UNC-CH v. UVA (r)

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by KinleyDog, Sep 21, 2003.

1. KinleyDog

KinleyDog New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    UNC-CH == University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill

UVA == University of Virginia

1:0 @ half time for UVA

Score by Littlefield.

2. KinleyDog

KinleyDog New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    final score....

1:0 UVA wins

3. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    That is such a shame that the greatest coach in the history of college soccer was not able to win this conference game, and preserve his undefeated season.
    Boy, what a shocker...that Carolina would lose a game!
    That's alright...I'm sure Bolowich is still in the running to take over for Sir Alex when he steps down from Man Utd.

I'd love to hear details of this one.

4. Scribe

Scribe Member

Los Angeles Galaxy
    United States
    Mar 26, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  5. jmsdoc

jmsdoc Member

Jun 25, 2000
    The Valley
    Don't get passive-aggressive on us, KD. I am expecting your usual concise and insightfull wrap on the game. Thanks in advance.

John

6. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    This is a great win for my Cavs. For all their struggles, they are 2-0 and tied for first in the ACC.

He still hasn't done anything to shake the Big Game George monicker, but Gelnovatch deserves credit for molding a very young team and making it competitive faster than most of us - at least, I - anticipated.

7. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    UNC-CH vs. UVA

This is a "hard to believe" result. UVA has a lot of talent. I did not see the game, however i saw them against American in College Park 2 weeks ago and cannot believe they could come this far this fast. Someone should try to assess (maybe Sandon) the impact that the U 17s national teamers are having on college soccer to date. I don't think they have impressed thus far, but then again, i am a newbie.

8. Sammys

Sammys New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Virginia
    UVA vs. UNC

UVA did not play with the intensity that it showed against Wake but came up with another big win.

This was another great defensive effort. Matt Oliver continues to impress in the back with another solid performance. The rest of the back line, Hartman, Tuman and Hunter Freeman all played real solid as well. Will Hall continues to break down opposing midfields by breaking up plays and keeping UVA possession. Phil Long had a strong performance at outside halfback and Mike Littlefield came up big with the winning goal off a ball from Joe Vide. Ryan Best, the freshman keeper had his 2nd shutout.

Two big wins against two of the best offensive teams in the country. Not bad for the young Cavs.

9. JT

JT Member

May 23, 1999
    Bloomington, IN
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    wow

I must say that I am surprised with UVA's play the past couple weeks. I watched both of the games at College Park and left thinking they wouldn't have much impact on the ACC (until next year). That being said, Hall is a really good player and I think Tuman's poise and savvy are a perfect compliment to Oliver's toughness and leadership. I'd be interested to see what UVA fans think of Hartman. I thought he was a total cheap shot artist.

10. sokrandlaw5

sokrandlaw5 New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Somewhere near and f
    It must have been the scrimmage with the WNT that helped spur the UVa squad to victory.

11. kayasoleil

kayasoleil New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    Virginia
    Re: wow

There are a few cheap shot artists on the team; but fortunately, not every game. I could not believe Hartman made the UVA all tourney team as I saw their games and he was one of the worst players on the field. He seemed to serve the ball to the other team nearly every time he got possession.

I did not see the college park games, but I have seen the UVA home games and while they at times appear inconsistent, sloppy and too full of themselves, they do harbour great talent. It takes some time to gel a team of big egos, especially young ones. However, it surprises me that people are so surprised at these recent results. UVA dominates most of the games they play and only need to find a scoring touch to complement their solid back line (who admittedly seems to have trouble with players who are skillful one on one).

I imagine some more ups and downs are in order this year, but I am also very certain that no team wants to meet UVA come tournament time-despite their recent lack of success in the drive to win a title or two.