umbro x-boot review- im sure we can get cazdaspaz to do one aswell on here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by htafc, Mar 30, 2005.

1. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    hi, btw this is #1000 :D

these boots are amazing!- i have the sg

tongue- the elastic loooks as if it may snap but shouldnt but anyway there is also velcro to keep them down which in 2 games hasnt become too muddy to stay there. if you want there is enough room for personaliation

upper- the leather is so soft and easy to mantain and i light. on the instep (i think its that) there are these little rubber circles for grip on the ball that work reasonably(sp.) well.

heel counter- really fits the shape of my heel and gives good support and protection and i think looks good too.

inside the boot- the x-static works good (not brilliant though) and the insole is very comfy.

soleplate- the 6 studs give better grip than the predator blades and no mud stuck to them- BUT they also werent too big like ive heard people say about vapors

overall- one word- quality! :p id say a 9.75/10

fell free to ask questions ;)

2. achyx

achyx New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    UK
    ooo nice one mate. how much were they?

3. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    i dont know if youve heard us english people talk about sports soccer which is a really cheap shop in england. i got them for £50 which i thought was amazing as pds has them listed for £100! btw they are the x-boot not the take down lol

4. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    any chance of sum pics? :D

5. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    sorry mate- i just cant get my camera to work :( when or if i get chance to use a different one i will ;)

6. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    no worries. :)

Wen u say sports soccer do u mean the franchise of shops linked to lillywhites?

And wot is the x-static tech in the boot and wot do u mean wen u say it works, how des ur feet feel with it?

I'm seriously interested in sum of these.

7. Mini Shay

Mini Shay New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    England
    This is my first post!

I will echo the thought on Umbro about quality. Ive been useing adidas world cups for the past 7 seasons (same pair!) but decided that a change was needed. I like a classic boot so settled on the Umbro Xia 3 and they are just brilliant. The Umbro soleplate is one of the most comfortable on the market in my oppinion

8. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    im not sure about lilywhites but maybe, i dont know much about london shops- im at the other end of the country and only 13!the x-staticworks because it is suposed to take away heat (similar to the england shirt) and it does a bit! :)

9. achyx

achyx New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    UK
    yup. course ive heard of sports soccer i used to live in the uk haha

10. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Hey htafc, have you got the new umbro boot terry and owen's wearing ?

11. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    ye- terry hasnt been wearing them in matches yet but they are the ones owen wears :) (with the red cross)

12. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah mine were £50 too from SportSoccer, and they ARE connected with Lillywhites. :) Great boots and the X-Static does work well. Really comfy boots and the fg seems to work on soft ground as well. Just sold my vapors for £30 as well so I was thinking about getting them in astro's as well. :D

13. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Btw, if any1 has a camera and these boots, can they perhaps take sum pics? :D

Thanx

14. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  15. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    if you look at the toe area were you normally get the first signs of the boots leather paint wearing away there is the red x so not much chance of the paint coming of straight away lol :) (pulses :mad: )

(the cross is a synthetic material)

16. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Hey just a quick question, since this new umbro boot has the st.george red cross on it, does it mean that non-england umbro players like tim cahill, luis garcia, jon stead will not get to wear this new umbro boot ?

17. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    jon stead! hes an old town player an plays for england u-21s lol :D im 1/4 polish(so watch them) and saw one of there players wearing them so yes they can :)

18. xdanx

xdanx Member

Aug 12, 2004
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How is the sizing of the boots compared to other brands? I would just go try some on, but I can't find and places near me that carry Umbro's. Also are they a narrow boot or are they wide?

If any body knows where I can find a US dealers list that would be great.

19. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    My feet are very narrow and I found the boots quite wide, I don't know if anybody else would think this though. :)

20. Adidas Fan

Adidas Fan New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Norwich, England
    Any rugby fans out there, because if you saw the Leinster v Leister game u would black/white Umbro X boots. Exactly the same as the red/white st george boot however the main part of the boot is black with a white X and white heel counter. Black tongue. I tried looking for pictures but couldn't find any. I thought he just coloured them over but hey are definatly original! :D

Hope thats a first sighting, i was well chuffed when i saw them, seem to be the first to report so i hope u like the info.

21. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    thanks a lot, ill have a look but i dont realy watch rugby (for us soccer am viewers- egg chasing :D )so was it a leister player? :)

22. Adidas Fan

Adidas Fan New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Norwich, England
    No Leinster. his name (surname) was Holwell (a Kiwi), as i said i lookd for pictures on gettyimages.com but none of him