... Ulices de la Cruz, news & comments?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Caturro, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    http://www.tercera.cl/medio/articulo/0,0,3308_5804_146418831,00.html

After becoming an anonimous society, it seems Colo Colo is rolling in cash and are starting to build up a really competitive team for next tournament. But, really... is this realistic? Why would anybody leave England for a chilean team that's been in crisis for years?

All I can say... if Ulices comes and a decent team is made... watch out for these guys in next year's Libertadores.

2. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Re: ... Ulices de la Cruz to Colo-Colo?

Colo Colo became a private entity???? Damn thats great... I think that's the only way for big clubs that cash-strapped to be able to come out of their misery.
    I hope the same thing happens to my beloved team, la U. We desperately need somebody to buy the club, or just take it over because these crooked dirigentes are pocketing every damn penny my team makes.
    So I hope my team follows suit.
    Useless De LaCruz is a good buy, for a South American club that is.
    By the way, who bought out the team? Who runs the show there now?

3. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Ciclon_Ecuatoriano New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto

Useless? piss off! or do you want me to post his golazo he scored against you guys!? :D

4. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto

delacruz's contract to Villa is just one more season I believe. I think it would be great to get him. Colo Colo, if they can get some good mix of vetran and youth talent, like LDU de Quito has, it can be a force once again. I for one would like to see this happen.

5. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

well to be fair, it was a group of aston fans that have given him that nickname, not peruytu

6. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto

well, they are Useless! most of Aston Villa's players never played in a World Cup before. If they treat him that way, I hope he goes to ColoColo.

7. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

:D

8. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

:D

9. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Last year, I'd say that nearly half of the chilean league was bankrupt. This means that tons of money was owed to the government and numerous other entities.

Because of this and the necessity to have a more competitive league, congress passed a law that requires ALL professional futbol teams in the country to become one of three options, all of them related or directly associated to anynimous societies. Together with this, the government is assured that these teams will eventually pay their debts and thus avoid a worse future for our league.

Because the two most popular teams, U de Chile and Colo Colo, were in deeper trouble than most, and knowing the popularity that these two teams have among members of the Senate, the law was passed in a relatively short amount of time.

Particularly, after filing for bankruptcy, Colo Colo was administered by a special commitee hired to stabilize the team's finances and get it ready for it's next step: privatization. A group of investors organized an entity called Blanco y Negro, and hired this foreign guy (I forget as whether he's English or American) specialized in administering big clubs (I believe he's had some experience with some English Premier League teams).

The first step was to put the team on the market... the stock exchange. This , to me, was the greatest thing. Anybody, people like you and me, could finally buy a little stake of their beloved team, be it for a few hundred dollars or more. After enough money was gathered (30 million dollars I believe) their started the "clean up" and fired everybody that had to be fired and brought people in to help with the sport part of the club. They brought in Mirko Jozic (the coach that led Colo Colo to win the libertadores in '91) and a big chunk of ex-players from that team to help Colo Colo in its new phase.

So now comes the sweetest part: spening the money that has been gathered wisely. And since they are running this thing like a business, I'm sure they will. They are even going to spend a lot of money in the stadium to make it up to date with all the technological advances that it needs to become one of the most modern in South America. Ambitious and nearly impossible a few years back, but finally happening.

*sigh*

My reponse was longer than expected! All other teams in the league are following suit, it seems (even my beloved Santiago Wanderes) so I defnitely see it as a good thing. And I'm sure Peruvian futbol could go the same route as well. I see a few negative aspects with private entities in futbol, but they far from outweighing the positive ones.

10. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto

I hope that when Delacruz ends his term with Aston Villa, he will join this team. Any chance Marcelo Salas will join?

11. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

i dont think salas will go to colo, isnt he a big u de chile fan?

12. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

:D :D :D hahaahaha

13. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  14. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Looks like Delacruz isn't the only Ecuadorian that ColoColo want.

They are interested in Franklin "el mago" Salas and "el latigo negro" Neicer Reasco
    [​IMG] [​IMG] who are both playing in Liga Deportiva Univeraria de Quito.
    I would like to see this move. If all 3 move to this team, it will become an equipaso! :D

15. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

i would not like them to leave to Colo Colo, they are fine in LDU

16. danmarce

danmarce Member

May 8, 2004
    Quito, Ecuador

umm they can dream, no?

Anyway we will see later.

17. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

You guys are not happy with this? Well, I thought it might give them some more exposure, then a euro team may see them and sign them if they are interested. But I also heard Reasco is being targetted by Boca Juniors, so I guess we will see where he goes. As for Salas, wasn't he supposed to join Cagliari?? :confused:

18. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

more good news for DelaCruz!
    [​IMG]
    he is wanted in a club from Spain and Scotland*I think the Rangers*. But I am not sure which Spanish team it is...God I hope it is Villarreal! :D

http://www.futbolecuador.com/noticia13818.html

19. ilovecolombia70 redded

Jul 4, 2005

useless is too useless to play in villareal

God I hope its vallloloid

20. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

you've been reported, your card will come soon, after the 4th of July celebrations I'm sure...:D

21. ilovecolombia70 redded

Jul 4, 2005

So what I can always make more puppets dont you ever give up

I really dont give a ******** it takes me 5 secodns to make another name :D

22. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

we'll never give up......

23. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

shaddap! :rolleyes:
    look, seems like they want to be full of Ecuadorians!

[​IMG] Tin Delgado is now a target!

http://www.futbolecuador.com/noticia13828.html
    Whether or not it will happen, but it is good gesture that Colocolo wants to become a super power with the help of 4 Ecuatorianos! :)

24. ilovecolombia71 redded

Jul 4, 2005

so what its the chilean league!!! our players in the chilean league are top goalscoreres and they are LAUGHTED at ....the ecaudorian league is ten to twenty times better than that joke of a league..

25. danmarce

danmarce Member

May 8, 2004
    Quito, Ecuador

this MUST be a joke...