Ukraine Football (and the inevitable stream-of-conscienseness NSR)

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by ecosseboy2004, Nov 23, 2004.

1. ecosseboy2004

ecosseboy2004 New Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Colours of the following club would be nice please,

Dynamo IhroServis
    Hazovyk Skala
    Stal Dniprodzerzhyns'k

Shirts and Shirts for Home and Away Please

2. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Re: Ukraine Football

If these teams have enough dough to wear same color clothes, I would be very surprised.

3. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Shurik,

If you don't have anything decent to say then just fvck off and don't say anything at all.

Ecosseboy,

I'll try to get you the colors from my friend in Ukraine.

4. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD

I am surprised you are still here and not on the Maidan, beating up anyone who isn't pronouncing his g's and y's properly.

Dinamo's colors should be white and blue. If they are not, they are not Dinamo. Seriously, though, this must be the Second League. They play in whatever garbage they can get from Adidas' three-year old discount bin.

5. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Seriously, I'm growing tired of you making fun of the Ukrainian language. Like I said, if you can't contribute to a thread, go back to the Russian Review thread and b!tch about the generic Umbro shirts.

6. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

Careful Shurik, I've just spent a good part of an hour discussing with someone how they rigged their election.

Nice to all the Orange brigade on the streets of Kyiv voicing their concern over how it was prosided. Shame they didn't do this 10 years earlier. :D

Politics and soccer DO NOT mix.

7. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD

I know perfectly well that the boy is too upset his man didn't cheat in the elections as well as the other man, but this was too easy a target to pass.

Zaporyzhzhzhzhya. Say that ten times fast.

8. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib

forza shurik!

9. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Listen Shurik, if you want to be a jerk off thats fine with me. I understand that you grew up in a different time then me, and to you Moldova and Ukraine are still a part of Russian society. Actually, if I had to take a guess, you're probably a Russian Jew who lived in Moldova, but associates himself as being Russian, as most Jewish people from former Soviet Union do. Thats probably why you feel that way. Most Ukrainians (especially those in the west) consider themselves to be Ukrainian, not Russian. Its true that east of Kyiv (or Kiev) everyone mostly speaks Russian, but if they are of Ukrainian origin, they consider themselves to be Ukrainian, not Russian. I don't know why you want to be a dick about the whole issue, but whatever. I can see the Polish board is pretty empty, but I know all of them left for another board because you were dick to them as well. I'm thinking if this keeps up I'll be doing the same here. I don't need to be dealing with the bullsh!t of an over 30 year old moderator who has nothing better to do then making fun of Ukrainian language and politics. Nobody gives a fvck what you think about the Ukrainian culture, so keep it to yourself.

10. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD

Well, it's obvious that you give a fvck, and a lot of it, I may add. And although I have never posted once on the Polish board (go and check), I am willing to admit that a close proximity of a Jew may indeed make the Poles run for the exits.
    Gee, how did you guess my origins, by the way? Why, with the veil of secrecy I surround it with. I AM RUSSIAN, mr. Nezalyzhnyst'! Simply by the virtue of speaking Russian as my native tongue. What other means of passing a culture along do you know? It certainly ain't foreskin-choppin'.

I know you are beside yourself with the election, but may I just point out that its the lovely country of Ukraine who is making fun of itself and your expectations of it not being discussed by me or anyone else in threads specifically designated for it are naive at best and stupid at worst. I am entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours. Deal with it and get the damn kit colors for the guy, for crying out loud! Your whining is getting on my nerves.

11. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How is Ukraine making fun of itself? By actually practicing democracy a totally foreign concept for the "Narod" of Russia and their Napoleon-like rip-off Mr Putin.

12. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD

Practicing democracy? Forging elections on both sides and letting the mob deside the outcome is practicing democracy?
    Gimme Napoleon! At least, he gave a name to a delicious and completely salo-free dessert.

13. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004

I am so surprised that Ukraine beat Turkey.
    Ukraine ahs never participated in the WC, so this time would be their best chances

14. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite

Funny; Shurik gave one answer. I'd give a completely different one. What did your "pataya grafa" say? I'd bet Shurik's didn't say Russian. You don't really understand the can of worms you'd open up with that question.

Btw, you fail to realize that Shurik would likely say just as many pejorative things about Russians as he would about Ukranians. His point isn't that Russians are better than Ukranians. I think he dislikes both rather equally.

Ah yes. Russia holds elections not too long ago, several times. In fact, Russia's elections were more open and Democratic. But, the West doesn't like who won, so it must not be democratic. Never mind that both sides in the Ukraine cheated their asses off - its whom I want to win that's democratic. Meet the new boss; same as the old boss. He'll just like Chirac's ass rather than Putin's. At least until they finally poison him correctly.
    But hey, I have ADD, so I'm going to say that because Ukraine is having a populist orgasm right now they understand more about elections than Russians do. OK!

15. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am? Hmm, I guess I should have posted in the Ukrainian Elections thread then.
    I don't concern myself with politics. The Ukrainian elections are much like the American elections of this year. Who do you chose, a 'Giant Deuch' or a 'Turd Sandwich'? In any case, the title of this thread is Ukrainian Football, so lets not bring the elections into it.

16. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Practicing democracy? Forging elections on both sides and letting the mob deside the outcome is practicing democracy?

Shurik Mr. Putin and all those quaint bedroom communities are waiting for you in Russia. My forebears in Ukraine were denied their right to liberty after their property was stolen by the Bolsheviks sent by our 'Big Brother' to the east. The Ukrainians are practicing democracy. Ukraine has been waiting for centuries to finally kick the Russians out. They won't let Putin, the Donetsk mob and their thugs steal their democracy.

17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001

Considering how Ukraine joined Russia, that's a funny statement. Unless that statue to dear old Bogdan "why isn't this Jew dead yet" Chmelnitski is the ultimate irony?

18. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun

Big chips, both shoulders... :) And what was that about Jews? I wonder if the Jews are attacking the sovereignty of the fledging Ukrainian state... :)

19. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun

Stop insulting Napoleon. :)

20. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun

I remember sitting on a park bench outside the town wall in Krakow, bantering away with this old local dude - he was muchly defenSive about the Polish conduct towards the Jews in WWII.

21. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

Oops. I must have a disease. Twice now, I have made a sneaky quip and Shurik has pounced on it to go into a multipage epilogue and ruin the name and subject of the thread. Obviously we need the occasional anti-Shurik comments to go in, to stir up the debate a little and keep these boards remotely worth posting in.

Lets just stick to the subject at hand guys.

Being from the West, you're both as bad as eachother - can't you agree to reform the communist party or something? Then your shady dealings will go unnoticed by the majority of the EU.....

22. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Really... Why don't you enlighten us on that topic.

23. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

To really understand how far back the feud between Shurik and I goes back you would probably have to resurrect threads that are over 5 years old. Before you kids joined BigSoccer, before there even was an Eastern European board, before any of that, Shurik was quick to pounce on Ukrainian culture. I've just had enough with his bs and won't tolerate it.

24. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

I'm not a fan either. His whining has nothing to do with this thread.

25. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001

What ARE they teaching kids in schools these days? Did they gloss over Bogdan's little campaign and preference for the Russian yoke rather than the Polish one?
    Although, to be fair, I think he just went with the group that would let him kill the most Jews.