UK General Election 2017

Discussion in 'Elections' started by The Biscuitman, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Take UKIP out of the equation you still see labour winning?

2. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well both, I suppose. UKIP's original leaders are former Conservatives, no?

3. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well they're two MP's are both former conservative MP's who switched to UKIP and as you can see on the other page, a lot of they supporters used to vote Tory. Labour have picked up Lib Dem votes whilst the Greens take votes of Labour supporters who don't feel the party is left wing enough.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A coalition is a government consisting of two or more parties. One party cant be a coalition. In general, parties are much more powerful in the top-down dimension in European politics: e.g. Fraktionsszwang(party discipline), votes of confidence or three-line-whips(UK) where reps have to vote according to the party/government line. That is what holds governments, especially coalition majorities, together.

I dont think UKIP as a party is considered to be stable/reliable enough to form a coalition government with. Dave like any other politician wouldnt want his majority to depend on those lunatics.

5. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're using "coalition" differently. In the US context, since there are only two parties, we think of coalitions as voting blocs who sometimes disagree with each other nevertheless banding together to vote for the same party. I imagine even in the most pure PR system this occurs, but we could think of UKIP voters as a coalition of these guys:

[​IMG]

And all I wonder is how many former Conservatives, Lib Dems, and Labour supporters are going to defect come Election Day. Additionally, if UKIP does get seats, how loyal will they be to their base given that this party just seems to be angry white men.

6. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They are lunatics because? Because the media told you they were.

7. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They're lunatics because

1. They're extremely xenophobic
    2. A lot of the party members and supporter are closet racists
    3. They're europhobia is based on paranoia and little englander syndrome
    4. There policy of pulling UK out of the EU would destroy the country
    5. They're homophobic
    6. They're Thatherites on steroids.
    7. They would destroy the working class with their policies.

I'm sure I'm missing out on a few things.

8. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    1. You say xenophobic but since mass immigration started in the UK in 1948 has it been more beneficial or hurtful to the nation? If you took a poll on this I think the answer of the English people might surprise you
    2. Agreed but at least you know where they stand ,they are creeps on this issue but they are out with their thoughts unlike many in the establishment.
    3. There euro phobia is based on the deluge of immigrants because of the EU rules and their isolationist Because they beleive in the idea the cheese stands alone.
    4. That is a hyperbole. The EU has destroyed many nations economies greece, Spain and italy more then it's helped. The UK leaving the EU wouldn't be a disaster but i doubt that happens even if there is a referendum on it.
    5. Agreed this is a party of older white angry cruddgmenons so that stance is not surprising
    6. Agreed but so is Cameron and the Tories. This Tory government is one of the most right-wing governments in UK history they make Thatcher look like a social democrat yet that gets ignored why? Because Davey Boy passed gay marriage lol the dude is a very smart politican smoke and mirrors.
    7. The working class has already been destroyed first by Thatcher and then by guess who Mr. Ride a bike himself Tony Blair. Blair and New Labour has destroyed the working class as much as anybody else. That is why so many of them are disaffected and are voting for UKIP.

9. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1. My opinion very beneficial
    2. OK so knowing where they stand and are "out with their thoughts" makes they're closet racism ok?
    3. Isolationism would harm the country, just ask North Korea, and EU rules means UK citizens can go and work in other countries, works both ways :)
    4. No widespread political corruption harmed those countries (Spain is making a comeback) and it would help if Greek citizens actually paid all their taxes, even if Greece wasn't in the EU it would still face the same problems.
    5. and that makes it ok does it?
    6. Cameron is just following Thatcher that's why I don't like him, but UKIP are more extreme i.e privatise all of the health service, postal services and many more. He did well voting on gay marriage did Dave.
    7. Why not vote Green party then like I am? they want to stand up to the corporate elite, the bankers and nationalise rail services, higher taxes for the rich :), The Green party would stand up for them, UKIP won't, stand up for them about Turkey's voting for Christmas.

10. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Good points my friend. I don't think UKIP is crazy just a legit right wing alternative to The tories. The real question is why has labour forgotten their ideals and left their working class base behind.

11. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Colm , I think you're a very nice person and your posts are generally insightful. However, I cannot condone your usage of "they're," "their," and "there" in the willy-nilly way you are applying them. Damn it, son, I've lost good men before to bad grammar and I'm not going to lose you!

Merry Christmas from the resident Grammar Nazi :geek::D

Colm repped this.
  12. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I should know better. :D

13. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Good grief Brummie......don't you ever sleep? I just got a text that appears to be from your cell. What did they put you in jail for this time? :eek:

American Brummie repped this.
  14. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    A relative's fiancee voted for UKIP in this year's local elections and says she will vote for them in the general election. Given that pretty much all I hear from her is how "immigrants are ruining the country", I have little doubt she'll vote for the most stridently anti-immigrant party.

15. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Your wrong the most anti-immigrant party is the BNP. UKIP isn't anti-immigration they are pro common sense. You cannot induate your nation with EU and non-EU immigration at a rate of 300k a year when as a middle sized nation demographically and economically it does more harm then good.

16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh please, you're generalizing. Germany has seen 300k last year and expects this year 500k. Two different studies, amongst them one of the Bertelsmann foundation, have found out that immigrants statistically contribute more than they take. And Germany has absorbed waves of asylum-seekers and refugees whilst other EU members(*cough) gladly didnt take any. Still they bring more than they cost. That's political common sense even amongst the AfD, UKIPs counterpart. I think we can transfer those figures to a comparable object such as the UK. If UKIP was pro common sense and economic rationality then they should be pro immigration. Of course, immigration should be controlled and it shouldnt be done without any limit, but the 300k immigration we're talking about is far from getting unbearable for a country as the UK.

UKIP isnt driven by reason, rather by people's feeling of being overwhelmed, so-called superalienation. You can find this in France, Switzerland, Austria and Germany too. Or the tea-partiers who want to build a Berlin wall 2.0 in Arizona. This fear may be human, at the same time it is irrational. British politics obviously has failed to explain people the why/how of immigration.

17. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    UKIP is a protest vote why because the LibLabCon has given the people of the UK nothing but corruption, illegal wars ,cronyism and mass immigration. Go to Luton, Birghingham, London or Leeds and see how the English in particular feel about immigration that it has drastically and dramatically turned their world upside down. Sure mass immigration to the UK is good for the monied elites but for the people the working class they have been squeezed.

In Germany PEGIDA is a rising force and attitudes toward asylum seekers are not positive. My cousin is a recent asylum seeker to Germany lives in Munich, he tells me he has been welcomed but his buddy who is in Dresden is getting major shit from the local populace. AfD is switching and becoming an anti-Immigrant party and is getting results.

18. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    The BNP appear not to be putting up a candidate in her constituency. If they did, I could well see her voting for them.

If the UKIP were "pro common sense" they'd be having an honest debate about immigration. They are not because they know their way to electoral success is to pander to people's belief that immigrants are the cause of all the UK's issues.

19. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    As Nick Griffin said, BNP voters are now voting for UKIPs racist policies.

20. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They are ,they are exposing LibLabCon open borders mass immigration policies. How more honest can you get sure sure they pandering but all parties do that. UKIP main bread and butter is euroskepticism they only jumped on the immigration bandwagon because not one mainstream party or leader is addressing a concern that millions of Britons are feeling yet everybody is too scared to talk about.

21. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    :ROFLMAO:

American Brummie and Colm repped this.
  22. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We don't have open borders you muppet, it's hard to get into the UK if you're from outside the EU, UKIP just appeal to bigots, FFS even Nick Griffin said he'll vote UKIP in the next election.

23. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Somebody sensitive huh? about 70% of your population increase between 2001 to 2011 according to the census was because of mass immigration you cannot deny that. 530k immigrants came into your country in 2o13 alone you cannot even dictate the number because your nation policy is controlled by Brussels. The election will not be own or lose by UKIP they are just a nuisance. This election is the clearest ideologically choice Britons have had since 1992. For Labour to not win a majority shows you how weak they really are.

24. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wasn't it 13 years of labour mismanagement why your country was in the toilet. Face it your side crashed the car and are now asking for the keys again.