UEFA WCL 2014-15: Strange encounters with elegant females

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Oct 7, 2014.

1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #76 White/Blue_since1860, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    Naah I remember myself talking to friends in early June last year after the Reus injury and we all agreed that we now would NEVER EVER possibly win the WC after this major blow. We were debating if it would be better to bet money on Spain or Brazil now. The rest is history.

Even without the injuries - this is a transitional tournament for a revamped Germany. Half of the team has never played a WC before. Thats not how it works. You need the experience to win titles. 2019 is Germany's next realistic chance.

The diagnosis is strained LCL - which is the most harmless injury we could have hoped for. Depending on how severe it is we can expect her out for 2-8 weeks - that's why nobody knows at DFB or elsewhere if she will be available. the ideal case would be: 1 week pause - then slowly back to training. But I dont see her starting in the group games then.

2. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Alushi is out for the WC (pregnancy).
    But there is worst in the wings. It's not official yet, I learnt it in Berlin, but I can't disclose it. Just be prepared to a shock.

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wtf?

Im gonna sleep good tonight.... :eek::cautious::(

4. silver_eagle

silver_eagle New Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Well, maybe you can at least disclose whether the shock we need to be prepared for is related to Champions League, Frankfurt, team Germany or other stuff :sneaky:

5. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Not Frankfurt.

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Got an idea but might be wrong

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Personally speaking, I don't think Silvia Neid not having the Alushi of the past two years is a major loss for Germany; her head hasn't appeared to be focused on being the best version of herself for some time now, so....
    I pray on the alter of the football gods, that this latest piece of pre WC bad news has NOTHING to do with Marozsan. You can work around losing 1 quality defender, re-organise things tactically in the absence of the best mid-fielder in the world, and even redistribute goal scoring in the absence of a lethal forward. But if Germany don't have Marozsan for the WC....:(, that's a hugely disappointing scenario for anybody wanting to witness the best of women's football in a few weeks time.

8. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Welcome back!!:)

What kind of shock?:cautious:

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Called it. Clear "attitude issues". I wouldnt have let her play another single game after she announced it. Some might not like to hear it but that is just unprofessional.

10. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Oh well, Scheisse passiert.
    ..which remind me: I need to make a trip over to the Apotheker.:oops:

Kanyeshrug.jpg. I'm with Batfink; this isn't a big loss. Funny to see US fans gloating over this. :rolleyes: Now, I think Germany's chances are better to pull it off.

11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree. One has to say that Lira hasnt been a starter for like the last 3 years. She also didnt make it into a team that outplayed Brazil 4-0. Meanwhile, due to all the injuries also at Euro 2013, has Germany a new generation coming through: Maro, Lotzen, Leupolz, are all prefered mid-choices and 6-7 years younger than her. Däbritz is another player coming through I think will do well and there's old veteran Behringer. The real loss would be Laudehr's work ethic in case she wont make it.

12. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I'm back from Berlin, where I went and attended the UCL final with some friends.. I read all the French comments and forum posts on the subject and had a wide circular glance on Tweeter on pro-PSG accounts, pro-Lyon and neutral ones. In any case, I laughed a lot, and am delighted with the enormous enthusiasm expressed by some Lyon supporters who became fanatics of Frankfurt before the game (they were WOB's last month), and celebrated the win as if their own club won the trophy again. No doubt the 2015-16 Bundesliga various threads will be enriched by these new converts to German Women's Football :p

Anyway, here is what I saw in the stadium. All the people with whom I exchanged there, either during the game or after, were unanimous on the same observations. We all saw the same thing (those people being PSG fans or neutral). I flew back yesterday at late afternoon (after my plane nearly crashed in the Mediterranean sea ...) and I have not had the opportunity to see the game again yet, or even highlights.

First observations : a full stadium, with a horrible athletics track, but much less ugly than Charléty, contrary to what one might have feared. A chilly weather (well, for a Southerner like me), about 700 fans from Paris, including some fifty ultras (those prohibited in all Paris stadiums by PSG) who consistently followed the PSG girls in the UCL away games. I was in Wolfsburg, and they were already there (but also in Twente and Glasgow). Apart from their usual 5 minutes of insults towards the PSG's security boss and Qatar (reprehensible to my eyes not only because they are insults, but also very stupid since going completely against their owncause), they spent the rest of their time to support their players, singing and chanting from the very first to the very last minute as in Wolfsburg.
    As for them, Frankfurt's fans (obviously many more) were more discreet, manifesting their support mostly by hand clapping. I must say that the profile of these fans is not at all the same of the Parisians. Take note that several fans of Turbine Potsdam, wearing jerseys, scarves and flags of their club, were there too. To reward me for being a OM fan admiring the entire German football (we talked a bit together), they graciously offered me a pin's of their club ! Danke schön ! :thumbsup:

Frankfurt fielded its complete team, if you count that Bartusiak (who only played a very little recently) was logically on the bench. Schmidt found her position as the RB holder again, Crnogorcevic went up a notch in the middle where she was associated with Marozsan (a little less low than usual), Boquete (high) and, surprise surprise, Garefrekes playing in 6. Front, Sasic of course, flanked by Laudehr who alternated from being a midfielder and a winger, as usual.

For Paris, no Laura Georges or Josephine Henning, both physically not fit enough to be aligned at the start, but we nevertheless saw them warming up very quickly and without interruption, Laure Boulleau did not start the match 100% fit, and was quickly hit a first time. So we found the pair Delannoy-Krahn, brilliant in Wolfsburg (and again at Charléty for the former, when Annike completely failed on this second leg). Houara and Boulleau were on their usual sides. In midfield, in the absence of the two suspended (Seger and Hamraoui), Dali and Kaci sided Cruz. Finally, in front Asllani (left) and Alushi,uncertain until the last minute (right) were to support Delie.

The Germans (I mean, those of FFC ;o) had a very good start , with no kind of hesitation, while PSG could not be set up, nor organize its playing and the ball circuits, or to ensure the possession of the ball, systematically lost , losing the duels too or failing in their passing. This German domination in midfield materialized in some opportunities, but Kiedrzynek shone as she has done since the beginning of the season. However, Frankfurt opened the score logically. A cross from Garefrekes (or more likely a shot, deflected anyway) came from the right in the left side of the box. Houara was too short and lobed (not sticking enough to Sasic) and the German striker beautifully headed the ball. Kiedrzynek could not do anything..

This score advantage was deserved in spite of the fact that Boquete had disappeared from the game after a quarter of an hour (very close to her match against Wolfsburg last Sunday actually) and Maro was especially visible on set pieces and defensive tasks (on Cruz). But the goal had the virtue to wake up the PSG, in which Cruz, outstanding inWofsburg, was totally ineffective this time, past the initial first 10 minutes (in fact, she and Maro annihilated each other). While Kaci was doing a very good job, Dali – who failed through the first half hour – finally gave the right tempo to her team. After a great shot that Schumann had to save, on the following corner Kenza sent a perfect cross that Delie superbly catapulted into the net. Really wonderful.
    The end of the first period remained fairly balanced with a regenerated PSG..Unfortunately, Delie - what a great game ! - was absolutely alone in the front...

The second half began as the 1st, Frankfurt taking the direction of the game and had several opportunities, including one cleared off the line by Krahn. On the others, Kiedrzynek was imperial !
    After the first fifteen minutes, Alushi (invisible from the start, but apparently suffering very much by judging from her rictus of pain) went out, as well as Boulleau (hit a second time and who could no longer run). Benstiti radically changed his team. Laura Georges came in alongside Krahn, Houara going LB, Delannoy RB, and Henning came in too, positioned in 6. Me and my friends were very surprised and skeptical, but first, Benstiti did not have a lot of choice, and second, the team found a much better balance. The match was then very indecisive and extra-time seemed more likely to happen after Laudehr was an inch away of a second yellow card. But who doesn't know that with the Germans we must remain hyper attentive until the last second ?

It was the 92 ', aerial ball in the Parisian box. Krahn clears the ball too weakly with a header, Garefrekes wins the ball over Kaci (I think she pushed the PSG player) and deflects it with another header to Islacker, just left alone by Henning who had an unfortunate step toward Garefrekes. Superb volley with the outside of her left foot, Open net. Game over....

The victory of Frankfurt is logical, the team had more scoring opportunities than Paris. I have not heard anyone say otherwise, even among PSG most hardcore fans. Their sadness and even their dejection was more due to the cruel timing of the 2nd goal (equivalent to a former golden goal), rather than to the defeat itself, well accepted. Some players were especially inconsolable after the game (Houara, Delie, Dali), others who have known victory and defeat and have experience (Cruz, Henning) reacted better.

All in all, the game was fun even if not very high quality, highly competitive as a final must be. It was of course far from the wonder of last year, but when will we see again such a fantastic show (Wolfsburg-Tyresö) ? Maybe never. It was less closed than I had feared and (I have witnesses !) ended with the score I had predicted: 2-1. The only thing was that I didn't know who would be the winner ;)

Everyone was wrong (myself included) to think that key players would be Maro-Boquete on one side, Cruz-Alushi on the other. None of the four (my review of the players will follow later in another post) really shined, the least we can say. The player of the game for me was Kiedrzynek who, if she continues the momentum of her last months, will become one of the best, if not the best goalkeeper in the world. And, in second, Garefrekes and Delie. The absences of Hamraoui (with her physical impact that would have done well) and especially Seger's, enormously weighed. And I will add Horan's too, for the same reasons, and especially seeing that Asllani was nonexistent...

(Opinion on the players to folllow)

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thank you so much and props!
    [​IMG]

Gromit06 repped this.
  14. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Will it be the Final in two years time ? ;)

[​IMG]

One amongst many celebrities, Steffie Jones (incredibly sweet)

[​IMG]

15. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Better late than never...

The players (I still haven't watched the match again).

PSG

Kiedrzynek: outstanding one more time. For me, the Best Player of the game. Perfect in the air (so reassuring !), an impressive ability to jump and spring, horizontally as well as vertically, I regret just one thing : she is not French. With her, the WC horizon would have cleared all of a sudden !

Houara : she was not the great Houara from Charléty (vs WOB). Nevertheless, she played her part and succeeded in muzzling swift Laudehr's raids and attempts to make a break, and that is already something. But her responsability is engaged on the first goal. Completely absent offensiveley.

Delannoy : a very, very good game again for Sab who seems to have taken a new step forward for some weeks, a confirmation with her two big matches against WOB and this really good performance. When she went RB, she perfectly stood the position.

Krahn: she suffered a lot against a very good Sasic, but muzzled her in the playing. She was not concerned on Célia's goal since Houara was marking her at that moment. I'll put her performance midway between Wolfsburg's (excellent) and Charléty (a failure). Not bad.

Boulleau : she started the match already slightly injured. Then she was hurt a first time very quicly. She bit the bullet but a second and more severe injury was much too much. Until then she defended well and tried to bring something in attack, but scarcely.

Georges (60', for Boulleau) : a very good entrance. Laura brought her experience, her calm, her strength and sturdiness. Unfortunately, it was not enough.

Dali : a very voluntary first half-hour but with many missed passes and wrong choices. Then, after Sasic's goal, her trigger mechanism was on ! We saw again the Kenza who has been blooming for several months. A big opportunity saved by Schuman in corner who led to the goal on which she delivered a beautiful cross. She kept going on, even if she had to defend a lot most of the time. To be noticed : she once got the ball back between two Germans near the corner post, it was a little gem the way she did it. It was just in front of me.

Kaci : a very serious game, as usual. Aurélie never misses the big games. Not in a spectacular way, but what a job in the shade ! During this famous and very difficult first half-hour, she was the only one (with Delie) to keep her head above the water.

Cruz : big disappointment. Without Seger on her side, she seemed lost and she disappeared after 10 minutes, a victim of a reciprocal annihilation with Marozsan.

Alushi : uncertain until the very last minute, she was finally on the pitch. But she was a complete failure, totally off the mark. Her injury seemed to wake up because she was severely grinning and obviously suffering when she went out. But the fact that she announced after the game being pregnant (and it seems she is 4 months !) may have been another cause... I wonder if PSG knew her real state (I mean the 4 months). It was very likely her last game with PSG (her plan was to play another season, then stop in June 2016 in order to have a baby... Ooops... Too soon)... Her passage at PSG will be remembered by several physical problems (her usual lot), but also because she was THE player who sent Lyon out of the UCL with her two goals in QF (one in each leg). And that is something.

Henning (60' for Alushi) : Benstiti didn't have a lot of choice on the bench. To send in a young one (Sarr, Lahmari) in a UCL Final against a big German team with a full half-an hour and maybe more to play would have been perilous. Henning was the right solution. She came in as # 6 and quickly stabilizeded the midfield. Just one mistake on Islacker's marking at the 92'. Payé cash..

Asllani : was she more or less a ghost than Alushi ? All the same... Totally useless.

Delie : the best PSG player with Kiedrzynek and one of the best on the field. A great game, particularly if we take in consideration Alushi's and Asllani's complete failures, MLD was very, very, very alone on the front against a very good Kuznik. And she nevertheless had a great game. With a splendid goal in addition. For all those who always believed in her (I am one of them), her performance was a real pleasure to watch.

Benstiti : he did well without Seger, Hamraoui and Horan, with Goerges and Henning not fit enough. He is not guilty of Cruz, Asllani and Alushi collective failure.

FRANKFURT

Schumann : a great save on Dali's shot, deflected in corner (who led to Delie's goal). Otherwise, not many things to do.

Schmidt : she was lucky to have a ghost in front of her (Asllani) because she showed that she is still very far to be back to her best. For the WC, it seems that Leonie Maier can quietly sleep in the waiting...

Huth (for Schmidt) : brought her usual dynamism and velocity.

Priessen : good game, solid, but a bit flat.

Kuznik : very good game, in spite of the fact she suffered agonies with Delie. One can think that if PSG would have had two other real forwards and not only one, FFC's defense would have been in real pain, because Kuznik could have not been everywhere. Anyway, that was THE duel of the game.

Hendrich : less horrible than against WOB (or in Algarve where I was for the whole tournament and saw Germany twice), but this time she didn't have Hansen as an opponent. This is probably the explanation.

Laudehr : Simone played "à la Simone". Determination, rage, percussion, huge activity, and... many fouls committed. Missed a second yellow card by miracle (and the first could have been a red with another referee maybe). But an essential element for her team. Went out injured with a ligament strain and is unfortunately uncertain for the WC. That would be a great loss for the Mannschaft.

Ando (for Laudehr) : played about 5 minutes. Can't be judged.

Marozsan : always very dangerous on free-kicks (her way of hitting the ball is always so delightful), but sacrified in the playing in her duel with Cruz (for old people, in the same way as Beckenbauer was against Bobby Charlton in the 1966 WC Final). None of the two were seen in the open game and that is too bad. I suppose that FFC being qualified for the 2016 UCL, they won't open the door for Maro to leave before the end of her contract. Unless they do it for good services...

Boquete : another cruel disappointment. The brilliant Spanish gave us a copy-cat of her game against WOB 4 days before. 15 good minutes, then nothing else. Thank you Kaci.

Garefrekes : I imagined her in her classic position of right winger and in duel with Boulleau, and bet on a knock-out win by Laure. But there was no duel since the Giraffe played in midfield, very low, actually as a real 6 ! And she shone ! Frankfurt's best player by the way she controlled the game, her calm, her technique, her choices always accurate. One of the 4 best players of the match (with Kiedrzyneck, Delie and Sasic).

Crnogorcevic : she used to play LB with FFC, and even RB (vs WOB), giving very average performances (she is an overrated player imho). Back to her real position in midfield, she had a very good game, the best I saw by her since.... er.... a very long time.

Islacker (for AMC) ; she was the winning coaching. Mandy is the golden sub by excellence. She scored a beauty of a goal, the title's, reminding to those who had forgotten it that she was before everything a great striker.

Sasic : as usual, Célia incessantly ran, harassing the defense. As usual, she tried a lot (always helping to make the stats of her club or NT rising), as usual she missed a lot, as usual she scored. A very good game. UEFA awarded her as the MVP, which was imho a bit generous, the three pre-quoted players deserving it as well if not better than her. But the award (almost) always goes to a player of the winning team. And she scored, what Garefrekes did not. Anyway, an excellent game from Célia.

Bell : first time I saw him a good tactician by putting Garefrekes as 6, Maro on Cruz, and AMC back in midfield. In Football, everything is possible...

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Id like to add that I saw a game in which I think frankfurt -to the surprise of everyone- dominated all the game. The first half time they also could turn this in wuite a few chances. The 2nd half was a midfield battle with Paris creating 0 chances while Frankfurt maybe had 1 decent and 1 half chance. The 1:1 for PSG was very lucky in my view. 2-1 then was very lucky for Franktfurt - so equal justice there.

But this game also convinced me that Maro is no soltion at DM - at least not when facing quality opposition. There was kilometers of space behind her to run into. To me- it was only a matter of time when PSG would use this space. But it never came - again to my surprise.

Gromit06 repped this.
  17. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Yes, I agree with you.

Good news for the Mannschaft. I've just asked Laudehr if her injury will be cured in time for the WC and she answered me that yes, it was actually curing very well. :thumbsup:

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  18. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    To the surprise of who? Very few (even among French non PSG haters...) gave them a chance because Frankfurt has simply better players....with only Cruz , Alushi and may be Delie matching the Germans offensive talent PSG had a very tiny chance to win it,everybody who follows closely women football knew that!

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To my surprise and I know more about women's footy than you. Also: the eurosport feed, the ZDF feed - several other news, online, paper, sports outlets.....

20. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #95 debzy, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    Loool.....that mean you still have a lot to learn about football in general...
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....Oktoberfest didn't start yet and you are already. completely:coffee::coffee:..nevermind....:whistling::whistling::confused:

21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    still so butthurt about France having no good goalies? or France losing when it matters? or just a tough time for France always losing to Germany?

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol @ Varane. I could watch this for hours
    [​IMG]

23. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lol pathetic as usual. Anyway next season Germany will have three teams if I am not wrong I hope finally UEFA will give three spots at Germans, Swedish, French and English clubs the competition will be far better like that.

24. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    She's back to team training. 1 week is quite a blitz recovery.

25. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Don't use the word blitz, it will wake up the Germanophobes around :laugh: