UEFA Nations League || 12 & 18 Nov || Netherlands and Italy || Amsterdam & Sarajevo

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Sudžuka, Sep 21, 2017.

1. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I like the idea but Sanicanin has played well so idk if we will see that happen.

Zvornik repped this.
  2. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I don’t think Saničanin has done anything to deserve losing his starting spot. I like the exposure he is getting playing these top teams that maybe he’ll be able to move out of Serbia in January or in the Summer.

Whatever happens though, I feel good about the future of the CB position. We have three guys we can rely on along with a veteran Bičakčić to shepherd them.

Young Zmaj and BosanskiRambo repped this.
  3. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I agree. 3 young good CB’s with the likes of Bicakcic, Kovacevic, Serbecic, Mujakic, Mihojevic and Memisevic.... we are stacked in that position with potential and decent quality. Probably missed a few as well

4. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Vrancic had his chance with the national team under Susic, never really delivered or brought anything to the team. Yeah he's a good club player but I'm not sure he can fit in the current roster in any way.

5. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    If we had a team that had an established system and were trying to shoe horn him into I’d agree. We lack a creative midfield player and I think you give him a shot. Sušić was 7 years ago, he is playing much better than some of the other players called up.

6. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    No Dzeko for the upcoming games. Tested positive for covid

7. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    No Turkes, either: another COVID-19 casualty. That leaves BiH with just Hodzic and Prevljak as strikers, and neither of them is exactly a classic centre-forward.

It would be nice to think that Bajevic will do the logical thing and call up a couple of replacements: any two from Demirovic, Mulahusejnovic, Lukic, Djuric, Menalo, Hajrovic, Smajlagic, Jurilj, Catakovic...

Or am I dreaming?

8. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    Demirovic gets called up to the 'A' selection, as do Mihojevic and...Irfan Hadzic of Turkish second-tier side Akhisarspor.

No Menalo...yet more lunacy...

Sudžuka repped this.
  9. Khamzat UFC

Khamzat UFC Member

Manchester United
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 9, 2020
    Losing Husein Balic to Austria was an even bigger outrage. Would have been the perfect replacement for Lulic

What you are seeing right now with Mihojevic and more evidently with Hadzic is the savez - manager/agent connections. The Iran game is exactly what they want the future for the NT to be - making money based on dodgy player call ups and give a rats ass where BiH NT ends up in next 10 years.

Personally I don't see us qualifying for another major tournament in that timeframe unless major changes are made. Only hope for this NT is another BH Fanaticos boycott but then again during covid time whats the point lol?

New Era repped this.
  10. Khamzat UFC

Khamzat UFC Member

Manchester United
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 9, 2020
    I know I am kinda ranting here but missing out on the EUROS was a HUGE blow for us.

When it comes to Europe things are changing massively in International football scene as many teams who were once mediocre are building up systems to become much more accomplished and consistent national teams which will make things much harder for BiH to qualify in the future.

Teams like Slovakia, Ukraine, Northern Ireland, Finland, Poland, Austria, Turkey, Iceland, Norway etc.. who BiH could have beaten on any given night around 8 years ago are gonna be much tougher to play against in the foreseeable future.

Unless BiH NT follows modern international football trends such as good coaching, scouting, adapting to modern fitness regimes and tactics based on player strengths & consistency we ain't going anywhere.

Everybody else is stepping up their game whilst we are regressing.

11. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Thank our eternal loser mentality for that, our dumb players who talk and never perform, our incompetent FA and the inability to ever succeed under pressure with the game in Lithuania being the sole exception in the last 25 years or so. Still to this day I'm amazed we didn't choke than as well because if we had to go through the playoffs against Romania instead of Greece I can absolutely guarantee you that we would still be waiting for a first ever participation in a major tournament to this day.

What you wrote is also relevant to club football where you now have teams from countries like Moldova, Macedonia, Azerbaijan and Luxembourg qualifying for group stages regularly while we are STILL waiting for a single BIH club to do the same.

12. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    It's not that surprising, as second or third generation Bosnians who never grew up in BIH start making a name for themselves at club level, more and more will likely pick their countries of birth rather than their country of origin. It's an unfortunately normal process that you see all across the world with diaspora kids. Still, I think in some way parents are to blame.

13. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    To be honest, that's not necessarily the case anymore because of changes in technology: the advent of satellite television, cheap air travel and the Internet mean that the nature of immigration has changed.

The truth is that BiH should be getting the best of both worlds – a domestic scene which produces a fair number of players + a diaspora community that is increasingly connected to their home country. All it needs is a semi-competent federation that actually tracks eligible players in other systems, and entices them across.

14. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    This is a deeper conversation that could get off-topic but I will keep it simple for now. What is the advent of satellite television, cheap air travel and the Internet any good if the player we are looking to grab can barely put two sentences together in Bosnian and has in some cases never been to BIH? Honestly, if someone named Edin, Amir or such picks Australia or the USA as his future national team instead of Bosnia, I can't blame him and I would even welcome that especially if he has no cultural, linguistic or any other attachment to BIH. To understand fully what I mean, think of Christian Pulisic for instance.

15. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    No one from our savez ever reached out to Husein Balic (his words), either incompetence or they just never rated him. Personally, I would have tried him out in a friendly.

16. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    so Dzeko, Hadziahmetovic, Turkes dropped because of positive Covid-19 tests and Malmo isn't letting Ahmedhodzic join because a teammate tested positive.

Demirovic, Irfan Hadzic, and Mihojevic called in as replacements so far. Missed anyone?

17. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    really shitty and unprofessional of the savez to immediately question Anel's commitment and "patriotism" (I hate that word) to Bosnia because they don't understand the protocol.

18. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Typical amateurism from the savez.

19. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Any streams for Iran game?

New Era repped this.
  20. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
  21. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    The circus act continues, Jasmin Buric is injured so instead of calling up a real goalkeeper we called up the goalkeeper trainer from FK Sarajevo. We are a fvcking circus

New Era repped this.
  22. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    Wait a second...if teams are allowed to call up players at this stage, what about replacements for Hasic, Hajradinovic and Zeljkovic? Are they not even bothering with that at all?

23. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
  24. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Is it really worth watching? visca is playing, Hodzic cant stay onside, pjanic can’t hit the goal from 10 yards, Sehic’s distribution is horrendous, and our back line is a disaster

25. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Like I said it back in the day we were really luck to qualify to Brazil. And 95% of you said that was a stupid saying we are gonna qualify for Euros and another World cup next for sure. LMAO this team is the worst time i have seen ever on the bosnian side