UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. Chucksav07

Chucksav07 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Nov 7, 2023
    This is what I found on the Euro site, no mention of membership or access codes so I think you are indeed correct

Attached Files:

LaParka710 repped this.
  2. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    This is how Scotland are doing it , It runs until next Thursday although I'd imagine after 7500 could buy today it will be sold out tomorrow. And they're only allowed 1 tkt per each group game

Attached Files:

3. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    From what i understand, 10k tickets are given to each team in the group stage. If you apply with a code then you are getting tickets out of the 10k tickets for the specific match. If you apply as a fan of whatever, you can apply to every game you would like to go to, and you will be in a ballot with the general public. If 10k tickets were sold through the FA for let's say Portugal, you can still apply through the general ballot and hope to win something.

4. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Somebody on another forum said they've handed all their tickets back to UEFA to deal with, which would back up your theory.

LaParka710 and GingerAndy96 repped this.
  5. Nakul Sood

Nakul Sood Member

Real Madrid
    India
    Jul 10, 2022
    Germany
    I don’t think this can be entirely correct. Every confederation is getting around 10K tickets per game, that means that 20K tickets in total.

The smallest stadium amongst all the10 has at-least 40K seats, so there are at-least 20K tickets still left to be sold, some of which were sold in the 1st ballot.

But I am sure that there are tickets kept/left for the general pool regardless of whether or not the confederations have sold their allocations.

Chucksav07, welshbairn and Flintstone repped this.
  6. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    #2081 welshbairn, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    I haven't heard of anyone having to pay for more than a Cat 3 yet, so some of the 11 pointers might still be lucky. I suspect some of the Cat1's might still be available for another day or so after tomorrow.

7. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    The killer is the opener, you may be paying 600 euro that may prolong it a few more hours. There was 6,400 FF and cat3 for Munich

8. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Sorry, I meant some of the 600 euro Cat 1s might be available for a few more days, the Cat 3's are probably gone, as you said, or definitely will be by tomorrow. I think a few might forget about the opener and just go for Cologne and Stuttgart.

belfasteric repped this.
  9. GingerAndy96

GingerAndy96 Member

Kilmarnock
    Scotland
    Jun 11, 2021
    Yea, I read a Hungarian news article that suggested this. Just found it quite odd. Wasn't sure if I'd missed something haha!

I guess there are quite a few nations taking a similar approach. The likes of Slovakia & Slovenia for example. (For both and others it states on UEFA site to apply as a fan of)

For talking sake, I guess if I wanted to watch both, my best chance in the ballot would be to make seperate dedicated Uefa accounts as a supporter of each nation.

10. Chucksav07

Chucksav07 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Nov 7, 2023
    Ahhh I see what you mean, thanks for the feedback, that would definitely be better.

Nakul Sood repped this.
  11. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Even if a football federation decides to let UEFA run the ticketing without codes it can and probably will influence the outcome.

Now some might not care but there definitely is an opportunity for them to decide who gets tickets.

LaParka710 repped this.
  12. ahalftimereport

May 15, 2015
    Club:
    Hull City AFC
    This is undoubtedly (and understandably) true, but doesn't it also apply to CAT 2 tickets?

The price difference between CAT 1 and CAT 2 tickets is smaller than the difference between CAT 2 and CAT 3, and if lots of people assume CAT 3 = value and CAT 1 = best chance of success in the ballot for the ko stage, is it not possible fewer people apply for CAT 2s?

Just one hypothesis! Personally had most success with CAT 2s at Euro 2020 and 3/4 tickets friends have got for this Euros have been CAT 2.

LaParka710 repped this.
  13. GingerAndy96

GingerAndy96 Member

Kilmarnock
    Scotland
    Jun 11, 2021
    Absolutely, I find it difficult to understand why competing Nations would allow UEFA to do this.

My assumption is, that these nations don't have loyalty systems or aren't tied in with their supporters club's and don't have the data to fairly distribute tickets themselves.

14. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    It would be quite a shocker if Europe's gay community all signed up for My Team Hungary. :whistling:

LaParka710 and Gazza66 repped this.
  15. Gazza66

Gazza66 Member

England
    Jan 6, 2020
    LOL

16. Calvin_mufc

Calvin_mufc Member

United
    England
    Nov 16, 2023
    Anyone sign up for France get the code yet?

17. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Guys here reading too much liberal news I guess :D

I would NOT advise to apply for Hungarian tickets as an opposite fan though. :)

18. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Already got my kilt sorted for Stuttgart, hope the ticket comes through..:rolleyes:

upload_2023-12-7_17-20-31.png

Ben F, LaParka710, Eden82 and 1 other person repped this.
  19. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    P.S. Only joking, I'm sure we'll all have a great party in Stuttgart. Any idea why the Hungarian FA sent their tickets allowance back to UEFA to allocate, rather than rewarding loyal fans?

20. Krish Patel

Krish Patel Member

Al Nassr
    Portugal
    Nov 17, 2023
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Losing hope as the hours go by... I hope Portugal+ sends me an email :(

21. Chucksav07

Chucksav07 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Nov 7, 2023
    I just got Portugal codes but bought tickets using the French codes yesterday, is it worth risking it?

22. Nakul Sood

Nakul Sood Member

Real Madrid
    India
    Jul 10, 2022
    Germany
    Got the Portugal email finally and got the tickets to all 3 games. All CATs except the fans first were available.
    Will sleep happy today.
    All the best guys!

23. thoves

thoves Member

May 5, 2011
    France are all sold out.

Calvin_mufc repped this.
  24. thoves

thoves Member

May 5, 2011
    Still no mail on Portugal here.. :/

25. Kostik

Kostik Member

Liverpool FC
    England
    Dec 4, 2023
    Could you tell us when did you become a member of Portugal+?