UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. Álvaro Morata

Nov 28, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whats the difference between Cat 1 and Prime seats ? There was no Prime cat in the first lottery? Are those prime seats the seats from hospitality just without the food and drinks ?

Glamourboy10 repped this.
  2. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    That's me ready for a few eventualities ..my wife is now married to a Portuguese guy and we have a Spanish son and an Italian daughter....What times the codes at

TyBoogie80, Untitled, Eden82 and 3 others repped this.
  3. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Did you manage to join the Spanish FA? I could not find it on their website

AlistairSinc repped this.
  4. AlistairSinc

AlistairSinc Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Nov 14, 2023
    Oslo/London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    if you don't mind may I know how your daughters became Italian? I'll make my Mother Italian

5. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    I think Eric just set ‘fan of’ in his daughter’s account? Same with his ‘Spanish’ son.

LaParka710 and AlistairSinc repped this.
  6. nk77

nk77 Member

Australia
    Nov 14, 2023
    Guesses on when Portugal drops their code this week?

7. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    No, I think Eric just set ‘fan of’ as it looks like they may distribute some of their allocation that way? Same as Slovenia and Serbia, and a few others.

LaParka710 and AlistairSinc repped this.
  8. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    LaParka710 repped this.
  9. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All you new Portuguese folks, just stay out of the third group game :)

Also going to look into Albania ticket process for their match with Spain.

Giving up on the hope for the England-Slovenia tickets and going to focus on the fanfest for Germany-Swiss.

10. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    People who have experience from Euro 2020 and WC 2022, how long after the 'second ticket sale phase' did you get the results? For this time UEFA said no later than 30.1.24 but I hope we see results before as train tickets with special offers go on sale from 17th January if I remember well

Glamourboy10 repped this.
  11. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    Definitely worth a punt on my wife’s account as worse case it has no benefit, and best as you say it might give access to a pot that only those who do it on a given account get a shot at?

So is she going to be Spanish or Italian?

Flintstone repped this.
  12. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Haha, I did say no to the upgrade. Not going to lie though, it's not a hard no until December 12th. :laugh:

13. Glamourboy10

Glamourboy10 Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Dallas,TX
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I guess they added in now since the draw was done. I doubt anyone would have selected that option without knowing the teams. Looks like they will be center field on both sides of the pitch. Then again I had a cat 1 midfield in Lusail stadium in Qatar and I sat in level 7 which needed binoculars to see the field. I see Iduna Park and Alliance have an 81k and 75 capacity. Maybe our German friends can tell us how high up those stands go

14. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    For Euro88 tickets were no problem. You could apply to your national federation and in my case we got all 3 Republic of Ireland group games, both semi finals and the final.

Italia 90 was a little different. Loads of empty seats but plenty locked out. Let's just say the organisation that really ran ticketing was not an official body.

USA 94 had blind sales and names on tickets for the first time. Demand was very high in advance but tickets were easy on the ground in the end.

In those days you could just turn up at a stadium and get tickets. France 98 was the first time that strategy failed. A friend got into 1 of 4 games he tried to attend.

15. Lukas.peric

Lukas.peric Member

Dinamo Zagreb
    Croatia
    Nov 16, 2023
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Have associations released the ticket splits already? Im eagerly waiting for those..

16. Glamourboy10

Glamourboy10 Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Dallas,TX
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If I recall correctly 2020 was a few days before, WC2022 was on the day of just like the first lottery results from 2024. I honestly dont see them releasing the results prior to that 01/30 date.

17. ColUFan

ColUFan Member

Colchester United
    England
    Apr 22, 2022
    The England FA have said they're still waiting but hope to have something tomorrow.

18. Lukas.peric

Lukas.peric Member

Dinamo Zagreb
    Croatia
    Nov 16, 2023
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I'm begging you to post the quantities here once they communicated them

19. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I'll be going for the 25% discount on an interrail card, offers more flexibility. Probably the 10 days in a month version. Will still be aiming to book seats ASAP though.

20. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I don't know about the splits but the Scottish FAs allocation of FF and Cat 3 tickets will likely all be gobbled up by the fans who could afford to go to all the away games over the last few years, which doesn't feel right. I'm not sure of a fairer way of doing it though. Codes will be sent out before 12 noon on Wednesday 6th.

21. ColUFan

ColUFan Member

Colchester United
    England
    Apr 22, 2022
    England are doing similarly. Codes are going to be staggered so that those with the most caps can go online first and have the biggest choice of ticket categories.

22. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    #1797 welshbairn, Dec 4, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    What they could maybe have done was kept behind some of the Cat1s and FFs for those with fewer caps, but that would have started a riot too. The way Scotland do it is 1 point for a home game and 2 points for an away game. If you live in Glasgow you could pop round to Hampden for a midweek friendly v San Marino, leave at half time and pick up your point. If you live in Inverness like I do it would mean a hotel in Glasgow and a morning off work, or a 7 hour drive. I can't think of a fairer way of doing it though.

23. Pompey in Devon

Portsmouth FC
    England
    Oct 14, 2022
    Very much doubt there was a big demand. Would have been pay on the day and the total attendance of 68,000 was 14,000 below the capacity at the time!

24. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    For federation tickets, how likely is it that they do not rell you beforehand how many of each category would be available and later just decide on the number of applicaitons?

Mainly talking about for counries which are offered through UEFA.

[​IMG]

I see a good chance that they decide depending on the number of applicaitons. For example if there is more cat1 applications, they are almost an automatic winner and then if there is not enough of those they go down in categories. So they basically move the circle I linked depending on how many higher category applicaitons arrive.

welshbairn repped this.
  25. Pompey in Devon

Portsmouth FC
    England
    Oct 14, 2022
    It was simple back then. Turn up on the day and pay face value. I did that for England v Argentina in Mexico 86, also the Argentina v Germany final, England v Germany in 1990 and Italy v England for the 3rd place play off (arrived at Bari station ticketless 20 minutes before the game, dumped my bag in a station locker, caught a taxi, bought a ticket outside the ground for half-price and made it in time for the kick off!)