UEFA - Euro 2024 in Germany * Ticket discussion only *

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Wankdorf 1954, May 10, 2022.

1. Krish Patel

Krish Patel Member

Al Nassr
    Portugal
    Nov 17, 2023
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I know this is not related to Euro 2024 but my host city will be hosting 6 world cup 2026 games. I am super happy right now :)

TyBoogie80 and timelessmelody repped this.
  2. ValenAle.

ValenAle. Member

Port Vale
    Scotland
    May 31, 2021
    The only stadiums that are not hosting at least 6 are those in Mexico.

AlistairSinc repped this.
  3. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    I'm not a mod but there's a thread specific for the 2026 WC - let's keep this thread for Euro ticket discussions

4. yildiz

yildiz New Member

Galatasaray
    Turkey
    Jan 9, 2024
    Why would someone try to sell it on official resale platform with no profit rather than third party market for a profit for high demand games?

5. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Maybe they don't want to chisel other fans?

6. ahalftimereport

May 15, 2015
    Club:
    Hull City AFC
    A mixture of feeling safer doing it via the official platform and having a very basic sense of decency, I'd imagine.

7. Marcus2116

Marcus2116 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Nov 15, 2023
    The way I see it: I’ve done nothing special to get those tickets, I was just luckier than others in two lotteries. So I’ve done nothing to deserve benefitting from inflated prices. I also don’t want to support a system that leads to whoever can spend most money gets to watch a game live. Even UEFA, an organization that’s all about money, has acknowledged this by offering things like Fans First tickets, even though they could probably fill stadiums to many games by selling no ticket for less than €500 or whatever. But stadiums shouldn’t be filled with millionaires but also be affordable to “normal” people. If you sell tickets making profit, you contribute to the former.

8. AlexCr

AlexCr Member

Chelsea
    Romania
    Nov 13, 2023
    Well maybe because it’s easier? And also because you can not expect to find tickets that you want on the platform if you decide to sell your for profit. Personally there is 99% chance that I will sell 2 of my Italy vs Spain tickets on the platform because I have 0 interest to make profit

yildiz repped this.
  9. yildiz

yildiz New Member

Galatasaray
    Turkey
    Jan 9, 2024
    That’s my hope, but I don’t think some people applied for high demand games just because they wanted to attend but to make profit and gouge the prices.

10. Marcus2116

Marcus2116 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Nov 15, 2023
    Exactly, that’s why nobody should give in to buy games at inflated prices! If there was no market for that, people wouldn’t apply for tickets just to make profit.

11. yildiz

yildiz New Member

Galatasaray
    Turkey
    Jan 9, 2024
    I agree with that because that is the thing kills the spirit of the game. These kind of events must be accessible to anyone that wants to attend.

12. yildiz

yildiz New Member

Galatasaray
    Turkey
    Jan 9, 2024
    That’s the reason that keeps me from buying the third party tickets at highly inflated prices. But there is always people with more money so they can buy at those high prices because it’s free market. The thing that upsets me is that they are making money from a product that they put no effort in. I get it if it was your merch or product that you produced or designed, then you have every right to put any price tag on it, but this is just profiteering.

Marcus2116 repped this.
  13. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Given the amount of scammers on social media it will be very difficult to sell a ticket there to people you don't know. Most genuine fans would never tout a ticket so just as easy to put it back on the resale platform.

Sponsors, other national football federations etc will all return tickets that will end up on the portal.

If buying a ticket at least make sure you see the invoice and do a video call with the person.

AlistairSinc, welshbairn and LaParka710 repped this.
  14. thoves

thoves Member

May 5, 2011
    My two cents here is quite easy. I dont do apply for tickets for earning money. I do it for the passion of football. For the opportunity to travel the world both alone and with my son and see the great game we all love.

If I for some reason get tickets to a game which I will not attend, I could either try to swap it for the games I want more, or give it up for resale so others can pick it up at a fair price.

Of course there is touts out there, that do this for a living. But for me the journey is almost as important as the travel them selves. All the waiting, the chitchats, the hopefulness, the highs and the lows with other people just at eager as yourself. Always wanting to share info, good tips and hoping the best for each other. In a kind of cruel world that actually means a lot.

The least thing I could do back, is to give someone else the opportunity to get tickets for a fair price if I shall not have them my self. Karma ❤️

15. MatD434

MatD434 Member

Arsenal
    England
    Dec 11, 2023
    Doing a tweet, fielding enquiries, sorting out money transfer etc is time consuming and people can't be bothered. Would rather whack it on the official platform where their card is just refunded automatically when it sells.

There will be supply...the level of demand is the potentially worrying part.

Glamourboy10 repped this.
  16. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    At a minimum. That being said the golden rule of the WC2022 and priors still apply - paypal business is the way to go.

At least that's what I tell everyone trying to join the EURO WA chat group, all looking desperately for tickets at this stage. Because its not realistic to meet in person for this usually (which would be even better.)

For those unsure what to do:

- If you care about money, you are likely not buying from touts or unofficial resale channels such as WA chat groups.

- If you care about time, you are likely not buying from the portal, unless its a match that is fairly easy to get.

AlistairSinc and LaParka710 repped this.
  17. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    There are loads of scammers out there. Poeple asking for San Marino v Andorra or Earth v Uranus get offered tickets.

A video call at a minimum to make sure they are the person in the profile photo. See the invoice match the name although could be a partner etc.

AlistairSinc repped this.
  18. Marcus2116

Marcus2116 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Nov 15, 2023
    Genuine question: why is PayPal the way to go? I always thought that’s what scammers use. If I transfer to a real bank account at least I know the bank ran their KYC procedures on the person. What am I missing?

19. Ian Forrester

Ian Forrester New Member

Stoke City
    Canada
    Aug 2, 2019
    Paypal gives a guarantee to the buyer if something goes wrong or you are dealing with a scammer. You get your money back. I got scammed when I wired money once so I do use Paypal. The key part here is that PayPal charges a fee for the service/guarantee. You can choose the family and friends option and there would be no fee! However, when you do that you lose the protection. A good sign of a scammer is if they ask you use the friends and family option or they only accept bank transfers. Ive learn't, the hard way, never to wire money.

AlistairSinc and Footballhell10 repped this.
  20. Ian Forrester

Ian Forrester New Member

Stoke City
    Canada
    Aug 2, 2019
    I will be going to Germany this summer and I'm looking to swap a game or two. I'm looking for someone to swap/trade two semi final tickets in Dortmund for two semi final tickets in Munich. I have 4 Cat 3's for Dortmund. Anyone interested let me know? We won't be getting the tickets until May at the earliest but Iike to nail something down earlier. We will be staying in Cologne and Munich for can always meet up. Thanks Ian

sats repped this.
  21. Marcus2116

Marcus2116 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Nov 15, 2023
    Many thanks, that’s very helpful. I didn’t actually know about the guarantee. Makes perfect sense now!!

22. Berks123

Berks123 Member

Galatasaray
    Turkey
    Jan 25, 2024
    In the past (i.e. for Euro 2016 and Euro 2020), was there a defined time and date communicated for the opening of the resale platform ? Or was the opening time random on the day ?

The reason why I ask this is because I’m in Sydney, Australia (big time difference with Europe). I would hate for the resale platform to open while I’m sleeping, and miss out on the bulk of the tickets as a result.

23. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    To add onto this, Venmo also has a business option. However, a lot of scammers try to get you to use the Cash app and Zelle. If they ask for either of them, run away.

Because of this, I get why some people think using Stubhub can be the way to go to buy tickets. I don't see myself doing that because there's not a match that I absolutely have to attend, but think I would feel safer using that after everyone gets tickets.

24. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    For Euro 2020, there was a random announcement in February, but I think that can be ignored as COVID already hit the continent then. I didn't try for Euro 2016, but hopefully someone else knows those dates.

25. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I'd be wary about selling tickets to somebody using Paypal business, what happens if they convince Paypal they never got the tickets? With these prices it could amount to a big chunk of money.