UEFA Cup Milan-Wolfsburg 17/12/08 [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by jpick, Dec 16, 2008.

1. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    coming up tomorrow, live for viewers in america on goltv

a win clinches first in the group, and given we are done pretty much in all domestic competitions, this is the only thing left to hold our hats on.

2. SparkBomba

SparkBomba New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeap, outta all domestic competition before Christmas...so sad given the hype and the goals that the club had at the beginning of the year.

I see a draw or a 3 - 2 win.

But after it took 2 late goals to draw with Pompey...who knows.:confused:

(side note: Dinho is probably crying in his heart with his decision to come to Milan)

3. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I doubt it

a) he didn't come here to win everything this year b) his relationship with barca was broken c) he is playing well...and d) man city (his other suitor), well, they make milan look like world beaters :p

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My Prediction: 2-1 to Milan.
    Wolfsburg is mid-table in the Bundesliga.

5. SparkBomba

SparkBomba New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Toronto
    He didn't come here to win this year???? :confused: I disagree the goal that management pushed was that of winning the double. (scudetto being the most important of the two)

Remaining in Barca wasn't an option, but he's gotta be questioning what it would have been if he had went somewhere other than Milan. i.e Chelsea where he would have been THE man as a opposed to here where Kaka is the man, and he was always gonna be second.

He would have played just as well where ever he went...maybe even better, and would have to take flack from unappreciative fans. (freakin incredible)

Man City - Beat us...and the way were playing could probably do it again...especially if they had Dinho.

6. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I don't see us losing this one, although we will be resting few players for Sunday and we will have some tired legs out there as well.

7. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    that was preseason, man city is fighting relegation and if they would have gotten dinho, they probably wouldn't have bought robinho, so they wouold be just as bad (if not worse) off.

yes, he came here hoping to win this year (but betting odds and most realistic fans and media had us well behind inter), but what I mean and was trying to say is that he signed a 4 year deal, and even he would have admitted that his first season here would be spent getting back into fitness and gelling with teammates, so it is not some end-all, be all for the first season...if that was the case for him, he wouldn't have went to a team in the uefa cup in the first place!

as far as unappreciative fans, the only criticism coming to him is from moggi and fans of italian rivals, I have seen lots of appreciation from rossoneri tifosi (in milan and abroad) and from milan-based message boards (italian and english) and media (like milannews.it), so I don't see what the unappreciative fans you are seeing. I mean, yes, I'm sure some exist no doubt, but I just don't see it in any numbers.

8. SparkBomba

SparkBomba New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Toronto
    They definately would have bought both R80 under the old regime and Robinho under the new one. Those two on the team together would have created more than enough problems for our sub-par defence.

Most papers, pundits, Serie "A" buffs had us and Inter heading to the finish line neck and neck with us winning because we don't have CL to rob us of our focus.

You're right...R80 indeed need time to regain full fitness, so imgaine his surprise when he sees himself outperforming, players that have been on this team for years straight outta the gate. I'd be like WTF:confused: You guys SUCK!!!

He didn't come here for this (to lose first round of the domestic cup & to be a few effectively outta the title race before Christmas)...I'll tell you that!

Milan's current play/performance/under acheivements in recent games...must be disheartening to him.

Oh, i've seen/read many of Milan fans question/critize Ronaldinho's purchase.

9. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ahhh, that's different than being unappreciative, nevermind then

anyways, it doesn't matter for this match

10. SparkBomba

SparkBomba New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Toronto
    True its different and true it doesn't matter for this match.

So let's just get a win this game, and look better average doing it.

11. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do i dare watch this game?

12. idriveavw

idriveavw BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 15, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and yet wolfsburg is top of the group with two points over milan after having played the same amount of games against the same opponents.
    it would be cool to sweep the group, but i'm betting on a tie. 2-2
    may the best team win... or tie... ;)

13. SparkBomba

SparkBomba New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Toronto
    But look who you're playing and who were playing.

Do you really think that Hoffeinmeyer team sitting in first can take on Inter sitting in first?

Or New York Red Bulls who were runner-up for the MLS title can beat Roma who were runners up in the Serie "A"?

Bad comparison my friend.

14. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :cool:

i think pato schools barzagli in this one :p

15. idriveavw

idriveavw BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 15, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i believe you misread my post. read it again.
    in Group E of the UEFA Cup, Wolfsburg has 9 pts, Milan has 7. we have both played the same 3 opponents, yet wolfsburg have 2 more points and a better goal differential, if i'm not mistaken. this has nothing to do with league play. there was no comparison made.

milan need a win over wolfsburg to win the group, wolfsburg only need a tie.

16. cubby03

cubby03 New Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It would be nice if for once they came out and dominated a match against an inferior team. Considering some of their poor UEFA Cup performances, that might not happen.

17. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  18. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    15' sums up pirlo's season, great inch-perfect ball to sheva...right after he lost the ball in a completely asinine way, feast or famine right now from him

seedorf caught wolfsburg napping and wide open header by ambro, 1-0 milan

for the most part, playing well other than a couple of wtf moments...

18' another good play launched from a terrific pass by pirlo, seedorf finds janks out wide, good ball into inzaghi, but he was a yard offside

19. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Nice header from Ambro and I actually think Sheva is doing Ok.

20. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    WTF is up with Senderos again - what a useless signing he has been for us.

21. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So true Pirlo's had a number of awesome passes but is losing it so easily.

22. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, he has turned into guti these last 8 months, lol

23. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004