UEFA Cup First Round - U.S. Citta Di Palermo vs Anorthosis Famagusta FC [R]

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by AmericanRosanero, Sep 13, 2005.

1. AmericanRosanero

AmericanRosanero New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    AND WHO ELSE BUT EUGENIO CORINI!!!

goooooooooooooooooooooal!!!!

1-0!!!

2. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CORINI!!!! SWEET!!

I tried to get on, but it's full. I was gonna keep trying, but I'll let the rest of you enjoy the quality and I'll watch a replay as well. So I'm signing off now, FORZA PALERMO!

3. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Brienza also socred on a pen!

2-0 at HT!!!

4. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    and the second half is under way!

5. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    well, they got on in the 76th, but we still won our first game ever!

6. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great first half. Not the best second half. We gave Anorthosis confidence that they shouldn't have had. Their player/manager Ketsbaia had an absolutely scary shot, and came really close to scoring a few more. I wish we didn't allow that goal in, we're going to have to bring a better game to Cypruss and get some goals.

Thank you SueB for the link to RAI Sport. I listened to the first half on RTL (www.rtl.it), an Italian music station, where they had reporters at the Palermo and Roma games giving updates. Then the DJ would jokingly chat with the serious commentators, it was somewhat funny, like he was trying to get the guy in Palermo to say "Forza Palermo" etc. Then I brought my zio over and watched the replay at 6. He used to attend all the Palermo games back in the 50's, the last one he went to ironically Palermo beat Inter.

7. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Palermo 2-1 Anorthosis

Not the greatest result with away goals meaning alot in Europe but that said it's a win...

I still feel with Palermo's quality they should have been doing better than just a 2-1 win but its early days and hopefully the trip to Cyprus will prove a good one!