UEFA Cup Draw Results - We going to London!!!

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by AmericanRosanero, Aug 25, 2006.

1. AmericanRosanero

AmericanRosanero New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Palermo. West Ham United.

September 14 - Upton Park
    September 28 - Stadio Barbera

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

2. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to get a cheap flight to London and go... FORZA PALERMO!!

3. ForzaItalia117

ForzaItalia117 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    West Ham, eh? My friend's cousin plays for West Ham. I saw one of their games this week, and theyre ok, but they did tie a newly promoted team. I definitely think Palermo can take them.

4. Bianconeri29

Bianconeri29 New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    California
    I think this would be the most exciting game of all of them.
    Go Palermo...

5. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Isn't it a rough year ahead?

My two favourite teams that are involved in the UEFA Cup meeting so early on, with only one being able to advance!

Palermo probably just shades it for me because of the young Italians who i love to watch (Barzagli and Caracciolo) even though West ham United are my favourite club in England!

It should be noted as someone who regularly follows the Hammers, the team is youthful and talented. They play an umtempo game and when on song can make the game look very easy! They will be NO PUSHOVERS!

6. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I watched them play at Liverpool last week. Looks like a tough entertaining team. It's not the ideal draw at all, but we'd hopefully be in good shape if we can get past them, and it will be quite a series.

7. ForzaItalia117

Aug 1, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    They do have some big playmakers and are a physical team (lee bowyer is onw of their big signings and they do have a defenseman that played on england's WC team...forgot his name - the guy w/ the long hair). I must have caught their game when they had an off game because they squandered some big chances. They will play fast and will get easy breakaways if Palermo's not careful.

8. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano just made this difficult tie seem now even harder! That's gotta open some eyes right?

9. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ForzaItalia117: Probably Anton Ferdinand, Rio Ferdinand's (England CD) brother, who has been tipped for future England success.

Tevez and Mascherano has made this tie alot more interesting tbh :eek:

10. AmericanRosanero

AmericanRosanero New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    interesting?

more like frightning...

11. tim10

tim10 Member

May 23, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

They've just signed Tevez, so I think they may definetly give you a run for your money.

12. Xyrus

Xyrus New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    New Jersey, USA
    I fear for Palermo. I will be rooting for them but with Tevez and Mascherano I don't know what to expect. They both had a pretty bad game today against Brasil so you lads hopefully may not get the worst of it. Should be a great matchup though.

13. jam tarts

jam tarts New Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Hi guys ,i'm tuning in to this thread because im coming over to your beautiful island in the week you play west ham. they certainly did pull of a shock over here in the uk by signing the two argentines,but west ham really have not had much euro experience in the last few years .I myself am scottish and follow Heart Of Midlothian, on the night we play Sparta Prague,my wife and i will be in sicily and would want to go to the match(supporting palermo obviously) since i cant make prague,and dislike the english anyway,can anyone tell me how to get tickets with the palermo fans?

14. ForzaItalia117

Aug 1, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Does anyone know what UEFA cup games will be televised and on what channel?

15. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have fun in Sicily, it's beautiful and I always wish I'm there when I'm not! Nearly all league matches in Palermo are filled to capacity, but you should be able to get a ticket for an early midweek UEFA cup match without any problems, at least judging from last season. I'm in the USA though, not sure how well it's selling.

16. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes they show them on Telemundo delayed on the weekends. I'm not sure if there's any way to see it live, unfortunately, except online.