UEFA Cup 2005/06

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Nelso, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
  2. Forza AZ

Forza AZ New Member

Jun 26, 2003
    Alkmaar
    The division into geografical zones is also not new. They also did that last season.
    And it is only done for the 1st and 2nd qualifying round. So from round 1 (15/29 september) teams can just draw a team from all over Europe again.

3. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    We are always learning... Thank you for informing me of that... Anyway, what do you all think about the Group stage?

4. Forza AZ

Forza AZ New Member

Jun 26, 2003
    Alkmaar
    I think it's good for the medium-strenght teams. They can have more European football experience by playing a few extra matches.

However the system (only playing everybody else once) is not the right one I think, because who you play at home and who away can influence the final standings I think. Better would be groups of 4 with 6 matches for everybody like in the CL.

5. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    I agree. It's great that not so good teams have a chance to play through the whole autumn, but this "play with everyone once" system should be changed.

6. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I think they souldn´t allow the 3rd placed teams from the CL groups to enter the competition its unfair, despite most of times those teams coming from the nations outside the big 5.

7. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    Yep, but when they come from there, Uefa says:
    SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!! :cool: