UEFA CL /// Next season's group stage as it stands///

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 1, 2016.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seconded.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would be nice.

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Borussia Monchengladbach 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen
    [​IMG]Borussia Monchengladbach 2
    [​IMG]Bayer Leverkusen 1

FT
    Game Details
    Borussia Monchengladbach all but mathematically joined Bayer Leverkusen in qualifying for the Champions League next season after coming from behind to beat their local rivals 2-1 at home.

Charles Aranguiz put the visitors in front with his first goal in German football, but two goals from Andre Hahn earned Gladbach all three points.

That puts them three points ahead of Mainz, Hertha Berlin and Schalke, with their far superior goal difference meaning they can already start celebrating a second straight season in European football's elite club competition.

Javier Hernandez nudged the ball through for Aranguiz to open his account in German football, slotting his shot coolly past Yann Sommer as the Borussia Park Stadion fell silent.

With Berlin at that time winning their game against Darmstadt, it complicated Gladbach's hopes of playing Champions League football next season.

They were revived by Hahn, who was on hand to place a loose ball in from close range after Bernd Leno had only parried Ibrahima Traore's powerful, angled effort.

Hahn's seventh goal of the season then took Gladbach into seventh heaven, when he drilled the ball through a host of players packed inside the Leverkusen area and into the far corner of Leno's goal.

It put the Foals back above Hertha into fourth place and to within touching distance of a place in the Champions League next season, with only a point needed to be totally sure, even if their superior goal difference means they can already plan for a play-off at the end of August.

5. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So we're looking at Arsenal/ManCity, Porto, Shakhtar, Villareal, and PSV/Ajax, as your potential opponents in the playoff. None of those would be too tall a task if you have a good summer window and aren't crippled by injuries to start the season again.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Imagine meeting Pep once again...am sure he wouldn't like it much eh????
    That would be EPIC to say the least...even tho my personal peak would be Arsenal:thumbsup:

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd like to see some more vengeance on Villareal; but bouncing Wenger after he cheaps out of bringing Xhaka to London would be cool by me to. ;)

8. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand he wants to go........but at 23m euros? Not that cheap, sorry Arsenic.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope Eberl understands the guy is way worth above that!

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

All about the release clause. They are perfectly justified refusing the move if Arse dickers all summer.

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you remember last time Effe and Co lined up against Mr.Arrrrrrse ????
    Guess it was 98 or so?? We beat them fair and square 3-0 at Bokelberg and another 3 goals where stuffed down their throat in UK:thumbsup::speechless::speechless::thumbsup:

13. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not like them, Sam I am. I will not eat that Wenger spam.............

Rosebud repped this.
  14. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #14 Bananenflanke, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    is Eberl totally stupid?
    is Arsenal? (... offering a sum below the release clause)
    my best bet: huge parts of the press are stupid (or more likely they don't care about the 'truth' as long as they have a 'story')
    anyway: according to Eberl and Xhaka no bids at all until now

qualifiers:
    first round of 10 teams, at the moment three (Shakthar Donezk,PSV Eindhoven,RSC Anderlecht) of them with a higher UEFA-coefficient than Borussia
    second round with Borussia, at the moment one of the other seated teams with a lower UEFA-coefficient
    which means: we stay seated for the draw and more likely get a 'weaker' opponent (at the moment:Fenerbahce, Sparta Prag, Steaua Bukarest, AS Monaco, Young Boys Bern, Panathinaikos Athen, FK Rostow) if only one of the three mentioned above proceed to the second round of the qualifiers
    http://www.seitenwahl.de/index.php/2013-03-28-23-36-18/michael-heinen/6435-moegliche-play-off-gegner

no further comments about yesterday, I'm still flashed!!!

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I'm looking for a video of the away match! that was a match of totally stunning attitude and self-confidence!
    but that was the time when Arsenal was nothing more than a 'normal' soccer club...

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Brits specially from Arsssenal are never a normal club at least in their own delusional minds ... too much potato does that to your cerebrum :whistling::unsure::ROFLMAO:

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That squad was STELLAR to say the least add effe as your midfield marshal and confidence and Swager is the only product you will receive on the other end.Bernd Krauss was also our coach ... We used to wear those Rebook kits back the :ninja::):alien:

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fuark no Turkish Armada's please please please ...coefficient my aRss...with turkish team's that is one flawed scale to assess their strength and performance:confused::mad:

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Chancel Mbemba who visited Borussia last summer but chose for Newcastle (and spoke friendly of Borussia after that) did well up there in the north
    at least on the one one hand: regular starter (only out for an injury)
    on the other hand: no CL-quali for him, Newcastle got relegated

it's Rio (those beaches, those girls!) or CL-quali for Mo and Andreas
    apparently Borussia made the decision for them, so no girls and no beaches :-(
    plain and simple: too much at stake for the club

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They can both take a quick short flight to Ibiza to take care of their itch...much better quality in Spain than Rio...plus they wouldn't get mugged in broad daylight at gunpoint :D:confused::whistling:

23. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Isn't a quick trip to Ibiza usually what leads to unexpected itching?

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #24 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
    AWWWWWWWWEEEEEE u didn't....well i once got into those details...and lets say Ken fired me a warning!
    As long as Antibiotics can cure it ...id say go for it:ROFLMAO::thumbsdown::devilish::alien::alien::alien:

Am grateful for my memories back in the day...when the world was a much better place...no need to even worry about the itching and whatnot

Man this is nostalgic for me at the moment..my memories of Oakenfold and the rise of Tiesto's & his breakthrough years ...Late 90's brother...24-48 hour marathon's dancing to away to sunrises and sunsets....i wish there was a way i could delete it all from my heard driveo_O:rolleyes::confused::whistling:

Its a deadly combo to say the least...those elements next to eachother ...quality trance...itch free exercise...better stop:thumbsdown::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::devilish:

25. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol Tiesto & Oakenfold, you just made me feel so old despite being only 27. I started looking the way I do now at 13...last growth spurt was around when I turned 14 & I had started growing facial hair during the previous winter...and so could go out with my cousin & older friends during my summers in Berlin during the early Oughts. So I missed the rise of it, but the height of those guys (and Paul van Dyk) was when I started listening to modern music. I'm feeling all the nostalgia right now...even if I can't stand trance anymore lol.

And I hear ya, I know how lucky I am to have never caught anything during my slutty days as an 18-20 year old who made way too much money at the lab I worked at, & lived in way too nice of an apartment...but I couldn't see a post with the words Ibiza & itch without making the obvious crass joke. :D