UEFA CL, M3 :: FC Barcelona v Rubin Kazan :: 20 Ocotber 09 :: Pre/During/Post Match Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Oct 17, 2009.

1. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    UEFA Champions League - Matchday 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fulltime

FC Barcelona 1-2 Rubin Kazan
    0-1 : Ryazantsev 2'
    1-1 : Ibrahimovic 48'
    1-2 : Gokdeniz Karadeniz 73'

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Re: UEFA CL, M3 :: FC Barcelona v Rubin Kazan :: 20 Ocotber 09 :: Pre/During/Post Match Discussion [

its one of those games where you just wonder wtf happened

3. Vaffanculé!

Vaffanculé! New Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Location Location
    Re: UEFA CL, M3 :: FC Barcelona v Rubin Kazan :: 20 Ocotber 09 :: Pre/During/Post Match Discussion [

[​IMG]

4. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Rubin Kazan... 3 shots on goal, 3 on target, 2 hitting the back of the net.

5. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América

i blame the roatiations for this ...i know we gotta based of our schedule

but some players looked mega rusty...

6. Football Expert

Dec 31, 2004
    west indies

as i said, there r going to b games like this. we migght feel worst because the loss came to lowly ruben but really, they r no easy matches in europe...it does make qualification i little trickier tho

7. El Guero Sin Fe

Sep 27, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

I thought we looked generally a lot better today than in our 2 previous games. Just lacked that little cutting edge in front of goal. If Ibra had been sharper, we would have won.

The need for an "Impact sub" has never been greater...

8. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

oh well, sometimes it's good to lose so we stay humble and respest other teams!

9. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yup. This is the champs of Russia, and that fed is only getting stronger and better.

10. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

could be what the players need

they looked desperate towards the end

and considering the amount of ball they had, they should not have been in that position

maybe it will be kick them into action

11. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

This focus on possession in spainish football is every time funny.

12. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

This is unacceptable.

13. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Match #13

UEFA Champions League - Group Stage, Matchday 3
    Barcelona - Camp Nou

FC Barcelona 1-2 FK Rubin Kazan
    0-1 : Ryazantsev 2'
    1-1 : Ibrahimovic 48'
    1-2 : Gokdeniz Karadeniz 73'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Valdés
    Alves -- Piqué -- Márquez -- Abidal
    Touré
    Xavi -- Iniesta
    Messi -- Ibrahimovic -- Pedro

66' Bojan for Pedro
    80' Keita for Márquez
    84' Busquets for Alves

Referee: Laurent Duhamel (France)
    BOOKINGS
    45' Iniesta (foul on Ansaldi) 1st of the tournament
    78' Murawski (foul on Iniesta)
    87' Alves (foul on Kasaev) 1st
    88' Asaldi (foul on Bojan)

14. El Guero Sin Fe

Sep 27, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Well, if you don't have the ball, you're not going to score.

Thanks for your insight though. And its SPANISH.

15. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

oof. Hope these guys can recover from this loss and make it back stronger than ever.

16. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Well, it was just one of those nights. The !#%&" ball just wouldn't go in. The amount of possession and the chances we got, 9 times out of 10 we would've won this game.

The russians were extremely lucky, scoring on every chance they got. Their first goal was a freak shot, unstoppable. The second one, 100% Rafa's fault.

Now we have to go win 2 matches in frozen fields.

17. EcuaAlexa

EcuaAlexa Member

Aug 8, 2007

I worry that the team looks a little disjointed. Messi is not 100%. He still seems really tired.

When is Henry supposed to come back? He hasn't scored a goal yet, all year, has he?

Supersub is right on. We need one. I'm actually starting to hope that the Robinho rumors are actually true.

18. Cormhag

Cormhag New Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Ireland

I think we all (myself included) need to calm down a bit and not get carried away. What is the actual situation, then? Well, I see it like this: We should've won, but we didn't. Messi is on one of his occasional dips in form, he still created plenty of chances but was not super human. He'll doubtless be back to his old self. We do miss Henry, even though I think that Pedro is getting better. Rafa is past it. We need to shape up.

These are all things that can be remedied and most likely will be. In Pep we trust. We'll have to be out of the CL and 10 points behind Madrid before I lose faith in this team. We needed this to light a fire under our asses. I fully expect an explosion in the next month. Patience. We're league and group leaders;)

19. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The shit is so shocking, it's actually the front story on ESPN Soccernet and not Liverpool losing to Lyon.

But like Cormhag, I'm not too off put by it. Shit happens.

REST MESSI! BUY ROBINHO!! SHIP OUT RAFA!!!

ok...

I'm better now. :)

20. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

I have to admit, the "ship out rafa" part does sound tempting right now.

21. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He's not going anywhere. His contract is up in the summer, and he's said something to the effect that he wants to go back to Mexico and play for Atlas again, maybe even buy them.

22. PhiloBarca

PhiloBarca Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

With the exception of Rafa's mistake on the second goal and a couple of chances I thought Ibra could have done better with (though, to be fair, the goal he did score was pretty difficult), I don't think we played badly at all.

23. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

We lost, no big deal, it was going to happen at some point, Rafa is always going to make mistakes. The group stage of the CL are usually pretty boring so at least this does add some spark to the group.

24. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Agreed with the last two posts. Barca dominated the match and hit the post 3 times. It was just unlucky, and of course had Marquez not been there maybe the other team doesn't score.

Credit to Kazan, they defended well and finished the 2 chances they had all match but let's be realistic, Barca were just unlucky.

25. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

I would rather have Yaya at the back than Rafa, you just know he is going to do something that costs a goal at some point