UEFA CL Live Commentary is back

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by kevruth, Sep 30, 2003.

1. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    UEFA Action Pass is finally online. And this thing is better then I could have imagined. Live audio of three matches each matchday.

The big news is that the day after the match you can watch ALL of the matches that have taken place. And I mean ALL. That's any match. The video runs at 300K and is awesome. No commentary but you get all of the sounds from the stadiums plus the video graphics.

It is also showing an annual subscription price of €39.95, however my RealOne account is showing being billed €4.95 monthly. No mention if Euro Super Pass is still a part of it. Based on the UK page UEFA is no longer listed as an option.

Here's the link with the info: http://www.uefa.com/video/landingpage.html

2. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks good. And the best news is that my subscription went through. It says that the full match reruns will be avaulable after 0:00 CET on the same matchday. Which could be good for me cause I work the night shift and will be able to come home and watch any match I want.

3. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    Actually, the reruns won't be available until the next morning (swiss time). The video highlights are available at 0:00CET. But we still can't beat it for the price. All of those match reruns whenever we want to watch them. Yahoo Platinum for MLS costs a third more and you only get up to four matches per week. I think Action Pass is a great deal.

4. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Yes but they don't have English for each match. I can get by in French but German, Spanish, and Italian are a no go for me then.

5. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    Today's live audio commentaries were offered as three in English and one each in German, Spanish, French and Italian. In the past, UEFA never offered all of the matches. Only a select few. In the past they only offered four matches each match day.

The match reruns do not have commentary. They only have the sounds from the stadiums and the video graphics. I found this out today when I watched a bit of last week's Dynamo Kiev/Lokomotiv Moscow match. And the picture and sound quality was great for a 300k stream.

6. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i signed up to this, live commentary is cool, but video sux, its just clips, pictures, not real video, kind of a let down but then its $ 40 / year

7. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That might just be for last weeks games since there was no audio commentary at all. There might be audio on the reruns for matchday 2 games.

8. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    Not real video? Did you check the rerun tab? If you want to watch it full screen just hit ctrl+3 and you'll get a big tv picture.

9. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    It's 8:15 PM Eastern and the reruns of today's matches are already up. You can see Inter Vs Dynamo Kiev before it even appears on ESPN2 tonight. Unbelievable.

10. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    Had it last year. Got it again today. Thanks for the news.

11. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Does anyone else have problems with real player 1? I've installed it a bunch of times from different sources for a couple o months now, but it crashes every stinking time I use it. No other programs on my cpu ever crash.

Anyways, i'm glad we can finally get to see some games not shown on ESPN. Too bad i'm not gonna pay the service unless they allow users to use windows media player or I figure out what the problem is.

12. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Awesome. I'm probably gonna sign up once we get to the knockout stages (cuz I think I can pretty much can predict how the groups will go).

13. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were up at 6:45pm tonight. To anyone that hasn't already signed up I suggest you do. In addition to every match in this years CL you get every goal scored in the CL since 1992. Watching Van Basten again was a treat. They also will have Euro 2004 games this summer. This $40 is well worth it. I'm thinking about staying away from the computer tomorrow until later at night so I can watch the Milan game without knowing the score. The only problem is they list the score in the screen next to the video so I'm going to have to try not and look at it.

14. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    I didn't realize this includes Euro 2004 as well. Wow, I think UEFA has done right with the internet. Now if we can only get the other leagues to go this route.

15. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    I broke down and bought it today. It rules. The only problem I have is lack of a time and score on the replays (except for when they score or at the half). I don't mind a lack of commentary, but I can't stand it when I'm watching a match and don't know the time or score.

16. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Where do you sign up for this?

17. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    Go to www. uefa.com and click on Action Pass. You can sign up from there. My advice is to sign up for the annual subscription as it takes 1/3 off the monthly rate.