UEFA Champions League Draw

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Kenntak

Kenntak New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Florida
    I would love for them to beat Man U, but the main priority is getting through the group stages--don't forget the other teams in the group.

2. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I believe that united will beat Roma at OT but may struggle in the away leg as our away form is not great.

Our undoing last year was playing teams that sit back and obviously the way Roma play they may just play into united's hands.

Roma play Kiev in Kiev in November while United in October so you better get used to the cold in Kiev and Manchester.

Very amusing to see Roma fans getting so worked up by the idea of revenge. United just want to beat you on the pitch rather than on the sidelines as some Roma fans want.

We have bought the tough tackling defensive midfielder we needed in Owen Hargreaves and have added some talented youngsters like Nani, Anderson and not to mention Carlos Tevez so do not think United are pushovers.

I hope Roma have learnt to defend during the summer:D

3. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :rolleyes:someone getting over excited??

It is also a stronger united team.

Remember these lads...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You gotta be kidding me right? When you lose 7-1 and the whole world is watching you have no shot. This was not about Serie A but Europe and there is no doubt who the best player was in Europe last year when you lead the CL in goals and your team to the title.

5. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The same Totti who might as well have been drinking a cappucino and sitting in a deck chair for the good he did for Roma at OT?:)

6. Via Vetulonia

Via Vetulonia New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Roma
    Interesting that he basically plays the same position as Seedorf. I know Kaka' plays a bit more forward, but Milan did use a Christmas tree and Kaka' and Seedorf were the "2s".

7. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off, there was violence involving man U in every second round fixture Lille, Roma, and Milan, though much less at Milan. I just love how everyone points the finger at Roma and turns a blind eye to Man U. Don't tell us our fans are violent.

Second, we played Man U off the pitch in the game that was more indicative of the two teams' abilities. Not excusing our team for not showing up in manchester, but we could have easily won 3 or 4-1 at the olimpico. Man U doesn't play better against teams that press, they lost both games to arsenal last season (the best pressure team in england) and got your doors blown off by milan who plays to the other team's weakness and Milan pressed that whole game. Well......at least until Gilardino put the game on ice.

8. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I'm looking forward to another shot at Man Utd as well. We truly stunk in the return leg last year and we need to show the footballing world that that game was a blip.

Totti is a great player--my favorite player. But Kaka truly was the best player in Europe last year. Remember that cheating Milan started with a deduction and still finished in the top 4 and they won the CL. Kaka was amazing. I am not a fan of cheating Milan but I do think Kaka deserved the award. Take care.

9. LupoAS

LupoAS New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Texas
    There is no way we are going to get ridiculed by Man-U again. Especially with the squad and talent we have and the increased chemistry, seen by our stylish play. Roma isnt some team you can ever under estimate, but i could care less if Man-U does cause we wouldjust hand them a beating. If anyone should be worried, id be Man-U...last time I checked, we are better than Manchester City, and they outplayed Man-U by a mileee, or as they would say in England, by meetteerrrrs.

Roma is a strong team, and there will be no cake walks against them.:eek:

10. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Should be great ... I cant wait till it starts !!:D

11. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    One other point I forgot to make in my earlier post. Not only do we have an opportunity to exorcize the ghosts of last year's humiliation, but we also have a chance to make right our experiences against Kyiv a few years back when some jerk thought it was his right to throw a metal object at the ref and force us to play behind closed doors. We have the kind of squad that can go to the CL final *and* compete for the scudetto, but Roma's fans also have an opportunity to show the footballing world that they aren't just a bunch of mindless morons. Take care.

12. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Looking for the group to get started, but I'm really, really looking forward to the Man Utd. matches! I know Roma can do a lot better...

13. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma will not suffer the same defeat as the 7-1 thrashing in England last year. Totti, Daniele and Simone will not let that happen. Roma will defeat MNU...that i am sure of.

14. bzygo

bzygo New Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Alief (Houston), Tx
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you have nothing better to do with your time then to be a troll?

15. ForzaGiallorossi

Oct 20, 2005
    PA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I want to know was why was arsenal seeded but not Roma? Arsenal had to qualify for the CL, they didn't make it as far as Roma did last CL, and Roma placed 2nd in serie A last year. Oh well...I'd like to see us make a run for 1st in this group.

16. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    seeding goes by a formula that takes into account successes over the last 5 years in the cl, not just last year.

17. ForzaGiallorossi

Oct 20, 2005
    PA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ah I see...thanks

18. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hmm.... why?

19. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/trank2007.html

the theory being that the best teams will show it over a 5-year period. obviously when there is huge turnover like with porto, you get teams that a year or two after surprise successes are in a much higher pot, and then you get teams like roma, that build up seemingly rapidly, so you guys were very nearly pot 3 still, but other than the odd examples like that, it makes it to where there is not a group where there are 4 giants and then a group with 4 minnows, etc.

20. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah that makes sense... thanks for the exp.