UEFA Champions League 2010/2011 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by la fresa, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  2. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well, he states that Pep's win a couple of years ago was scandalous because of what happened at Chelsea. Well, the refereeing may have been scandalous but Pep isn't the referee. He is saying the same thing about this year. Again, Pep is not the referee. Bitch move by Mourinho IMO.

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I have to agree with him....... Barza gets way too many calls in their favor

4. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

That is fine....but why shit on Pep? If he wants to shit on the referee, fine. If he wants to shit on UEFA, fine. Pep is neither the referee nor in charge of UEFA.

5. StrawberrySweetz

Sandwhich
    May 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jose Mourihno is the mother********ing man, if he somehow pulls it off in the return leg im gonna be so pumped.

6. StrawberrySweetz

Sandwhich
    May 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    *quotes ibra*

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Pep is no saint...and Pep did throw the first stone (assuming I read all the reports in chronological order)

8. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ah.....I must have missed Pep's statements.

9. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    thats senior josep guardiola to you. :D

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    there were things said before the game...

As a coach, Pep just rubs me the wrong way.... he will be the coach that will be considered a great without doing anything great

Don't get me wrong, there is merit to what he has done. If he was truly a bullshit artist, he would have crashed a-la-lavolpe at Boca, when Basile gave him a fine tuned machine.

But this Barza is many years in the making. While different players have come Ronaldihno, Etoo, Larrson, Henry, Deco, Ibra, Saviola, Marquez, etc, the style has remained almost the same with a few tweaks here and there (exploiting different player's strengths)

Mou atleast is speaking the truth that what he has won, he was won based off sweat, hardwork....

11. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    actually mourinho spouted off at the mouth and got pep all riled who responded.

now mourinho is all butt hurt and pep is being given his ticket to the final by the ref.

12. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

lol. what does he say?

13. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I dunno, but this time next year it will be f0000k off!

14. slkdave

slkdave Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    San Diego
    It's hard to tell from the gif but live I thought he said "no mames".

15. El Cinquillo

El Cinquillo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 5, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think he says no mames when he stands up

16. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Actually, I thought he said this as well.

17. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

the first thing he says, when he strikes the ground, seems to be a single syllable. :confused::confused:

18. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

When he gets up. It's hard to tell in that gif. I immediately thought he said no mames when watching on t.v.

19. slkdave

slkdave Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    San Diego

Faccckkkkk!!!

20. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  21. StrawberrySweetz

Sandwhich
    May 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ROFL. Thats beautiful.

22. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    well, the team he got was relatively fine tuned , at one point, but not exactly when he got it.

pep received a team that had finished third with 64 points and scored 69 goals, and were semi-finalists in teh champions, and got them to win the league with 87 points, score 105 goals, and also win the champions in his first season.

a 23 point and 36 goal improvement are pretty good if you ask me

as far as players coming and going though, about half of the ones you listed were non factors and replaced pretty easily, and i'm not exactly sure why you mentioned them.

the ones that were factors were replaced surprisingly well - marrquez, eto'o, deco, and ronaldinho, which would add to the job pep has done.

one of the first things rijkaard did when he got to barca was cut the dead weight and bring in new players, which pep also did extremely well (i mention this mainly because it doesn't always go as planned - think inter pre-calciopoli scandal, real madrid, chelsea when abramovich decided he wanted more say, etc...)

edmilson, giovani, deco and ronaldinho were sold when pep showed up - ronaldinho , deco, and edmilson were fading, but credit should be given for letting players go at the right time, or when they are not working (this would also apply to players that have been brought in during his tenure and have left, like hleb, zlatan, chigrinskiy, ).

pique , keita, and dani alves were brought in, with all three still being big contributors on teh team.

his first season he finished with 87 points, his second with 99, and this season he has 88 with 5 games to go.

that's not great?

how many coaches have had their teams improve continuously like that?

also, what sweat and hard work has mourinho done lately that pep hasn't?

he's done the exact same thing as pep - he got a chelsea team that finished second, got rid of ranieri's players, brought his, and won two titles.

he got an inter team that won three (technically) titles in a row, and won two more.

mourinho is a hell of a coach, no doubt... but you seem to be knocking pep for doing the exact same thing mourinho's been doing since leaving porto

somehow, pep has done nothing great, while mourinho's working hard?

i understand people are tired of the barca nutriding (i am too) , but credit should be given where it's due, and i feel you're selling pep short.

metalmaster and zenden repped this.
  23. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Member+

Aug 29, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Here's to a 1,000,000,000 - 0 in favor of Madrid tomorrow :D