Udinese v Juve - 10/2/07 [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by dor02, Feb 10, 2008.

1. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We have a tough game against Udinese, another team who is playing for a spot in the CL. Buffon and Trez are likely to come back for this match but if not, our defence is pretty much screwed.

2. johnny40

johnny40 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
  3. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  4. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  5. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  6. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How about Iaquinta scoring only a few seconds after he came on?
    my best translation......
    [​IMG]
    La Juve vince in rimonta
    Stenta, poi ingrana Iaquinta
    La squadra di Ranieri batte 2-1 l'Udinese. Primo tempo eccellente dei friulani, che passano con Dossena. Ripresa di grande carattere di Del Piero e compagni, che segnano con Camoranesi e poi con l'ex di turno, entrato al posto di Trezeguet

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Udinese/Primo_Piano/2008/02_Febbraio/10/udi-juv.shtml

IAQUINTA - Ranieri guesses on the substitution. Trezeguet comes out and in comes Iaquinta who scores right away, with an assist from Nedved. The match becomes absorbing. Now the spaces becmome grasslands. Juve wants to close out the match, Udinese can't play up to their standards for a big 1st half. Another big save by Buffon on the left of Inler outside the box. Udinese with their heads low tries with a chance at the end. But Juve stands frim and wins. A place in the Champions League is closer.

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can't believe that it was just the former Udinese striker Iaquinta to score the important winner! ;)

Didn't see the game ... but the result is pleasing me, of course! :) This was a really big point against a direct opponent, especially after Fiorentina's last-minute points-dropping!

Somehow, this team is very inconsistent this season ... so we'll probably need more patience with the guys. 6 points lead to Fiorentina now - that's really ok, I think ... so the harsh criticism after the Cagliari match should be forgotten! ;)

Buona notte.

PS: What a relief to see Gigi finally back!

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is anyone else counting the days until Ranieri is gone??

Juve wastes millions on Ranieri's goldenboy Sissoko and the guy can't even start or get at least some major minutes in??

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He just got there last week. Why would this be Ranieri's fault? If anything I think Ranieri is doing real well!

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because somone got there last week doesn't mean he can't start or play major minutes. Especially with the way the midfield was playing.

Ranieri has made some very odd choices this season, coupled with the rumors of discontent with a number of players of how he's handled things I'd say he's not high on everyone's christmas card list.

13. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Agreed. And the Lippi rumors keep getting louder....

14. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    Nice for Iaquinta to get the winner. Only saw the highlights cause they showed Samp-Napoli this week instead.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What are they supposed to do? Everyone knows Inter will win the league and so what else is left???? Qualifying for next years CL......Maybe you are right about Lippi but I do not fault Ranieri. I mean I think he is doing a heck of a job with what is I believe a makeshift team who is only a few months removed from the Serie B and who is in 3rd place with no defense and an injured GK. Nedved, Del Piero are a lot older and Cannavaro, Thuram, Zambrotta and Ibra are all gone. I think there are only 50% of their scudetto winners left and I think they are doing a pretty darn good job to be where they are!

16. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've only seen the goals but with a strong defence, I don't think Udinese would have lead. Great work by Nedved for the second goal but even Iaquinta made a good run to receive the ball. If only his judgement could be better when he plays for Italy.

As for Ranieri, he just needs to hope his attacking weapons, especially Camo and ADP stay fit. He has far too many defensive-minded players in midfield and the defence is piss weak. All he can do with the injuries is create a dour, workhorse-like side. With more attacking players staying fit, he has to eventually build a side that was as good as the one that started the season.

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Iaquinta's trouble is mostly from not playing constantly. For Italy he is pretty much Toni's understudy and plays in mop up action and isn't really a featured starter. I'm wondering what he would do if he were made a full time starter for both club and country. As a sub he already has scored 11 goals in the league and in the cups and you can see he has talent as he scored only 18 seconds after coming on against Udinese.

18. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe there's something about playing for Juve that makes him fire once he's off the bench. At the moment, he hasn't made that impact for the Azzurri but maybe that will turn around once the Euro comes.

19. RichieZ16

RichieZ16 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Denver
    I like Iaquinta right where he is as a super sub. He won't play for the national team in the Euro, to many players passed him by. If he wants more playing time he should not have come to Juve, i mean, he's no Trez or Alex but he is good.

20. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gila and Lucarelli (he just returned from Ukraine) haven't been too great and I'm not sure if Donadoni will go for Borriello yet. I still think Iaquinta will have a chance of making the squad but he'll be bit-player more than anything.