PBP: UCL - Manchester United FC vs FC Barcelona - Apr 10, 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Apr 4, 2019.

1. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
  2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    You’re so adamant Barca players dive yet admit to your players physically bullying them !!

Remember this little gem of yours ?

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I’ll leave you in peace bud ~ as you clearly can’t take the heat :)

Bye ..

4. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Incessant whining = heat?

Lol oh ok

5. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Seriously, don't be thick in public. I'm not insulting you. I'm trying to help you.

6. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    stop bringing up this shit if you are not going to put it in context logically. i listened to the press conference. nowhere did he say i injured cr7 and mbappe and i am going to intentionally injure messi. all he is saying is our team tangled with two great players and came out on top so let's not think that the same cannot be applied to messi and barca

what was wrong with @MizzouMUFC post? intimidating physically does not mean that he sanctioned dirty foul play?

MizzouMUFC repped this.
  7. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    weren't all his previous posts about Zlatan enough of a warning?

lol you guys have fallen hook like and sinker several times here

jnielsen and benni... repped this.
  8. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He's not a troll he's just dim.

And it wouldn't be a problem if a certain mod would lay down the law once in a while or hand over power to those that will.

9. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    some late thoughts on the game.

we didnt look terrible. i expected more of a whipping.

the score and tone of the game was just as much barca being measured as we being okay in our preparation and execution (somewhat)

this game reminds me of the game where scholes scored the winner several years ago. we methodically controlled that game kinda how barca did here.

even though we played relatively well, the lack of cutting edge in the final third is telling. zero shots on goal is not good.

I am not mad at Ole for this game. think he did fairly ok and even though we lost it was a good outing from him. Loved how McT performed

we need to stop playing into narratives that are pre-cooked. Fred was not gassed for FFS!

i should look up how many crosses we attempted but i wonder why attempt crosses and take Lukaku out. thought the big man should have stayed in.

ordinarily i would re-watch this game. but given all that is happening with the club not appearing to know its head from its ass i just can't be bothered.

jnielsen repped this.
  10. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    It's a contact sport you utter prat.

benni... repped this.
  11. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Anonymous_United repped this.
  12. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Who gives a shyt what he says?

13. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    McT did have a very nice game. He might have the best touch of anyone on the team. Loved seeing him turn with the ball, time after time, and the opposition couldn't touch him.
    Other than that, our passing, shot selection and crosses were college level.

14. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What as most impressed me about McT is the composure. He didn't seem overawed by the occasion.

Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  15. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    He did at the beginning of the game. But so did the rest of the team.

jnielsen repped this.
  16. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I still think McT is very limited technically, but I'm all for him being a harasser for games that call for it.

17. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Herrera replacement.

18. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Herrera is a starter. McT has no business being a starter.

If Herrera leaves we still need a replacement 8 and starting 6...along with a starting RW, starting CB, and depth wingback.

That's not a great position to be going into with no DOF in place and so many other big teams re-tooling.

This summer might be an ugly one. Id rather we don't sign players than end up with an LvG type summer where we load up on average players.

LA. MAN UNITED and Anonymous_United repped this.
  19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there is one window actually where we can absolutely get by without a DoF, it's this coming summer. The positions of need are clear and there are relatively straightforward options out there for most of them. I wouldn't trust Woodward to make the picks of course, but Ole or Ole/Phelan should know exactly not only what players are needed in terms of quality, but they should be able to pinpoint United type ones (which is just as important, if not more so than their inherent quality).
    I've said it before and I'll repeat it again, I expect us to have a good, to possibly great summer, transfer wise, provided Woodward makes serious money available. I still want a DoF to come in of course, but as long as we have one in place by the start of next season, that will be perfectly fine with me.
    We could have used one for this summer's business, but it's more crucial for one to be in place for the coming years (the medium to long term future).
    A lot of us here are not experts in the matter of transfers, yet some of us are able to come up with viable solutions for solid business to make the team stronger as soon as next season. It's not rocket science and there's no reason Ole can't do so either, better even perhaps since he knows precisely what to look both in terms of quality and character.
    Now, if Woodward goes back on his word and does not appoint a DoF by August or just some incompetent "yes person", then there will genuine reason for concerns, but in no way will the presence of a DoF now, make or break our summer. What is vital now is having money: we have that and I think we can trust Ole to spend it well (or at the very least well enough to improve us significantly)...

20. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm not convinced Herrera is a starter myself. Or should be at least, depending what our aspirations are.

Hes too limited offensively for my tastes, along with some other technical limitations, to be a nailed on starter.

jnielsen repped this.
  21. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It all depends on how we go forward. If Pogba stays, he requires to be surrounded with energy and defensive ability but the benefit is he can handle a majority of the offensive load from midfield. The problem there is that when he decides he doesn't feel like playing, we've set our midfield up to cater to him and now we have no offense from our CMs.

A lot of what we do with our midfield this next season and going forward depends on if Pogba wants to leave. If he's not going to renew his contract, he needs to be sold and the midfield rebuilt this summer.

22. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I love him and am always glad he's in the team lately, but his quality could be higher. Squad player certainly. Conditions have not favored him at United. I believe he could improve in our new scheme.

23. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Herrera was already one of the best CMs in the league in the period since Ole took over. He regularly put in 8-9 and even 10/10 level performances week in, week out. Could he offer more offensively? Perhaps but with Pogs in great form and the attack clicking on pretty much all cylinders, it was not really needed from him and his offensive output is not what mattered the most. His defensive game, alongside Matic and his workrate, the ground he constantly and tirelessly covered are the facets of his game that needed to stand out the most. And it did.
    As previously stated, we can argue that we need CMs in the team who can bring something else/another dimension, but a player of Herrera's type is vital to us for so many reasons, not least of which his attitude and desire . If we end up losing him, then so be it and we'll ultimately get over it and move on as we always do.
    But it's just plain weird to me that anyone would actually nudge him out the door willingly. That makes absolutely no sense on so many different levels, not least of which the economic one and considering that replacing Herrera and what he brings/represents will cost LOTS of money, when we already have plenty of urgent needs that need to be addressed as well...

Anonymous_United repped this.
  24. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    That goes back to our conversation his simplicity comes in handy. Tidy, clean.

jnielsen repped this.