UAB-St Louis[R]

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by CG, Nov 8, 2003.

1. soccerinstlouis

soccerinstlouis New Member

Nov 10, 2003
    I read UAB had two players ejected from the C-USA tournament this past weekend, one for a tackle from behind with both feet up, and the second for punching an oponent in the back of the head out of bounds. I think you better raise your hand and admit it!

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I don't have a dog in this fight about whether UAB is dirty or not.

However, It's not helping the arguement that UAB isn't dirty when the Blazers have a player tossed in consecutive games.

Kareem Morgan was sent off against Louisville and Mikey Spitzer was ejected against SLU. I'm guessing they weren't red carded for being rude.

3. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    Okay guys, here is a specific example. Second half of UAB at Charlotte, Spitzer makes an extremely vicious and blatant leg swiping tackle from behind on Charlotte's Chris Arnold. Spitzer literally swung his leg while getting Arnold from behind, breaking both his tibia and fibula. Now, why don't you check it out to see if I'm full of bull. In fact, why not call Charlotte and ask to see the video.

4. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    I'm gonna pull an Arsene Wenger and say I didn't see anything. Maybe Mikey Spitzer is dirty but one player doesn't make a team dirty. I wouldn't say DC United is dirty. I'd say Kovalenko is.

5. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    I give you a clear cut example, and you still deny it. Wow.

6. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One player doth not a dirty team make. Nay, not even two. You've never seen a quality player make a rash decision? :rolleyes:

7. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
  8. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    you give me an example of two players. I guarantee I have seen more UAB games than you'll ever see you tosser. Not dirty is the verdict.

9. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001

you are great at the witty comebacks.

10. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    have a nice life pvan4.
    out

11. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    If there is someone who doesn't have a life, they could go find the stats to UAB over the last 2 years or so, compare the number of cautions and send-offs with UAB's opponents over the same time frame, and report them back to everyone waiting patiently at BS, that would be great.

Otherwise, you two wankers can keep going back and forth with your opinions on whether or not they are dirty.

12. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    touche, bigdush.
    out