U21 Portugal vs France [R] playoffs, Portugal happy with the draw

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    U21 Portugal vs France in the playoffs, Portugal happy with the draw
    Portugal happy with the draw, should be a good game says Gilberto Madail the FPF, we got some revenge to do with France, couldn't happen at a better time, a win and a spot in the Olympics
    he says its better to play France in two games then in one, our talent in the U21 should be enough to beat France, Postiga, Hugo Viana, Moreira, Tiago, Cristiano Ronaldo, Quaresma, Bonsingwa, Lourenco, capt Ricardo Costa.

Madail e o sorteio para o «play-off» dos sub-21: «Vai ser um bom jogo»

ASF
    O presidente da Federação Portuguesa de Futebol, Gilberto Madail, manifestou-se confiante nas capacidades dos jovens jogadores da selecção sub-21 de Portugal para ultrapassar a França, equipa que o sorteio de hoje ditou como adversário da equipa lusa no «play-off» de aceso ao Europeu da categoria.

«Ontem tinha dito ao José Romão [seleccionador] que não me importava de defrontar a França, por uma questão de fé e também porque acho que temos uma equipa boa e poderosa, tal como têm os franceses. Portanto acho que vai ser um bom jogo», começou por afirmar o responsável máximo da FPF.

«É sempre preferível encontrar a França em dois jogos do que defrontá-los apenas num, já durante o Europeu», prosseguiu Madail, considerando, ainda, que uma eventual eliminação da equipa francesa nesta fase da prova poderá ter efeitos bastante positivos na restante caminhada lusa rumo ao principal objectivo traçado para a selecção sub-21.

«Se eliminarmos a França – que é o que eu espero que aconteça – passaremos a ser muito mais respeitados no âmbito do nosso principal objectivo, que é a participação nos Jogos Olímpicos», explicou, não esquecendo, também, o facto de esta eliminatória poder servir para «acertarmos

2. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    who does france have?

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I believe Cisse and company, but we have more talent

4. Simao

Simao New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    bad draw

5. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    amen

6. Simao

Simao New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    A merda

7. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    You know what!!1 this is why Portugal never get"s past the semi- finals of a major tournement we are always in awe of the French the Italians but why? I heard it the other day from Fernado Counto " Well we will try our best but you have to keep in Mind that we are a very small country" That is a loser way to look at things. I am so sick and tried of hearing oh bad draw or French this and French that. All the major Powers in European soccer would give their right foot away to have the young talent that Portugal has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    France , England Spain Italy and Germany. out of all those teams only Spain can compete with us in regards to good young world class talent. You can also throw in Turkey as well. So let stop being scared of these teams they should be scared of us and i know they are France will get beat in both games because they cannot compete with us this time. I know some of you will say that i am full of it but the Wizards of Europe are gone kill those French Period