U19 Canada vs Brasil PBP [R]

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by gousa9, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Aidaen

Aidaen Member

Aug 24, 2002
    East Lansing, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is some great work - excellent job. :)

2. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    brazil has a throw in....22nd minute....

brasil moving the ball around....canada is understtack....wins back possesion (phew!)...plays the ball to rowe, who has a bad first touch to control, but wins it back...vermulen tries to hit sinclair over the top, but way too far for her, and giselle gobbles it up happily

3. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    thank you. this is a great game.

brasil is on the attack, and canada has zippo attack...rowe tries to catch up with a ball, but it's way too far for her...

under 7 minutes left before PKs now.....#15 for brasil just falls on the ball and hides the ball under her, and makes no sense to me....

kelly is trying to move the ball for canada's freekick, and getting in the way, and delaying the game. she should really get a yellow for that...finnish ref needs to do something about this.

canadian free kick wasted as vermulen kicks the ball far....

4. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    um...i don't have the numbers, but definitly in the extra play, it seems like brasil has maybe 60%, and 40% canada...

brazil gets a call for their side, as one of their players pulls down timko, and the foul is called against timko..........and they're getting ALL the calls. the free kick is kicked way off...it would have been a point if it was football ;)

5. Druid Squirrel

Dec 15, 2000
    A hollow tree
    Sounds like an absolutely thrilling game. Would it have killed FSW to show it? As nice as Elaine's PBP is, I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy watching it on TV even more.

6. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    canada not creating any attack...just kicking the ball forwad...seems like they're just hoping to ride this out until PKs.....

28th minute....2 minutes and extra time left of the game...

sincalir turns and shoots on goal ouisde of the box but goes wide...she's hobbling. she kicked the ball w/her left foot which is the one that is hurt....

ball back in the brazilian attacking third....

7. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    definitly a GREAT GAME!!!

there's this one guy from the brasil team, and he's hanging behind the goal where the brasilian players are warming up, and he's been jumping onto the field, and running onto the field to protest....

now play has stopped, and the ref is running down to that side of the field, and throws this guy out (i'm thinking he might be an asst. coach, or a gk coach or somethng)....that guy is like talking back, and walks slowly off the field....

whole stadium is booing right now....

8. kennytt

kennytt Member+

LA teams
    United States
    May 26, 2001
    Westminster, OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks and a very good work ...I just watched USA - Germany game on FSW and I don't know why they don't show Canada vs Brasil game...Luckily, we'll get the final on Sunday. Hope it's the Canada vs USA...

9. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    But, it IS football the ONLY true football!!!

Not a bunch of armored, steroid enhanced behemoths partaking in a mixture of Suma and gladiatorial combat.

10. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    omigod....rowe makes a great run, and cuts it back....but no one is there...

EXTRA TIME IS OVER NOW....

penalty kicks now...

this was not what i expected at ALL...but i think that canada should be lucky that they didn't get scored on in the extra time....

11. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    penalty kicks.....hopefully sinclair regroups, cause i'm sure she's gonna take one....

crowd on it's feet and urging them on.

shel (the gk coach) gives some final advice to erin mcleod, i think she's gonna come up big to make up for her mistake....

commercial break now...

12. Aidaen

Aidaen Member

Aug 24, 2002
    East Lansing, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You hate penalties, right up until they save you from a side that's outplaying you. :)

13. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Damn the PKs!!!

WAR Canucks!

WAR Vench and FearM9!!!

14. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    ok...here we go....players stretching....

i wonder who'll be kicking...too bad moscato is not in the game, cause she would be a great PKer.....

captains do the coin toss....brasil is kicking first i believe....

15. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    sends good vibes to edmonton...my sis is even into this, and she's NEVER into soccer...lol

16. Aidaen

Aidaen Member

Aug 24, 2002
    East Lansing, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VIVA CANADA!

From your friends in the United States. :)

17. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    mcleod claps towards the crowd, trying to get them on her side....

takes some time....come on....CANADA...CANADA...CANADA!!!!!

brasil up first....marta first kicker....SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Aidaen

Aidaen Member

Aug 24, 2002
    East Lansing, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOO!!

19. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    yea yea!! mcleod dives to the left, and saves it...

canada's first kicker is candace chapman........

SAVE....brasil saves it....keeper lookes like she moved too early to me......

20. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Just like Bri.

21. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    kelly kicks for brasil...mcleod goes the wrong way, and kelly kicks the ball off the post and out....she looks like she's po-ed...she dinged it off the post hard....

canada's 2nd kicker is sinclair....(surprised she's not last, but makes sense)....PAY BACK TIME SINCY!! COME ON!!!!!

GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL

we're up 1-0

22. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    brasil keeper needs to stay on her line...

#7 for brasil, ariana scores for brasil....mcleod didn't even move....

canada's #6 vermulen kicks.....brasil keeper looks like she's gonna kill someone...lol...death stare....

GOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!

up 2-1

23. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    WAR Canucks!!!

I don't want the US squad to face the Braslians in the final! :mad:

24. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    #4 diane taking the 4th kicks for brasil....GOAL....

2-2.....

for canada it's kara lang....15 years old...PRESSURE!!!! keeper taunts kara, tries to get in her head...crowd booes........kara looks calm, and collected....

GGOOOAALALLLLL

hits the post but goes in...

3-2...brasil has to score next one or it's over

25. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    brasil sends daniella, their captain...she looks like she's all business......

come on mcleod!! make a save!!!!!

daniella scores......mcleod went the wrong way, danielle easily slots it in the other way

canada gets this in, and they clinch.....SASAHA ANDREWS is our fifth kicker...everyone holding each other on the bench...GOOOOAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!

WE WIN!!!! WE'RE IN!!!!!!!!