U17s to Mercedes-Benz Aegean Cup, Jan. 17-22

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Werdman89, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the Cabrera story on ussoccer said he would stay on through the end of January.

3. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  4. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Adonis Amaya @AmayaAdonis
    Going to turkey Tomorrow, with the u-17 USA national team :)

6. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Junior Flores called up.

7. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. upper_v

upper_v Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is actually incorrect. This was probably a preliminary roster submitted several weeks ago. There are three new players -- new to Bradenton and to this roster. I'm sure USSF will issue a release early next week.

9. shadrach

shadrach Goldenchild

Jan 19, 2002
    quit being nosy...
    Apparently Aaron Meyer is one of the new guys going to Turkey? Info from a dallascup retweet. I didn't see him on the Nike Friendlies roster. I believe he's an FCD player.

10. soccerndo

soccerndo Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I watched a scrimmage of the U17 with the new additions. I was really impressed with one particular kid who I was told is a year younger and was just invited to Bradenton. This kid to me is the real deal and what the US is looking for. I hope Cabera took him to Turkey. If not, then I will be disappointed. He was that good. A little small but flat out the best I have seen yet...let me know if anyone knows who he is.

11. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY

Better than Flores?
    Lindley, Meyer, Akale, Taiwo? What did he look like.

12. soccerndo

soccerndo Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yup, better than Flores. quicker and more exciting. All the coaches watching from a coaching course were just hoping this kid is not changed by the staff. he was fun to watch. Left footed and small.

13. SportsFan2011

SportsFan2011 Member

Jan 16, 2012
    That's Akale and he didn't make the trip. They kept pretty much same roster as Nike Friendlies. I believe 9 new kids (96s, 97s) were invited to Bradenton this semester. Not sure how many, if any, made the Turkey roster.

14. soccerndo

soccerndo Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He is better though Flores is good but that kid is quicker and truly exciting

15. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Every federation sending a team to Turkey has a blurb about their squad except one. Games starts tomorrow

16. soccerndo

soccerndo Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Which one does not?

17. soccerndo

soccerndo Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Thank you and I can see why he would keep the same squad. Maybe chemistry or maybe he is just younger.

18. soccerndo

soccerndo Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Just been told his name is Akale...Yup, better than Flores. quicker and more exciting. All the coaches watching from a coaching course were just hoping this kid is not changed by the staff. he was fun to watch. Left footed and small.

19. la torre

la torre Member+

Dec 27, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this was the guy?: http://www.insidemnsoccer.com/2011/...west-member-of-u-s-soccer-u-17-national-team/

I agree that the lack of coverage by US Soccer is getting annoying. How much effort does it take to post the roster on ussoccer.com and write a quick blurb about the tournament? If they are trying to build the fanbase, getting some basic information about what the youth teams are up to on the internet is a good place to start.

1 person likes this.
  20. soccerndo

soccerndo Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yup that is him. He scored two beautiful goals after coming in for the second half. No one was able to stop him and he seemed to toy with the defenders.

1 person likes this.
  21. dunn6253

dunn6253 New Member

Aug 29, 2011
  22. upper_v

upper_v Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turkey 2-1 USA. Turkey led 2-0 before the US scored a consolation goal.

1 person likes this.
  23. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo

By my count we have given up 6 goals in the last 4 games. Should that be an area of concern for us faithfuls? Is there other defenders in Bradenton that should be getting a look? It's been approx. 6 or 7 games since we had a clean sheet.

I'm sure Turkey was a tough atmosphere to play.

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    It's so early in the cycle............the whole point of tournaments like this is for the staff to evaluate the talent they have in each position.

I'm not too concerned about sheer results at this point in the cycle. Hell, the only times I'll pay attention to a U17 scoreline is for U17WCQers and the U17WC. Until then it's all about development, teaching opportunities, evaluation, etc.