U.S. will win the Group of Death!!

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by jankballs, Dec 28, 2005.

1. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    I know the rest of the world thinks we are toast, but I am curious to see what other U.S. fans think.
    It is a crazy group and all four teams could realistically win it. I think we are going to upset Italy, tie CR, and beat Ghana. CR will beat Italy but get upset by Ghana, and Italy will beat Ghana.
    These are my wild predictions. I can't wait for June!!!

2. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    huh? am I the only one :confused: ??

3. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    nice call. i confused myself.

4. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Group of Death? I thought we were in Group E, not Group C. Did I miss something?

5. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    I guess so because pretty much the ENTIRE world is calling our group the hardest group.

6. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I don't think so.

7. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    Lets ask the ol experts at none other than http://www.groupofdeath.com/

BTW way to back up your statements with solid links. I had only heard Group E referred to as the group of death before reading those links. But even in those links Group E was listed as 2nd or 3rd for group of death honors.

Either way Group E is a VERY difficult group and this thread is supposed to be about how U.S. fans think we will fare in WC '06.

8. Dusky

Dusky Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Southern Kali
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Some Americans gotta stop the non-sense of referring to their group as the group of death. Some of them base their judgment on the group's average fifa ranking (e.g. groupofdeath.com). It doesn't take a genius to figure out the invalidity of that, but it would, however, take more than a spazzo...

9. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    I could post a hundred sites saying Group E is the group of death, but I don;t have the time.

It really is not even close. group C??? are you serious?? Does anyone doubt that Netherlands and Argentina should come out of that?

Group E has three superb teams who have done well in recent World Cup's and Euro Cup's and qualifying.

Again this thread is on a wild trail but what are you going to do? You think anyone WANTS to be in the group of death? NO!

That is just the facts www.groupofdeath.com has the numbers to prove it. Anything else is just a biased opinion. Ghana is no walkover either.

10. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Group E is the group of death . Ghana is a stronger African team than Ivory Coast, Argentina and Holland can be looked at as our Czechs and Italians ( or us ) and we are definitely stronger than S and M

11. arcturus rex

arcturus rex BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 10, 2005
    Same old story of American fans over-rating the US soccer team (sigh)

To American fans, it is enough to be in the group to magically turn it into something it is not, i.e. "the group of death"...Yeah, right. In the process, they discredit Italy's and the Czech Republic's quality.

Same old story.

Frankly, I fear the day when the US becomes a soccer world power (not that they will) because they are sooooo arrogant and condescending.

12. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle

13. arcturus rex

Sep 10, 2005

14. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
  15. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By us calling it the '' group of death '' we are not discrediting italy or the czechs. It's the exact opposite. We're saying that all the teams in the group are strong teams , and it is a toss up to who will get out . We are becoming a soccer power, whether you foreigners like it or not.
    Dont Tread On Me

16. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    arcturus you don't call yourself a mexico fan? do you?

17. arcturus rex

Sep 10, 2005
    That's irrelevant.

18. akofman12345

akofman12345 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    San Jose
    what i want to know is why everyone is so caught up in a "group of death". its December and the world cup is about 160 days away. who knows what can happen in June/ July. and who can tell me that they honestly thought that group 4 in UEFA's WCQ would in the end been the group of death. all im saying is anything can happen in the world cup such as an "Israel" challenging the likes of France and Ireland. and its not worth debating which is the harder group to advance out of .

19. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago
    You guys have managed to argue over whether or not we're in the group of death. What's even worse are the knuckleheads trying to claim the Americans (fill blank) card.

Truly pathetic.

Please go out and get hobbies.

Fonsos

20. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK
    Who's in the group of life? :rolleyes:

21. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I really don't understand the obsession of some U.S. posters trying to declare Group E the "Group of Death."

(Is it an attempt to line-up a viable excuse this early?)

For the very last time, Group C is considered the most difficult group by the vast majority of the international media - period.

Repeating to yourself 'Group E' over and over again is not going to change that...

22. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont care whether we're in the group of death or not. Once we beat Italy , the Czechs , and Ghana , it won't matter anymore :D

23. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    "hells yeah"

The group of death argument was not the reason for the post. I had ONLY heard Group E called the group of death prior to reading some of the previous links. Whether or not everyone agrees it is or isn't doesn't matter.

I just wanted US fans to comment on our chances to get out of a difficult group.

Rex- I have found that alot of Mexican fans underrate the US even though the Mexican players and coaches highly respect the squad. I am actually a big Mexico fan and cheer for the concacaf in most cases. I just cheer for US over anyone of course, but I am surprised at how many Mexican fans refuse to accept US's rise in soccer even though they have experienced many losses to us first hand.
    In the perfect scenario I would love to see a Mexico USA WC final.

24. arcturus rex

Sep 10, 2005
    The Czech Republic and Italy are in the group of life. :D

25. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    :rolleyes: