U.S. troops unaccounted for in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by GRUNT, Jul 1, 2005.

1. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude; tell Women for Afghan Women that we've succeeded; I didn't say we've failed, I said the job wasn't done, that that was unacceptable, and that that makes the excursion into Iraq all the more galling. I did say that this overall, global frame on events is one of failure and loss; it always has been.

But do with the above what you want; you seem to be doing so anyway.

:rolleyes: I'm sure that Afghan women would enjoy hearing that this is what they reduce to, for you, and those who think like you. Can I quote your characterization of their ogranizing efforts directly to them? Do you represent just yourself, or maybe a family, or community?

3. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How do you feel about the "success" of the "mission" now? I think that we've redefined success here, once again; I certainly define "mission" differently than the Bush cabal, and as a result define "success" differently.

But I'm interested in those that claim "success" in the "mission" in this area of the world. DESCRIBE such "success" for me please.

4. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Actually here is the problem. The normal life of Afghan got worse than Taliban was in power. Those folks don't have affilcation or agenda and may care about their daily life than free election.

In the begining, we should send our own troops to do the clean job instead of contracting to Northern Warloads. At that time, Taliban was effectively stopped most of drug farming (due to its fundamentalism and financial support of Saudi) except the Northern Warloads part. When we enlisted Northern Warloads to our fight (by glorifying those tugs in our meida), and even though they supposed to turn in any major captures to us, but many of important ones paid Warloads and got away. Right now, Taliban is doing pretty good on the drug trades now, and with the money they are able to exchange American weapones from Northern Warloads now. As UN extimated, there are 49% increase on this year's yield, and 162% increase in cultivation. With those huge money on their hands, Taliban may able to try a comeback.

Of course, we heard all those "heart and mind" talk. But now those Afghans' heart and mind are with drugs now. It is not like somewhere else that if we give financial aids than poor folks will be on our side. Those folks have money now, and they just want us leave them alone.

5. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

too late for this fool, but I'm sure a few of you are familiar with how Kipling ended his poem about the britisj in afghanistan?

"When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier."

I'm sure the redcoats would have been happy with a beheading.