U.S. soccer has the facilities but needs more passion. -KC Star

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Spoon, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is and interesting article in the Star today about MLS and the Wizards after a witnessing his first game at the Head. No mention of 114 which is kinda sad after you read it.

2. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Sounds a lot more like him being mad because we have more efficent ways of writing. Deal with it...

He totally missed writing about the cauldron. Rather than saying how terrible everything is, can we at least say ONE good thing- perhaps how there are dedicated fans.

3. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    he might have had some fair points to make but that article was just odd. it absolutely lost me towards the end where he starts talking about soccer journalism in 3rd world countries???

4. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    appearently they don't read in third world countries. That was a poorly written article.

5. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    That one got an email from me to Luder and Fannin. I again invited someone, this time Mr. Nkala, to join the Cauldron for a game. We'll see where it gets us this time. I've only been trying to get someone to write about us for over two years. Maybe this time around the new face thats passionate about soccer will actually take us up on the offer.

6. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he has an email addy?

7. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reason why there is no article about us becuase we are bad and the Wizards don't want more fans like us. Then the family atmosphere would disappear and then no kiddies would come out.

8. Van Buren

Van Buren New Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Kansas City, Mo
    this column is crap. It reads like a 14-year-old wrote it.

When you're in the pressbox, like this dude obviously stayed, you don't notice the cauldron. Sorry, guys. It's way to the right, and the windows stay shut. I'm sure he would have a much different experience watching with actual fans having a good time rather than reporters who are working.

In the wiz reporters and wiz media staff's defense, the wiz press box is waaaaaaay better than the royals one. that place is a funeral.

9. SoccerNutScott

SoccerNutScott New Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Olathe, KS
    I don't know this guy at all and have never met him but my guess is his english is a little weak because it was a very hard read. I am surprised an editor or someone didn't help make more readable. Of course I know zilch about writing and journalism so what do I know. I just read'em folks.

10. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Probably because 114 wouldn't be a big deal to him, every team in the world has one. Only the colors, organizational level, and size change.

I thought the article was accurate. Sure it's a far cry from Posnanski level. He's essentially a foreign exchange reporter according to the bio at the end. Maybe he would feel differently if he attended a KSU/NU/Chiefs football game.

Still, the only reason it should be "odd", as described here, is that it's from a perspective completely different from one anyone on this board could ever possibly have.

The good part is any mention at all is probably a good thing at this point. The only people who read it are ones that have interest, the rest are just scanning headlines.