U.S. Soccer Bans Headers For Kids Under The Age Of 11

Dieses Thema im Forum 'Youth & HS Soccer' wurde von YankBastard gestartet, 10 November 2015.

1. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

10 Januar 2001
    New Jersey
    After an entire spring season....it is my perception that this is doing more harm than good, particularly as it pertains to less skilled players. While they're protected from head injuries...they are far more likely to commit dangerous play fouls by high kicking. We had two kids get kicked in the face pretty badly as a direct result of unskilled players attempting to control balls with their feet that would have been routinely headed away.

2. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

10 Januar 2001
    New Jersey
    So diablo jr is now a freshman and playing high school soccer.

One observation: the majority kids affected by this remain absolutely atrocious in the air....even as they are now freshman sophomores and juniors. Across all skill levels...they are just really really bad.

bigredfutbol gefällt dies.
  3. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

31 Mai 2000
    Vienna, VA
    I reffed today, and parents were shocked that I did a drop ball after a header. Absolutely no idea what the rule is.

4. RealChicago

RealChicago Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    21 Mai 2018
    I'd rather teach the kids at that age to trap balls in the air with their feet. Nothing like a good trap from the air to really show ball skills. No problem with this.

ThePonchat gefällt dies.
  5. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    10 Januar 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heading can still be learned. The rule has nothing to do with making heading "bad."

As said previously, maybe these players need to be taught how to play soccer at a young age instead of just heading a ball. In another discussion I had, the complaint was that heading was bad from goalkicks and punts. That's exactly what doesn't need to happen in youth soccer. Put the ball down and work on playing soccer instead of just senselessly knocking a ball.

Die Seite empfehlen