U-20 World Cup Qualifying Ecuador 2017

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by GPisco, Dec 18, 2016.

1. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Qualification for the U-20 world cup will be hosted in Ecuador from January 18th through February 11th of 2017. Games will be held at 6 venues Estadio Bellavista, Estadio Olimpico de Ibarra, Estadio La Cocha, Estadio Olimpico Atahualpa, Casa Blanca, and Estadio Olimpico de RioBamba.

Group A
    Ecuador
    Colombia
    Brazil
    Paraguay
    Chile

Group B
    Argentina
    Uruguay
    Peru
    Venezuela
    Bolivia.

Same as last year top 3 from each group advance to the final group stages from there top 4 qualify.

I think we got a tough group but you should manage to get through. A lot of faces in excited to see wanna see great things from Estupinan and Cabezas.

Ecuador U-20 Call-up:
    Goalkeepers
    Gabriel Carabali (Colo Colo) (Chile)
    Jose Gabriel Cevallos (LDUQ)
    Alvaro Preciado (Espoli)
    Giancarlos Terreros (BSC)

Defense
    Bryon Castillo (Aucas)
    Pervis Estupinan (Granada) (Spain)
    Kevin Minda (LDUQ)
    Jhonner Montezuma (Aucas)
    Juan Nazareno (IDV)
    Joel Quinteros (CSE)
    Luis Segovia (Nacional)
    Felix Torres (LDUP)

Midfield
    Luis Cabezas (Fluminense) (Brazil)
    Jefferson Chila (River)
    Alan Franco (IDV)
    Renny Jaramillo (IDV)
    Adolfo Munoz (Nacional)
    Johnny Quinonez (Aucas)
    Joao Rojas (Aucas)
    Jordan Sierra (Defin)
    Willian Vargas (Boca Jr.) (Argentina)

Forwards
    Wilter Ayovi (IDV)
    Bryan Cabezas (Atalanta)
    Jordy Caicedo (U. Catolica)
    Washington Corozo (IDV)
    Herlin Lino (BSC)
    Jhon Periera (Aucas)
    Daniel Porozo (Lobos BUAP) (Mexico)

2. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There seems to be no showings on cable (USA) for the U-20 championships. I looked it up on youtube live and was able to find a stream.

Looking forward to this game against Brasil

3. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They are playing pretty good so far both Brazil and Ecuador have had their chances. Rojas, Cabezas, and Segovia looking nice

4. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Estupiñan is playing well too. Unfortunate that Cabezas had to come off. Didn't see the red card but apparently Vargas deserved it. Not looking good for Ecuador for the rest of the game.

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    WTF did that forward not move on that last chance for goal? He just stood there while his team mate had a chance for to pass for a goal. What a terrible technique. Who the ******** is teaching these kids? What a retard. How did you stay there and not get open for a goal?

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    These kids kinda suck lol sorry. What happened to all the Ecuadorians abroad?!

7. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They played much better being one man down, but they completely lost it they let their frustrations get to them. These kids couldn't make a simple pass at times. But to get to the point they sucked in those last 25.

8. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They really were going back and forth in the first half. A red card in the first minute of the second half definitely made things more difficult. Jordan Sierra and Ayovi looked good off the bench.

Also, what a shitty thing to do in the second half by Joao Rojas. Pretended to be injured and didn't give the ball back after Brazil kicked it out of bounds on purpose.

9. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That wasn't his fault. He actually played it really smart and by staying back he made himself open while the defenders moved forward. Only problem was that his teammate made a terrible pass and it went straight to a defender.

10. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We're definitely not winning the Fair Play award..

11. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Down 1-0 vs Colombia rn. Man this team is struggling

12. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If you got a link to a stream with Ecuadorian narrators, please share!

13. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A link to the game

14. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    These kids are.... terrible. And to think we didn't "need" the kids in Europe. The U20 coach sucks ass. It's been proven over and over again. The worst part is that this tournament is in Ecuador lol. Pure embarrassment.

15. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wow. It's been 12 years since I've seen Ecuador come back from 2-0 down and win. Feels good man!!

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn. They proved me wrong. Nice comeback win. Defense though needs fixing.

GPisco and damnecuadorian repped this.
  17. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Last game of the first round and a big one against Paraguay if we draw we could be looking at a tie-breaker as they are the same on goal difference and goals scored. Brazil have qualified with 7pts while Ecuador, Paraguay, Colombia and Chile all fight for the last spot. A win for any team means they'll make it. I got Brazil, Ecuador, and Colombia making it out of this group and Argentina, Uruguay, and Bolivia in the next, should make make for a tough final round

18. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Two goals back to back for Ecuador!! Off to a great start. Top of the group at the moment

damnecuadorian repped this.
  19. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    First place!! None of us saw that coming lol

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Who's the defenders for Ecuador? Estupiñan and the rest of that defense are freaking shit.

21. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I can't believe Brazil made such HUGE mistakes! One of the stupidest mistakes I've seen lol. Thank you Brazil!

22. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    And another come back from two nil down! Can Brazil give us another penalty for the victory?

23. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    U20 vale verga. Cevallos and that defense are wack. Got lucky against Brazil. Now losing to Venezuela and this is at home. No midfield what's so ever and to think we didn't call up the kid from Chelsea to help in the mid ?!

Cabezas disappeared. Roja overrated big time. Our forwards? Do we have any?!

The only reason we made it out this far is because we are playing in Ecuador. If not the U20 is one of the worst I've seen from the last 2-3 generations. Why are we not calling the kids from Europe?! Doesn't make any sense at all.

Can anyone tell me why that coach still even coaching at all?

Something smell fishy again in Ecuador.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I always tell people Joao Joshimar Rojas is overrated and will most likely end up being as good as the one in Cruz Azul AT BEST and people think I'm hating or I'm crazy. That kid is average. Same with this kid Ayrton Preciado. He's a bit better than Rojas, but nothing spectacular. Not sure why people think Emelec had such amazing signings because they didn't. They're gambling with those signings. Preciado I'm pretty sure will have success, but he's not that great either. Rojas is nothing out of this world. Now when you speak of Gabriel Cevallos he actually IS a good keeper. He has lots of talent and I'm sure he will continue to develop it. I wouldn't be surprised if he beats Erick Viveros and Leonel Nazareno to become Liga's 2nd substitute keeper. Don't be surprised if it happens.

This NT has NO style of playing. Juegan al puro pelotazo. Rodriguez has done a terrible and horrific job with this NT. These kids are lost on the field. The real reason we've even had positive results in this tournament at any point is because these kids have "garra". They have attitude more than anything. That's what's won us games. Not our futbol, but our garra. Surprising to think we depend on that.

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Javier Rodriguez Coached the U-17 and I honestly dont think he ever did a bad Job with them. Why he is doing a bad job with the U-20 doesnt make any sense to me.

At this point with Vizuete out we will need to find new u-17 and 20 coaches. I wounder if Aguinaga would be interested in coaching the u-20. Not sure of any name that come to mind to coach them.