U-20 World Cup in Canada

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Smoga, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    Polski Związek Piłki Nożnej informuje, że w dniach 02 – 12.06 br. odbędzie się konsultacja szkoleniowa i turniej towarzyski w Jordanii dla zawodników rocznika 1987. Na w/w imprezę powołani zostali:

Adamiec Paweł 1987 Zdrój Ciechocinek
    Białkowski Bartosz 1987 Southampton FC
    Cieluch Mateusz 1987 Jagiellonia Białystok
    Danch Adam 1987 Górnik Zabrze
    Dąbrowski Maciej 1987 Victoria Koronowo
    Feter Jakub 1987 LKS Bałucz
    Fojut Jarosław 1987 Bolton Wanderers
    Grosicki Kamil 1988 Pogoń Szczecin
    Janczyk Dawid 1987 Legia Warszawa
    Janoszka Łukasz 1987 Ruch Chorzów
    Jarka Dawid 1987 Górnik Zabrze
    Jędrzejczyk Artur 1987 Legia Warszawa
    Król Krzysztof 1987 Real Madryt
    Krychowiak Grzegorz 1990 FC Girondis de Bordeaux
    Małecki Patryk 1988 Wisła Kraków
    Marciniak Artur 1987 GKS BOT Bełchatów
    Marek Adrian 1987 Zagłębie Sosnowiec
    Rączka Damian 1987 Borussia M`Gladbach
    Starosta Ben 1987 Sheffield United
    Strugarek Krzysztof 1987 ŁKS Łomża
    Szałek Jakub 1987 KP Police
    Tytoń Przemysław 1987 Górnik Łęczna

Kierownictwo reprezentacji przypomina zawodnikom o konieczności zabrania paszportów oraz wszelkich dokumentów niezbędnych do wyrobienia wizy na wyjazd do Kanady (wniosek wizowy do pobrania na stronie www.canada.pl)

nie ma Korzyma :rolleyes:

...i tak wygra Meksyk

2. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC

Are you assuming that because they tell the players to get their passports and Canadian visas ready that this will be the squad for the World Champinships?

3. Gobas

Gobas New Member

May 19, 2006
    Szczecinek
    some key players dont want to play in this cup more here

4. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Wow thats called being a moron.
    First of all if you get called up by your country you play unless you are in crutches, Second its a great chance to showcase yourself.
    Well not going to say anymore cause i will then have to edit the profanity from my own post.

5. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    some of the excuses are that one player prefers to stay with his club to get ready for the Intertoto Cup and another promised his girlfriend a trip...

this is unreal

6. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Im sure Leo is gonna make a note of those comments, and as long as those gutless pukes dont get their act together , they should only be in the "NT of the future" to pass out the gatorade to actual players.

7. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    yah this is really shameful.....Oziemczuk (Auxerre) and Trytko (Cottbus) were already out as striking options due to injury.....now Grosicki and Korzym, both strikers, rather earn some minutes at the intertoto cup rather than play at this huge tournament......

Listkiewicz had some strong words as someone posted this on polishsoccer.com:

http://naszakadra.info/index.php?pl...wicz%3A+Korzym+w+kadrze+ju%BF+nigdy+nie+zagra

Janczyk has had a year to forget in the ekstraklasa, i was really hoping he would build on his tally since last year improving at least....unfortunately for whatever reason he couldnt this year, definatley had the chances too...... the guy is very impressive technically but just couldnt score, hopefully he uses this tournament to get out of that mental block.....

Grosicki and Korzym dont exactly have the most impressive stats either, and janczyk is better technically than both of them.....but they would of been nice options off the bench at least.....especially grosicki who seems to score well internationally.....

at the beginning of this thread i said it was going to be janczyk and malecki most likely to start.....but they are going to get cards and get tired.....i dont really know anymore options from the striker department (those six are the best known u20 down).......globisz is either going to have to bring in some u18 strikers or search out some more options u20 down in the lower leagues......maybe find a diamond in the rough like he kind of did with Sacha......

but with the 2 injuries we already had in the striking department grosicki and korzym really bailed on us here.....marciniak is just one player in the defense, i think we can cover for him quite well with augustyn most likely..... but we have to pray Janczyk somehow comes to form for this tournament and globisz finds some more striking options....that or we'll be playing a 4-5-1 every game, and we looked really bad playing that formation.....

--------------------------------------

in the end though its for the best, we dont want any passengers on the team who dont really want to come.... these arent the types of guys we want on the team now or in the future (if any actually make the senior squad)..... there is probably plenty of hungry guys who are dying to play internationally, hopefully globisz finds them and they do well....

8. Jaga

Jaga New Member

Feb 25, 2006
    in my house
    Well how about we bring Zeyn or Janota in for thosethat dont wanna play

9. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    i doubt either will go at this point, although Janota is a player Globisz really likes.... he even mentioned bringing him before.... the problem is that both these guys are 17 and we already have one 17 year old being groomed for a spot....i dont think he will bring 2 1990 births....

Janota is very highly rated by feyenoord but probably not a player they will push through really quickly until he physically matures..... very skilled for his age but apparently he is quite small and still growing, not sure its the best idea to put him against players 3 years older as he may not be able to handle it yet physically..... Zeyn actually plays for the u21 team at his club in Sweden and would probably be able to handle the physcial aspect of playing with an older crop, but i still dont think he will go...... mainly because he has had some disputes with Globisz in the past, i really dont know how to rate this guy with Globisz praising him one second and than saying he is average the next.....

Globisz really likes the u17 crop in general, praises several players from that squad regularly like stulin, zeyn before, -> but mostly he talks about janota and krychowiak.....

Krychowiak (Bordeaux) was named to the u20 team that went to Jordan for the zgruwpowanie, our youngest player at 17..... i think he can play several positions in midfield..... in Jordan we won the tournament and he scored in the final game.... my guess is he will probably be the only 17 year old to come to Canada, but Janota is still a possibility..... most of the players on our team will be 1987 births like Janczyk, and then a few 88s.... krychowiak is a 1990 birth so he is a lot younger than these guys.....

good news that Janczyk bagged 2 goals as well in the final game!

10. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hi folks.

When is your squad for this tournament announced ?

Just want to see if Cywka, of Kupiz make it. I presume Cywka will but i'm not sure sure at what international level Kupiz is at, if any.

11. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    squad should be announced soon, the squad meets in Poland on the 18th to start preparing....

Cywka has already been capped by the u21s, last year... he turns 19 soon i believe, an 88 birth, the oldest you can be here at this tourney is an 87 birth...... Globisz, the Polish coach, has used him lots at various levels so i would expect him to make it.....but you never know.....

Kupisz is captain of Poland's u17 team, great prospect but i dont think will make the squad since he is a 1990 birth....i think we will only take 1 from that age group (Krychowiak)... but again you never know i guess....

12. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    the team that has been called up...

13. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Leo came out to check out the team in training, actually took over training for one day

he also said that the three players who chose not to join the team (Maciej Korzyma, Kamil Grosicki i Adam Marcinak) will be excluded from the senior team as long as he's the coach

14. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Rightly so

15. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really looking forward to this...only a couple more days.

I can't wait to see Król in action.

16. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    are the games to be shown on TV in the US?

17. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I believe they are going to be on Univision, Telefutura, and/or Galavision in Spanish, and I think ESPN2 will televise some games. They'll be somewhere on TV for sure.

18. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    because he is signed for real madrid?

i think he may leave after this season.....probably will play for real madrid B next season or move to deportivo or another Spanish club.....i posted links to several articles in the news thread in the u20 world cup sub forum on Polishsoccer.com....check it out, he has some interesting things to say.....

i think it will be very difficult for him to make it to the first team there, no shame in that though..... we have several players to look out for at the tourney, however the clubs they have signed for at a young age arent always the best indicators of who is the best....

hopefully they all give us a good showing and some of them develop well and go on to have good senior careers.....

cheers...

19. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Maybe Galaxian wants to see Krol because of his weird haircut...

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/4/2488/z2488404X.jpg

no, but seriously, I can't wait to see these guys myself, either. You read about them on the forums, but for people like myself, who never saw them in action, it will be great to see what they can / or can't do. I am looking forward to the tournament, and I hope that we'll get to see all of the games here in the US. I have to do some serious research to make sure I can get to see all the Poland games here in the New York area (I get all of the Spanish language channels, but not ESPNU).

20. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    yes i am excited to see them too --> its hard to see some of our younger players unless they play regularly.....with some of them abroad playing reserves or in the second division in Poland its hard to see their progress.....the only ones you can actually see play regularly are the ones who play in the OE.....

the next 1-2 years club wise will be huge for these players....

in regards to Krol, i justed wanted to point out that he may or may not be one of the better players......with youth players, unless they are playing first team football, the club they have a contract with may not be the best indicator of how good they are.....Krol's made some appearances for real madrid B in the the Spanish second division but i dont think that level of play is out of the realms of several of the other players --> like for instance the OE guys.... given that, his manager there seems to be really impressed with him..... i hope the best for the kid, i would love to have an outfield player at a club like real madrid playing week in and week out......but i think that is still a few years away.....

i think Poland has some great athletes, hence why Germany was able to produce Podolski, Klose, etc out of a small crop of ethnic Poles.....but it really comes down to the program, put a good athlete in a great program and you will get some excellent players.....I think guys like Krol may have been even better if they grew up there if you know what i mean.....

anyways cheers, remember TVP will broadcast the Poland group games, so if you have satellite it should be no problem...if poland advances tvp2 will have the other games......

21. kasia

kasia New Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Klose is not an ethnic Pole. His father complained about him and other ethnic Germans being mistreated or whatever in communist Poland, and their family name doesn't sound Polish.

22. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Klose and Podolski both have Polish blood, the latter has more i believe......if they didn't their families would of been deported long ago after ww2 along with the rest of the ethnic Germans.....but the fact still remains that they applied as "aussielders" to get into Germany, meaning they have German blood as well......in the end they are both partially German and Polish, the percentages i am not sure about though......I think both of them have more Polish blood than German, but Klose may be half/half.....

but in the end its irrelevant i could of just used Trochowski, Polanski, or Tyrala as an example.....and there are even more youth players with Polish roots....

23. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're beating Brazil with a man down? Holy Lord I wish I could've seen this game :(

24. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh
    Awesome Awesome fantastic
    Congrats to the U20 team
    They played very well and really shut down Brasil (Brasil made a little noise after Marcelo came on)
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
    Fantastic goal
    Before the red card we really took it to em too
    Once again the future looks bright,
    now focus on US

25. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Yeah, absolutely awesome. I can't believe how well we played in first half, and how well we defended in the second with 10 tired guys. I think that despite Brazil's statistical domination we were the better team, and deservedly won. My worries: how bad are Janczyk's and Krychowiak's injuries?

Man...I never thought I could almost get a heart attack watching a youth tournament! But many of these guys played as well, if not better, than their adult counterparts. I thought our defense was incredible!

Polski: these games are on Telefutura, or, through Sopcast on Chinese channels!