Two Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by jfranz, Apr 18, 2005.

1. jfranz

jfranz New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Portland, OR
    1. Didn't Mathis also get a yellow against LA? Does that mean he sits against Dallas this weekend?

2. Do we still have a roster spot open? The "official" roster online shows 28, which I thought was the limit. If we do have a roster spot open, what are we looking/waiting for?

2. Czar Pazzo

Czar Pazzo Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Darjeeling Ltd
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Yes. I believe so.

Not sure. Is Tiger Fitzpatrick on there?

3. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You get a one match ban after only two yellow card offenses this year!?!?!?!

I thought you needed to accumulate like 3 or 5 yellows to earn a suspention, unless of course two of those came in the same game.

Regular Season Yellow Card Suspensions and Fines: Fines and suspensions levied against Players for caution point accumulations during the Regular Season are as follows:
    - Player receives a yellow card in THREE (3) consecutive Regular Season Games in which he appears, which cards total more than TEN (10) points: Player is suspended from his next MLS Regular Season Game (1 Game).*
    - Player accrues TWENTY-ONE (21) caution points over the course of the Regular Season: suspended from his next MLS Regular Season Game (1 Game) and fined.
    - After imposition of the first fine for accumulation TWENTY-ONE (21) points, for each additional ELEVEN (11) points a Player accrues during the Regular Season: $1,000 fine and suspended from his next MLS Regular Season Game (1 Game)

4. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, they're obviously confused with the WCQ. During the WCQ, two consecutive yellows earns you a one game inelligibility.

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL has filled 27 of 28 spots.
    Leslie Tiger Fitzpatrick took the 27th spot.

So one more.

6. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004

Actually mlsnet lists 28. Jeff Stewart is the discrepancy. I've seen no official word that he's retired yet or not under contract. If he's not coming back in 2005 then he can be put on season-ending injury reserve and replaced. theloyalists.com doesn't list him on the senior roster, so maybe he has been released, but I haven't seen anything official stating that.