TWO of DCU's Goals Saturday make FSW Top Ten Goals of the Week !

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by RFK 315, Nov 10, 2004.

1. RFK 315

RFK 315 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    ...lurking...
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I'm at the Irish Channel, my local watering hole, last night, telling the owner and bartender (both avid soccer fans) how incredible Saturdays Eastern Conference Final was, specifically how gorgeous all three of our goals were. They were somewhat sceptical, calling MLS a pub league (I haven't been able to drag them to a match yet) and preferring the EPL and Scottish league games they broadcast.

Well, they're showing Fox Sports World and on comes The Goals of The Week. Not getting FSW at home, I've never seen this feature before, and wasn't sure they would include MLS goals (even tho they broadcast some MLS games), but I hoped that they would give props to DCU, and to what I thought were some real beauties.

Sure enough, number Seven in the countdown, I believe, was Christian Gomez's unreal header, and number Three was Alecko's screaming shot, which they replayed a couple of times, including one with the ball lit up white-hot.

My friends were impressed, and I felt somewhat vindicated for talking up the game the way I did.

It was truly excellent to see our boys up there alongside the EPL, Bundesliga, and the Argentine league highlights - I just wonder why Jaime's sweet goal didn't make the cut, and why they weren't One,Two and Three :D

2. BLG

BLG Member

May 13, 2000
    Moses Lake, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I shudder to think what soccer in the US would be like without FSW.

They have been awesome for the game here.

3. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    aleckos was number 2

4. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Us gringos would get the chance to work on our Spanish.

5. RFK 315

RFK 315 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    ...lurking...
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my bad.
    I had a coupla pints in me by then...

6. jackrock

jackrock Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Talcott. WV
    Club:
    DC United

oh contere, mon fere, I have gol tv, and they have english speaking announcers . I don't know how the dish network knows Im not spanish, maybe because i didnt request SAP, but one of the announcers is this guy named ray hudson.....man that sounds familiar...where have I heard of him before???
    ;)

edit
    but yeah FSW makes things lots easier.

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Aleckos goal was awesome but for me Gomez's goal was just simply spectacular. Maybe it's because I had a better view of it, but it was one of the best live goals I've ever seen.

8. Cantankerous

Cantankerous New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    United country
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good thing they're not speaking French! :)

9. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    D'accord mon ami. But like all zeez Ameircains, zey like ze speed not ze slow, beautiful ball, ne 'cest pas? :cool:

Ou est mi beret? (i have no effing idea how to spell that!)

GM

10. BLG

BLG Member

May 13, 2000
    Moses Lake, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gol tv

I'm switching to DISH network next month. How much extra must I spend for gol tv and what can I expect?