TV Rating for Revs vs. Crew Game 3

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Tea Men Tom, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Tea Men Tom

Tea Men Tom Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Gotta like this. From today's Globe, the Revs/Crew does a 1.8 rating -- the Bruins season opener only does a 1.4.

I'll be curious to see what the Final does since the Pats aren't playing.

2. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course we've always conjectured that if the Revs ever fielded a quality side we would draw well. This Sunday will give a clear indication if we were correct.

What would interest me is knowing how many of the Patriot fans who gave a standing ovation to the Revs before last weeks game will come to the match. As you know Mr. Kraft made a pitch for them to come out to support their cousins--The Revs. With the already added attendence by the local soccer faithful associated with the Revs playing, Maple changing their rules allowing their teams to attend, and the Kraft pitch to his 68,000 regulars---this could be a huge crowd.

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I know at least one Patriots fan who'll be there. :)

I guess this is where the question of "what's a huge crowd?" comes into play. Apparently we've already sold now up to 40K in tickets. Would people be satisfied with 50K? Will that be a huge crowd? With the long range forecast saying mid 50s on Sunday, the walk up should hopefully be good.

Hmm ... wonder if maybe we possibly could break the record of 57K for a final. 17K of tickets approximately left to sell in 4 days.

Monty

4. jjx2

jjx2 New Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Hyde Park, Ma
    I know of a couple of people that sit around us or go to the Pats games with us- that have bought tickets for the Cup match. They did not realize that it was the MLS "Superbowl"- by the way none of these have been to a Revs match before...? And add JJx2- that would be 7 more Pats fans beside Monty!!

Jon