TV programmes you hate

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Doctor Stamen, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    I'll do a list when I can be bothered to repeat myself.

2. trickyfool

trickyfool New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Orlando, FL
    Anna Nicole Smith has a new reality show coming out, I think we can all agree to hate that one.

My roomate at college is a sci-fi freak. Thanks to him, I hate almost everything on Sci-fi.

I also hate Dragonball Z, what the hell is the point of that show?

3. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    I second that.

4. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    game shows on prime time
    "reality" based shows
    yellow journalism of news channels

5. thedeuce_2

thedeuce_2 New Member

May 22, 2002
    Virginia
    My brothers' friend says you're on crack and you wouldn't understand DragonBallZ it's too complicated for puney minds like yours.

But personally, I agree!!!

6. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
  7. trickyfool

trickyfool New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Orlando, FL
    Dragonball Z is nothing more than Japanese-looking cartoon characters having seizures and ready to do something. Nothing ever happens, but the characters are mad and ready to go.

8. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    oh my god, i saw a preview for that show on E! and she sounded like she was drunk or something. If they really want to spice up the show, they should put Angelyne on it with her. If you don't know who Angelyne is, she's this chick who has billboards all over L.A. and the Neurotic Outsiders (a band with a Sex Pistols member, a Duran member and 2 GNR members) have a song about her. www.angelyne.com

9. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Anna-Nicole Smith drunk ? Never ! :).

I hate the following:

1. Last of the summer wine (aka old Northerners falling down hills)
    2. Anything with Michael Barrymore in it (turn down any invitation to pool parties from this man ;))
    3. Songs of Praise (only about 5% of the UK ever go to church)
    4. Where the Heart is (bland northern rubbish)
    5. Friends (it's always been rubbish)
    6. TRL/Real life/other MTV programmes like these
    7. Dawson's Creek (no slack-jawed hillbillies or mutant animals to spice it up)
    8. Hollyoaks (aka shite teen soap where all the girls are blonde).
    9. Eastenders/Corrination street/brookside/any other soap you care to mention.
    10. Anything with Richard Blackwood in it (for those who don't know, he's a wannabe Will Smith/Chris Rock)

10. Mefisto

Mefisto Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Århus, Denmark
    Anything with Bob Sagat

OJ Simpson trial was lame too

11. CrazyF.C.

CrazyF.C. New Member

Jun 15, 2001
    Washington D.C.
    king of the hill

12. NorthGoalGang

NorthGoalGang Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Coventry, CT
    I hate The View and that show that's just like The View except with guys. And I hate Oprah and her stupid angels bs.

13. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Forgot about Oprah. What a bunch of simpering idiots. There was one counsellor (sp ?) when I saw it guy named Zhukov, any relation to the famous WW II General ?.

14. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Time to educate

Incorrect Unlike most cartoons that are coming out in the United States that are made to "look like and feel like anime" (Pokemon, Digimon... anything with "mon" in it), it actually is anime. The cartoon series has been around since the mid eighties and hell, there was even a video game out for the original "Dragon Ball" on the first 8 bit Nintendo system called "Dragon Power".

DBZ is pretty much about fighting and power with, albeit, a select few points on honor and Japanese codes. Good vs. bad, etc. There were three series before the show eventually ended in I think 1995. There was Dragonball, with San-Goku as a child -> young adult. The premise is finding 7 dragonballs; when they're brought together, you can make a "wish". Dragonball Z, which focused on the fighting, has a similar premise but there are more bad guys that want to wish for immortality and world domination, etc. Dragonball Z was the most popular, best villians, best sagas.

Then there's Dragonball GT, (Grand Tour), which went back to the original Dragonball premise. That wasn't working, so they went towards the DBZ premise of more fighting before the show eventually concluded.

THe show is old. But it was very ground-breaking. You see a lot of cartoons, shows and other anime copying some of the basic fundamentals from the Dragonball series.

**There are two transformer series out. One on Fox, made to look like Anime. ANd one in Japan, that really is anime. The Japanese one actually started coming onto the Cartoon network, and the difference is like night and day.

15. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    Re: Time to educate

Another reason why DBZ sucks!

Watching DBZ is like watching a baseball game. A lot of spiting, a lot posing, and you will be mystified on how they stretched so little action into a never ending show.

16. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    any of those "reality" shows. american idol. that kinda ************.

17. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    If I had a million dollars, I'd get each one of you a remote control and a subscription to TV Guide, and with the money that's left over, a lot of fried chicken for myself.

18. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    mmmm... fried chicken.

19. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost all of them.

Outside of M*A*S*H*, Cheers & Seinfeld I've seen very little TV worth watching.

20. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    no sooner out of my mouth....I read online yesterday that Angelyne might appear on the Anna Nicole show....does someone from E! read this forum?!!!??

21. Ceebs

Ceebs New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    * The Anna Nicole Smith Show. I know humanizing celebs via reality TV is the trend du jour, but the woman is a running (stumbling, slurring, crawling, falling down...) punchline, and everyone's in on the joke but her.

* I Bet You Will / Fear Factor / Any show where mysterious uncooked animal parts are eaten. Ugh. Next?

* Mind of the Married Man. It's half an hour of Mike Binder exorcising his extramarital desires under the pretense of "acting". Which he doesn't do very well. Why did HBO renew this tripe?

22. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    MTV reality shows like Sorority Life, Real World, Road Rules, I hate that crap.

23. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beat the Geeks. Anyone who has ever been on that show is just an idiot.

24. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Seriously, HBO has a well deserved reputation for putting out quality shows (Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Band of Brothers - even Sex and the City was decent at one point), yet they also have absolute crap like Arli$$ coming back season after season.

25. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    It's for the people who couldn't pass the Wheel of Fortune screen test.