Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Doctor Stamen, Jul 17, 2002.
I'll do a list when I can be bothered to repeat myself.
Anna Nicole Smith has a new reality show coming out, I think we can all agree to hate that one.
My roomate at college is a sci-fi freak. Thanks to him, I hate almost everything on Sci-fi.
I also hate Dragonball Z, what the hell is the point of that show?
I second that.
game shows on prime time
"reality" based shows
yellow journalism of news channels
My brothers' friend says you're on crack and you wouldn't understand DragonBallZ it's too complicated for puney minds like yours.
But personally, I agree!!!
Dragonball Z is nothing more than Japanese-looking cartoon characters having seizures and ready to do something. Nothing ever happens, but the characters are mad and ready to go.
oh my god, i saw a preview for that show on E! and she sounded like she was drunk or something. If they really want to spice up the show, they should put Angelyne on it with her. If you don't know who Angelyne is, she's this chick who has billboards all over L.A. and the Neurotic Outsiders (a band with a Sex Pistols member, a Duran member and 2 GNR members) have a song about her. www.angelyne.com
Anna-Nicole Smith drunk ? Never ! .
I hate the following:
1. Last of the summer wine (aka old Northerners falling down hills)
2. Anything with Michael Barrymore in it (turn down any invitation to pool parties from this man )
3. Songs of Praise (only about 5% of the UK ever go to church)
4. Where the Heart is (bland northern rubbish)
5. Friends (it's always been rubbish)
6. TRL/Real life/other MTV programmes like these
7. Dawson's Creek (no slack-jawed hillbillies or mutant animals to spice it up)
8. Hollyoaks (aka shite teen soap where all the girls are blonde).
9. Eastenders/Corrination street/brookside/any other soap you care to mention.
10. Anything with Richard Blackwood in it (for those who don't know, he's a wannabe Will Smith/Chris Rock)
Anything with Bob Sagat
OJ Simpson trial was lame too
king of the hill
I hate The View and that show that's just like The View except with guys. And I hate Oprah and her stupid angels bs.
Forgot about Oprah. What a bunch of simpering idiots. There was one counsellor (sp ?) when I saw it guy named Zhukov, any relation to the famous WW II General ?.
Time to educate
Incorrect Unlike most cartoons that are coming out in the United States that are made to "look like and feel like anime" (Pokemon, Digimon... anything with "mon" in it), it actually is anime. The cartoon series has been around since the mid eighties and hell, there was even a video game out for the original "Dragon Ball" on the first 8 bit Nintendo system called "Dragon Power".
DBZ is pretty much about fighting and power with, albeit, a select few points on honor and Japanese codes. Good vs. bad, etc. There were three series before the show eventually ended in I think 1995. There was Dragonball, with San-Goku as a child -> young adult. The premise is finding 7 dragonballs; when they're brought together, you can make a "wish". Dragonball Z, which focused on the fighting, has a similar premise but there are more bad guys that want to wish for immortality and world domination, etc. Dragonball Z was the most popular, best villians, best sagas.
Then there's Dragonball GT, (Grand Tour), which went back to the original Dragonball premise. That wasn't working, so they went towards the DBZ premise of more fighting before the show eventually concluded.
THe show is old. But it was very ground-breaking. You see a lot of cartoons, shows and other anime copying some of the basic fundamentals from the Dragonball series.
**There are two transformer series out. One on Fox, made to look like Anime. ANd one in Japan, that really is anime. The Japanese one actually started coming onto the Cartoon network, and the difference is like night and day.
Re: Time to educate
Another reason why DBZ sucks!
Watching DBZ is like watching a baseball game. A lot of spiting, a lot posing, and you will be mystified on how they stretched so little action into a never ending show.
any of those "reality" shows. american idol. that kinda ************.
If I had a million dollars, I'd get each one of you a remote control and a subscription to TV Guide, and with the money that's left over, a lot of fried chicken for myself.
mmmm... fried chicken.
Almost all of them.
Outside of M*A*S*H*, Cheers & Seinfeld I've seen very little TV worth watching.
no sooner out of my mouth....I read online yesterday that Angelyne might appear on the Anna Nicole show....does someone from E! read this forum?!!!??
* The Anna Nicole Smith Show. I know humanizing celebs via reality TV is the trend du jour, but the woman is a running (stumbling, slurring, crawling, falling down...) punchline, and everyone's in on the joke but her.
* I Bet You Will / Fear Factor / Any show where mysterious uncooked animal parts are eaten. Ugh. Next?
* Mind of the Married Man. It's half an hour of Mike Binder exorcising his extramarital desires under the pretense of "acting". Which he doesn't do very well. Why did HBO renew this tripe?
MTV reality shows like Sorority Life, Real World, Road Rules, I hate that crap.
Beat the Geeks. Anyone who has ever been on that show is just an idiot.
Seriously, HBO has a well deserved reputation for putting out quality shows (Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Band of Brothers - even Sex and the City was decent at one point), yet they also have absolute crap like Arli$$ coming back season after season.
It's for the people who couldn't pass the Wheel of Fortune screen test.