Turn on YES

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Usmaman, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Usmaman

Usmaman Member

Jun 22, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Zach Wells is on Mike and the Mad Dog, they definitely strayed from the topic quickly, but they're back to soccer.

Mike and Mike did not seem to know a lot, and not much insight was given anywhere about anything, since they did not talk Metros a lot.

2. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    saw it.

Apparently you only need to save 2 out of 5 kicks to win the penalties. :) Can't blame Mike and Mike too much for not knowing the nuances of the game since they probably have only seen a handful ever.

3. kjo199

kjo199 Member

Mar 29, 2005
    NYC
    They ruined his update by not giving him the score for the Cubs-Nats game. he also looked confused when the 20/20 sports jingle came on but he did a great job with the rest of it. I also thought i heard a Metros fan in the background. Their questions were pretty bad but i cant knock them for trying, plus im suprised they aren't asleep by now. Will you go to the premier League later on? Right now his concern is keeping his starting job Chris.

4. JonnyFriction

JonnyFriction New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    New York
    I dunno how I feel about the interview. I would've definitely liked to hear a little more MLS and Metro promotion. Soccer fans stateside rarely get an opportunity to have the sport getting covered in the NY media. I think if Mike and the Mad Dog would have questioned Zach about MLS and the Metros, allowing him to get the word out about soccer in the US, the visit would have been better. Oh well, there's always next year's 24 hour marathon.

PS: Mad Dog looks like he's completely lost his mind. :D

5. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Was there a list of questions?

Zach did a nice job, especially when "thrown" to the Sports Flash.
    Russo (& me) surprised that Zach never heard of Gordon Banks - showing our age.

6. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Anyone wonder why they picked Wells to do this?

Its was so Meola could clean out his locker while Wells was busy.

7. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say it was the kiss of death for Wells to do this.

8. pasoccerdave

pasoccerdave Member

Mar 30, 2004
    SE Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So zach was the mystery Metro, huh? Interesting concept, and nice fund raiser idea, but Doggie was spent the last time I listened around 1:30 pm.