turkish transfer rumors

Discussion in 'Turkey' started by yeniceri, Oct 27, 2003.

1. yeniceri

yeniceri New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    chestnutridge new york
    i was thinking that maybe we should sticky this thread for all transfer speculation
    please share your thoughts on this issue.....

i've already mentioned the basturk transfer in an earlier post so i figure i'll start this post with the transfer question of necati ates and ibrahim toroman
    besiktas and galatasary are after ates along with toroman
    i haven't seen either of these players very much so i'd love to hear all comments you may have about toroman and ates

2. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Yeah, and apparently Hertha Berlin people said today that they've got bugger all to do with Alpay Ozalan as he is yesterday's news. His manager had tried to punt him in Galatasaray at some point but got denied. All made up and nowhere to go. Probably he'll be playing for a team in 3rd division or something quite soon. May be he retires after all, he's been paid good money so far, he must have stashed some of that underneath the matress for later.

He shot himself in the foot with that Beckham thingie. He was not supposed to do that.

3. molosztash

molosztash New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Ibrahim Toraman and Necati Ates

Ibrahim: He is a defender playing for Gaziantepspor. Playing for U21 Team for last two years, he is a hot prospect for the national team either. I think he will start playing for the NT, as soon as Gunes is kicked out.

Necati: He is a powerful forward but I didn't watch him very much either. He is like Hakan-style...

Alpay: I hope he plays for Real Hell or Hell United soon.

Yildiray: I don't think Gala can buy a player from even the third division with these financial conditions...
    :)

4. yeniceri

yeniceri New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    chestnutridge new york
    barish states:

<Yeah, and apparently Hertha Berlin people <saidtoday that they've got bugger all to do with <Alpay Ozalan as he is yesterday's news. His <manager had tried to punt him in Galatasaray at <some point but got denied. All made up and <nowhere to go. Probably he'll be playing for a <team in 3rd division or something quite soon. May <be he retires after all, he's been paid good money <so far, he must have stashed some of that <underneath the matress for later.

<He shot himself in the foot with that Beckham <thingie. He was not supposed to do that.

Your theory is just about as much on point as richards theory about the earth being flat. First off i can't seem to pinpoint the reasons for your utter bias toward alpay, it must be utter bias since no half intelligent soccer fan would ever make a statement such as " he'll end up in the 3rd division " i'll bet my pants he'll end up on a top flight team very soon. The fact you live in the kingdom might be the reason you'd make a ludicrous statement such as " HE was not supposed to do that "
    He wasn't supposed to do what????? Get in beckhams face? Things like that happen in soccer. It wasn't what alpay did, it was who he did it too. Mr. english media superstar feeding the frenzie of a western so-called civilization culture whos dullards would lay down and die for this assbackward superstars. Now if we go with your logic about how what alpay did was so wrong, warrenting what happend to him, then i guess by admission gerard getting in bulents face in the same manner should also bring about such crazy repercussions?
    This whole situation stinks of racist, ethnocentric, double standard english culture.

To the rest of the posters

Excuse my anger but statements along the lines of how dare a turkish player ever get in the face of mr pretty beckham really really gets me riled up.

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, on the other hand, we have an Englishman (Keown) who got in the face of a Dutchman (van Niestlrooy) and has recieved a massive fine and suspension.Media was full of how poor and deplorable his actions were.

It was even over the exact same thing--a missed penalty.

Double standard?

ethnocentric?

Racist?

Not at all.

Blown out of all proportion ?--hell yes.

6. yeniceri

yeniceri New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    chestnutridge new york
    the incident you speak of blue was totally different
    that incident lead to violence...
    it was almost as though van nistelroy was jumped by the entire arsenal team

i was watching that game.... totally different situation

7. yeniceri

yeniceri New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    chestnutridge new york
    also this play you speak of, was his life threatened??
    did people break into his house due to this incident?
    did the media entice people to attack him?
    no
    no
    and no
    totally different situation
    nor did the media plaster his face on the front pages labeling him " public enemy number 1 "

8. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Yeniçeri,

Excuse me mate, but you are talking absolute shi/te. What the hell have my statements got to do with your "how dare blah blah blah" theory? First, I'm a Turk and I couldn't give two fu/cks about what happened to Beckham or any other English player. The fact is, Alpay has been a tw/at on that occasion and done no favours whatsoever to neither himself nor the Turkish NT. I'd rather discuss this with you in Turkish so we wouldn't give the joker away to the English here, but in the end if he shut the fu/ck up and did his job properly as a defender before that penalty was given away he would have done a better job.

Yes, that babyface called David Beckham is a twisted liar and the whole world is dazzled by his £2k-a-time haircut and designer clothes so every word that comes out of his mouth is accepted by most out there, without even checking whether it is true or not, and his comments about what Alpay said to him about his mother and stuff is utter bollocks, you can see he is making it up and lying when he is murmurring in front of cameras, but it's an easy way out, a lie that you can get away with.

On the other hand, our tough guy Alpay is aware of what he's done, he's fu/cked up big time, so he is now trying to get away with it by pushing that "spat-on-my-sacred-crescent-star" thingie in front expecting us to stand by him. Oh, come on...

The only time I'll be proud of him as a Turk is when he blocks the ball off our goal-line with that crescent-star in the 94th minute when we are 1-0 leading, but not when he is trying to put "psychological pressure", with his words, on an effete two-faced twisted liar but otherwise a highly skillful player in football terms whether we like it or not, who has just missed the first penalty of his quite remarkable career in the most embarassing way.

And Alpay didn't need to match Beckham's embarassment that day. That's not what Mr Ozalan is on the pitch for. And we also saw the extent of his communication skills during his tenure with Aston Villa. Compare it with fellow player Tugay Kerimoglu. How well they get on with people, how they make others accept and respect their existence in a team.

And your comments about me living in UK and being under the influence of English media brainwash and stuff. You are out of your mind. In the city where I live, you couldn't be hated more than an English. The whole Scottish life is based on hating English, if you took English from them they wouldn't know what to do, who to hate. Are you talking about me being dazzled by that?

You are being too emotional.

Rant over.

9. yeniceri

yeniceri New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    chestnutridge new york
    you didn't include which 3 division team you think alpay will end up on

10. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    I couldn't care less. That's his concern and none of mine.

As long as he shuts his mouth and kicks that ball away from his goal that's fine by me, I don't care where he does it and who he does it for. He doesn't even need to score a hat-trick again, as he did against Macedonia four-five years ago.

He had his good times and will be remembered for that, but he started to dwell on the credit he's accummulated through the years and eventually squandered it all.

Not a good way to pursue a career, is it?

11. yeniceri

yeniceri New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    chestnutridge new york
    a whole career squandered by getting in one guys face after a penalty kick????
    how exactly does that work?

12. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    He started squandering it one and a half seasons ago. England game was when he broke the camel's back.

13. gantelo

gantelo New Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Istanbul
    I am on Baris`s side in this one. Alpay is an idiot and he should suffer from the things he did. He is not a normal person. My only concern about him is his children. It must be really hard for them to live with that kind of a man. Think about this yeniceri. If an Englishman is playing for a club in Turkey and he says things like ''we are 5 times stronger than you are'', '' we have 11 emre belozoglu`s in England'', and does the same things alpay did, to Nihat or Tugay after he misses a penalty, wouldnt you be pissed off. Alpay said '' I tried to start a psychological war against them but it didnt work''. Well, why did he start a war? And why didnt he win the war which hes started. He cost us the game.
    BTW, I think he will end up in Siirt Jetpa.

14. molosztash

molosztash New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Living in Turkey, and with no probability of getting brainwashed by English media, I completely agree with you, gantelo. I don't have a single friend of mine that loves Alpay. He is a mindless muscle collector, that's all. He was the responsible for the National Team's elimination on two successive Euro Champs in 1996 and 2000.

In 96 he didn't make the professional foul on Goran Vlaovic of Croatia in the opening match on 89th minute. He scored the goal and we lost it 1-0.

Four years later, he hit Couto with a fist and left the team ten players just in the first half.

Then, his father said "In 96 you got angry with Alpay because he wasn't sent off, but this time you get angry with him because he was sent off. He doesn't know what to do." What a funny sentence. Every 5-year-old child knows what's the time to be sent off, and what's not. But Alpay doesn't have a brain, he is directed by his insticts.

And finally, I think he planned all these things. He fought with Beckham because, he wanted to be sacked from Villa. That was the only way for him to get rid of England.

15. mad4footie

mad4footie Member

Oct 31, 2003
    New England
    I agree...I think Alpay thought it would speed his transfer, but it seems to have backfired.

Anyone else think there is something very fishy about the situation with Rüstü in Barcelona? Also, where do you think he will end up in January?

16. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Hey mad4footie, whereabouts are you in New England pal? CT, MA, NH, RI? I'd toured about a lot in there last year. Got some friends living there...

17. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    does anyone know if Rusut is starting at Barca now, Ricard (sp?) said he wont play Rustu until he learns Spanish. Hopefully he is playing.

18. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Rijkaard.

19. mad4footie

mad4footie Member

Oct 31, 2003
    New England
    Barca have only used Rüstü for a friendly in Mexico and the 2nd UEFA cup game in the past couple months.

Barish, I'm in Providence RI...just down the road from Gillette Stadium in Foxboro Mass.

I was in Scotland briefly last spring...beautiful country and very friendly people.

20. yeniceri

yeniceri New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    chestnutridge new york
    <I agree...I think Alpay thought it would speed his <transfer, but it seems to have backfired.

<Anyone else think there is something very fishy <about the situation with Rüstü in Barcelona? Also, <where do you think he will end up in January?

I believe rustu will probably end up being transfered to another spanish team, perhaps a midtable type team.

21. yeniceri

yeniceri New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    chestnutridge new york
    I have this feeling that Fener is going to make a splash during the transfer window, probably something big. Maybe fabiano? They have so much money i just get this feeling something big is going to happen.
    Any thoughts?