TURKEY vs. ENGLAND

Discussion in 'England' started by silahsiz kuvvet, Sep 14, 2002.

1. silahsiz kuvvet

silahsiz kuvvet New Member

Sep 12, 2002
    istanbul
    There will be two games one in ISTANBUL and one in London. So what do you guys say lets have some predictions.

2. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    England play the home match in Sunderland (not london) .

3. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    It's going to be close, and may get a bit violent. I do hope we've secured qualication or a play-off place before we go to Istanbul. Getting a result there may cost our players a few teeth as well.

4. silahsiz kuvvet

Sep 12, 2002
    istanbul
    How close is Sunderland to the Heathrow International airport. Is it close to London.

By the way are you sure that the game will be in Sunderland

5. aliyuruk

aliyuruk New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    yes

will be played at stadium of light..

i predict 2-1 turkey (arif (2), owen)in sunderland.. 4-0 turkey (arif (2), sas, emre) in istanbul...

6. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    They'll be a massive police prescence and they purposely played this away from Manchester or Leeds.

who will qualify Fearless TURKS or hooligan Brits

I think you mean backstabbing Turks... :D

7. silahsiz kuvvet

Sep 12, 2002
    istanbul
    I think you watched a lot of Midnight Express

8. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That should read Fearless Turks or Hooligan English. In football Britain doesn't exist and neither do 'Brits'.

9. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's not close at all, about 250 miles.

If you're going to the match you'd be better off trying to get a flight to Manchester or Glasgow airport.

10. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Re: yes

Aint you the same mug who predicted Fenerbahce would be outsiders for the champions league??
    LOL get real ,fool.

You're dreaming if you think you can pull off results like that .Your home address must be "cloud cuckoo land" .

11. Foxhound

Foxhound Red Card

Jun 15, 2000

Still doesnt come close to the two 8-0 we gave you back in the 80's. Istanbul 8-0 to England, haha I bet you felt humble

12. Chairboy

Chairboy New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    London, England
    I'm hoping we would have secured qualification by the time we play you in Turkey. I don't see you causing us too many problems in Sunderland.

13. aliyuruk

aliyuruk New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Re: Re: yes

yea right i have been galatasaray supporter my whole life i knew from the beginning fenerbahce can't do ************ in europe (kind of like england nowadays)

14. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Re: Re: Re: yes

So you're comparing us to fenerbahce??
    If you think we're gonna play like fenerbahce you'll be in for an unpleasant suprise .Just like the argie's got in the world cup .

We're a cut above sides like China ,japan ,moldova ,etc... Even sweden were able to beat turkey in the 2002 qualifiers.
    dont get your hopes up .
    Maybe you'll actually manage to score a goal against us for the first time ,but dont bet money on it .

15. kenodoki

kenodoki New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Leeds, England

I'm always really amused by 'experts' who can predict games so well. Aparently Germany was going to destroy us ('No one goes to Munich and wins' they said) and Argentina were going to send us home from the World cup ('They're the best team in the world, you don't have a chance!' they laughed). How good it felt when they were proved wrong. The gloating has never stopped.

16. Kasia_09

Kasia_09 New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Vienna, Austria
    When's the match exactly??

Gonna go watch it with my best friend from school (who happens to be Turkish) in a BRITISH pub filled with people from my school (90% British) and cheer whenever Turkey scores!

En buyuk Turkiye!

17. funkidaniel2001

funkidaniel2001 New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    swindon
    April the 6th I do believe........

Oh and we are gonna be class ;o)

Dan

18. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This matchup is for the group. Slovakia, Macedonia, and Liechenstein are along for the ride. England, but it will not be easy.

19. funkidaniel2001

funkidaniel2001 New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    swindon
    Nothing ever is in football, but I would be surprised if we didn’t top the group by the end of qualification

20. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    I didnt think that school kids were allowed in pubs .
    Ooh you gonna get some fake ID to get served??

ROFL

21. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Right. Its only the English that are hooligans!

Actually, England has cleaned up its act pretty well.

22. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    But sadly, it seems to be making a bit of a comeback in recent years, the recent Watford/Luton game being an example. Hopefully this can be stopped before it becomes too big. At least the authorities here are trying to get to grips with the problem, unlike other leagues in Europe.

P.S. It is hooligan Brits, as any person who has been to a Cardiff/Swansea, or a particullarly important Old Firm game may testify.

23. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's not what I meant when I corrected him. He's referring to the England team and it's fans hence English not 'Brits'.

24. sydtheeagle

sydtheeagle New Member

May 21, 2002
    Oxfordshire
    There is an airport at Newcastle and if you can't get a flight there, Edinburgh is the next best bet. 1.5 hour train ride direct down the east coast line.

25. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wasn't sure if there's be flights from Turkey to Newcastle, likewise with Edinburgh.