Turf?!?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by The Canandien WizKid, Nov 24, 2004.

1. The Canandien WizKid

Oct 11, 2004
    Mississauga, ont, Ca
    I'm playing a game Sunday on a type of shaggy turf(the one with the rubber...spec thingies?) And it will be wet presumably with the weather right now. Would you recommend Bladed Kleets or Studs?

Inquiring minds need to know!!

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Usually on the rubber fleck astro turf you can't wear (metal) blades. In the winter months we train on those kind of pitches and i've never had any real problems when its been wet and i've just worn my moulded studs on there.

I always find the grip on that kind of turf is the same no matter what the weather is like so it shouldnt really be slippy even if it does get wet.

One thing i will say though is that rubber fleck stuff absolutely trashes vapors.

appleCORR

3. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    Moulded boots are ok for turf... I played in my F50s for 10 mins but I had problem with the insoles moving all over the place in the shoes, don't know why, never had this problem with other boots before.

4. The Canandien WizKid

Oct 11, 2004
    Mississauga, ont, Ca
    thnx i'll wear my cheap reebuks then, don't need damage vapours...though i could just send them in for a replacement...

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    that kind of turf is ok to play on. But i just find it wrecks your boots. Even if you wear leather boots it really scuffs them up.

The other problem is sometimes you can get too much of a grip from it and when you try and turn it holds onto your studs for too long and you find yourself not being able to move for a split second.

appleCORR

6. Soccerbest7

Soccerbest7 New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    What I hate about playing on turf is that it's harder to pass the ball in the air

7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I dont have that problem its just sometimes my turns arent always as sharpe as they could be if i were playing on grass. But suppose its better than playing indoors in the winter least you get to train properly.

appleCORR

8. lillefty7

lillefty7 New Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Bismarck
    I play on that shaggy turf all of the time its our home field for high school. I wear the same shoes on those as i do on grass and dont experience any problems.