Turf Monster got Rimando. Metro Vs DC Pre-Match Thread 9-28

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by GIO17, Sep 27, 2003.

1. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Nick Rimando is done for the season with the Torn Left ACL. That Turf Monster got him pretty good Thursday night.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=278748&cc=5901

No Rimando for Sunday. No Rimando for the Open Cup Semi-Finals on Wednesday.

Let's have a better performence when Doug Warren mans the nets and turn him into Swiss Cheese.

2. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    You've neglected to consider the possibility that Warren is better than Rimando. Nicky gifted us a goal last time we played in DC, and who is to say he would not have been able to pull another flub out of his hat?

On the game, with no Guevara maybe this team concentrates more and plays disciplined soccer. Or maybe we have a crap mid-field game and play like ass. It's hard to say. Lisi and Mathis are going to have to come up huge, and Clark is going to need to return to his early season form. Similarly, our defense (esp wings) are going to need to knock Olsen's block off early and often, he had a lot of balls going through him on Thursday.

I'm optimistically hoping we can score early and frustrate them into losing a 1-0 game. Seems to be our only shot these days. If you go on the form of both teams, they should win 3-0. But phuck that.

Soy de Metro.

3. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Jamison. Don't remind me after seeing those two shots that should have been goals turned into saves. But I think that now with Guevara suspended and Clint in the Midfield with Lisi. I would like to think that they can put something together and it looks like Gaven is gonna be used as a starter probably.

I can see Woly & juskowiak as the back ups.

4. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    No Guevara for today; no Clint for Wed.

vs. no Rimando for DC.

Plus, DC have Stewart and Ceritos combining well,
    minus we have no one combining with anyone, just Guevara and Woly getting lucky on a one-shot deal.

I don't like the math. It reminds me of my 401k.

5. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Whats the status of Hristo and Etch ? I know Hristo was a little up in the air with his knee but I think Ray might of simply rested Marco for Sunday. I know their both old but I could see them having their way with us. A few good balls down the wing from Marco to Hristo and then flipped on to Earnie or Ronald and we might be in trouble.

I'd actually like to see Addo get the start again. I know that foul up cost us a goal but Joe sure did work his tail off all night. Hopefully Bob will actually start Edgar on the wing instead of Digi. I really think Edgar could puzzle Olsen, Benny doesn't do well against players that are as or more agile then himself. Mathis and Edgar could work very well together, especially if going against some of the vets. on DC. We really haven't had the chance to see both Clint and Edgar play together while they are both playing with their A games, so hopefully this might be a feasable tandem.