Tuesday practice

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Oct 15, 2003.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Alex Sanz

Alex Sanz New Member

Apr 6, 2000
    TX
    If a decision has to be made between Deering and Pareja, I would take Pareja in a heartbeat.

3. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Under Clarke, one or both could stay.

Under anyone but Clarke, they are both gone.

Burn zero four has nothing, nothing to do with winning in zero four.

A totally new coach will be given one command: Win ten games in zero four, but your job depends on if you Make the playoffs in zero five. To do that he needs both roster spots that Deering and Pareja occupy in zero four.

The Burn rebuilding job is a 20 game project.

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

ughhh.....that speaks a lot for the rest of the D

hey is he talking about Big Soccer?

5. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a crappy, depressing team.

I guess no one seems like fighting for a job - at least not a job with the Burn.

6. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I just posted this in another thread, but it's probably more appropriate here.

Deering and Pareja could be invaluable for this team next year, ON THE BENCH. We need someone like Davis or O'brien to step up at A-mid and we need a stud SI d-mid in the center of the field. If we had that, having guys like Deering and Pareja as our bench would be premium depth. If they only had to come in for late game situations, or only to fill in for injuries, we'd have the most experienced veteran subs in the league for that part of the field. The question is will they play for bench money.

7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Nice to read that Salyer's gonna get a start. Here's hoping he gets two.

I think this kid can play in MLS. He's never gonna be star but he can be a solid starter.

But, to get there, he needs minutes and what better time to give them to him than games that don't count?

I mean, who is going to get more out of starting these last two games, and thus make them more valuable to the Burn, Phil or Ezra?

BTW, I hope Urbas gets a start at left mid, too.

8. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    No, he's talking about one of the numerous other media forums where MLS and the Dallas Burn are discussed.

Oh wait.

9. BurnFanMan

BurnFanMan New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    El Paso
    I hope to see Salyer start the game against KC so if he performs well (or even if he doesn't) he can be given another chance against Colorado.

Not really sure about Deering and Pareja. IMO the team is worse this year without them, but that may change next year, and will certainly change by 2005. You would think rebuilding would be a bad word for these two.

When I read clarke's comments about behnke I thought he was talking about the TV announcers and website people blaming him for the Donovan assist to the Bin Laden lookalike at San Jose. Wouldn't that be interesting if the coaches read the boards?

I always look forward to the reports from 3rddegree. I also like the Jordan Stone pieces, he seemed like a really well spoken and genuine kid. No wonder everyone speaks so highly of his habits.