Tuca Ferreti's Performance

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, Sep 15, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    [​IMG]

...what do you think so far about this guy?...or what do you think about his performance as the team moves on this season(s?)...use this thread for such tuca related comments...

...to be honest, i don't like his style and never really wanted him as a candidate for the job...however i did mention that (when he spoke about his proyect) his goal on paper looked pretty straight forward, reasonable, and he has lived up to it so far...i don't like his style much because is not very flashy but under our situation i accept it (i wanted tolo gallego) since i knew that was the style needed to ensure points...

...there is still a way to go...i keep on wishing him success, but i am not putting my hopes up...

2. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Well, as you know, Franco, I am a relative newcomer to Pumas (and Mexico), so I am not really au fait with the long history of Tuca at the club, but so far I do like what he's done....

...he is flexible on tactics, and OK, people may call it dull or defensive, but its intelligent football, and I really have been enjoying it this season...

...he has really got his players singing from the same songsheet, we are playing as a team again, and that seems to include his vision on the pitch too..

... I do like the way he seems to up the gear when he senses blood, and the players get that too, and we have some very serious focussed attacking peroids in most games, which come whenever the opposition least want them, and are quite vicious - thats a hard thing to communicate, and he seems to do it effortlessely...

... so in short I find myself broadly disagreeing with you, Franco, which must mean I am wrong :confused: but I like what I've seen, and where we are going...

...that said, Tolo Gallego gave Coco his first taste of the big time in Argentina, so maybe he would have been a good choice...

3. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...well explained my friend...i dont know why you find yourself broadly disagreeing with me:confused: ...i mean, we are both pretty much in line in comments on previous games...maybe our only difference is that i tend to favor pikolin a lil bit more than you do...

...but based on what you have described here, i am with you almost 100%...

4. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Tuca has done great up to now so hopefully he doesn't f**ks it up. I know his style isn't great and he has his fame, but most of his famous screw ups have been in the liguillas. He has had superlider seasons with Morelia and Tigres and has had some other great regular season and that is what we need. He needs to rack the points there so if he can do it, its all good.

5. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    Indeed, his style may not be visually appealing, but as long as Pumas are climbing their way up the relegation table, it's all good. I wasn't in favor of him becoming the teams coach because his past couple teams not only played bad football, but they also didn't win most of the time.

Ferretti is doing a good job at the moment. I don't have many complains against him except that he should sometimes give more playing time to the youngsters when Pumas is up by a comfortable margin in the second half of games, such as last weeks match against Monterrey where he decided not to use his third sub.

6. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...good strategy overall for tuca against chivas...just wished he did not repeat the fact that he left espinosa in when he had a yellow, i guess we got lucky cuz chivas got kinda tired of going on that side towards the end of the game...i wanted castro to be taken back in the place of espinosa so we could bring in someone like toledo in the place of castro...oh, well, it all worked out fine at the end...we could had used more our right side, hoping for maza to mess it up...

...i will give tuca an 9 out of 10 on this one...

7. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...what were you freaking thinking???...

[​IMG]

REPROBADO:mad:

8. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    The main problem with Tuca is that his system doesn't allow for us conceding a goal first.....but we keep doing it....

9. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    So far he hasn't let me down. Because I wasn't expecting anything else of what he's doing, I knew before the season that we were going to stuggle, and play ugly football, but at least I know he'll save the team from relegation.

He can stay for the rest of the season, but for the 2007-2008 I expect the officers to do some changes and get us a much different team, not necesarly in players, but in attitude.

One last thing, if we are going to have some strikers missing big chances and playing like crap, I'll rather have a Mexican youngster from Cantera doing it, that some old foreigns. We have one of the top strikers in Primera A, with Pedro Solis, we have to give the guy a chance in Primera, Daniel Alanis and specially 18 year old Pablo Barrera should also get more time in Primera, I saw that kid Barrera the other day in Primera A, he took the ball on midfield and went all the way to score a very nice goal against Indios, sure he might not be able to do that in Primera, but you won't know if you don't give him a chance.

10. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    I think you know I am not so annoyed about having non-mexicans in the league, for a lot of reasons, however, I must say I agree 100% with you on this occasion....

11. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...about tuca vs. amierdica...

...i am with you almost all the way kapi about the coaching, his short term future with pumas, and cantera...the reprobado pix i got of tuca just refers to the game against amierdica...

...first i was also expecting the coaching situation to be like this for these two seasons...it was just this game against america i though coaching sucked big time...i mean you take out scocco and leandro, why not pareja since we are at it?...we lost the chances to get back into the game right there, that was a moral brow to the players on the field...

...second, about letting stay or go...i would say let him stay until after summer 2007 if he gets us out of the red zone in a resonable way...then see if he changes the way it plays, the attitude on the team, and continue to give more chances to our cantera...

...at this point is looking like our forwards are not getting the job done even though they have plenty of experience so why not give a shot to having even 2-3 cantera forwards start...scocco, pareja, and leandro could stay feeding them with passes...