Tryouts - Here's your chance!

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by ej_dad, Jan 23, 2004.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    look out EJ, here I come.

2. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Signs of change?

Both the local Univision and Telemundo affiliates had segments covering this scouting session last night.

Perhaps it is a sign that HSG has started greasing the wheels behind the scenes to restablish their credibility with the hispanic market.

3. Massgeno_Side

Massgeno_Side New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Texas
    Even if GE and CC bring back an SA midfielder, the team is still one or two hispanic players away from regaining the loyal hispanic fans who enjoyed Graziani, Cerritos, Zarco and Pareja. If the Burn have two hispanic starters, that would help, but three would be ideal.

Then again, many of those hispanics were walk-ups at the Cotton Bowl. And now that the parking situation has changed, it may keep them away regardless.

But, the move to Frisco will change this dynamic anyway. That's why I believe any efforts on GE's behalf will be measured.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you are saying that walkups had season parking passes? Nothing has changed for walkup parking.

Hispanics are not of one mind. Many will be very happy to see the Burn play in a beautiful new stadium. Frisco and Collin county have many Hispanics residents, I doubt they will upset about the team moving closer and those from Fort Worth and tarrant county will be as close by going up Hwy 121.

5. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Plus Frisco has alot more things that are within 15 minutes of the stadium and not too far out of the way.

6. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    Wouldn't it be nice if we still had Suarez.