TRX SG boots...

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by metropolis2k, Nov 5, 2004.

1. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    I'll start off by saying I'm not a fan of the standard configuration of 6 studs usually. They tend to hurt my feet and I don't feel comfortable playing in them. I use the FG Traxion at the moment (F50s) and I'm loving them. Lots of grip usually and they're very comfortable. I'm just thinking of picking up a pair of Pulses on the cheap and wondering (as the pitches I've been playing on for the past month have been so wet - almost too wet for FG boots) if it's worth my while getting some SG ones.

What I'm wondering is, how is the SG traxion? I know you can get different stud lengths so I was just hoping someone with experience in plenty of different boots could shine some light on it for me! Do they feel just like normal studs, or do they feel like the FG traxion with a bit more grip?

Cheers :)

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When i used to wear preds i found the SG version really comfy and i cant normally wear studs. I prefer all my boots to be FG. But the preds were a good pair of boots in SG you couldnt feel the studs on your feet and its the same sole lay out as the FG so can't see you having too much of a problem?

appleCORR

3. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Damn that's a speedy reply! ;)

Cheers for that, it's a great help. I've always wanted those blue Pulses and now prodirectsoccer.com have them cheap so I thought I'd pop into town tomorrow and see how they feel.

I really shouldn't buy another pair but my excuse is they're cheap and I can save them for next season hehe.

Thanks!

4. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    One thing about those Pulses...I've had mine for more than a year and the synthetic bits under the stripes near the arches ripped at the seams. Its really hard to fix because it flexes there a lot. Also, over time the boot will become real uncomfortable if you dont play on nice pitches. You may need to replace the insole.

5. Becks23

Becks23 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    how soft are the pitches your playing on? I can't see 6 bangers hurting if the pitch is soft?

6. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    The shoes have been worn so much that the stud pressure is not that great on pretty much any pitch. Not so bad that I'd stop wearing them all together, just not very desireable. Still top class boots. I wore them to much on hard gounds when I first got them, so that probably has a lot to do with it. Also, these are not six-bangers. They are the regular 8-stud config. SG Pulses.

7. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    I don't know, I just don't really like the feel of them. I guess I prefer my weight being spread out over lots of studs, and being spread out more evenly than the 6 usual configuration which seems to hurt the balls of my feet.

8. DaMunk

DaMunk Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Philadelphia/STX
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    US Virgin Islands
    I would guess that if you are feeling stud pressure, the pitches you are playing on are too firm for SGs.

9. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Well it's not just the stud pressure. It's hard to explain, I just don't like the feeling of all my weight being on the 6 studs - you get a certain feeling underfoot I don't like. After trying on some SG TRX boots they seem like they'd be ok for me.

10. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    I agree, been wearing preds for years and just recently switched to sg vapors, the stud feel kinda weird to the point I'd call the middle-exterior stud uncomfortable, but the boots have such a big upside im willing to look past this for now.
    In my experience, the sg traxion is absolutely fine, for well sg. Pretty much all year round, but if u do cover alot of ground in a game and don't have particularly hard soles on ur own feet, then rock-hard end of season (uk) pitches prolly gonna want moulds.
    Having said that, as u do seem to have issue wid sg studs in general, well I would say the fg pulse's are prolly good to go all year, a few peeps wore them today and it was very wet and boggy in the game. The studs r very long for fg, much longer at the back than on the accelerators, which back in the day had moulded fins on the sg (the 6-stud/banger was more a special makeup for pro's and wasn't on general release 2mk).

So if the most important thing in ur book is comfort, then the trade-off for traction is pretty minimal so I'd say get the moulded fg's and wear them all year round, if u budgeted to one shoe that is.

Otherwise a different pair every game is my suggestion, well, 2 pairs, one color per foot

As we all kno colored boots make u play better!!!

11. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Hehe good post.

I think I've decided it's a good move to get them. That way I can pick pick and choose depending on the surface - and that means both pairs of boots will last me longer. Another thing is the F50s are bad for wet weather as they get so waterlogged.

And if I can't pick which pair to wear - I can choose depending on the colour kit we're wearing ;)

12. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Feel free to rep my azz then!
    Dammit, no game today so watched our reserves, my poor vapors itching in their |GOLD carry bag :D :D

13. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    In the end I didn't feel comfortable in the Pulses - they didn't fit right (too long and narrow) which is odd because the F50s fit me pretty well and they're supposed to be narrower!

I haven't got a game for like 2 weeks either which sucks. It's just going to be training twice a week.