Trump Presidency X-like American History X, but without the laughs

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Jan 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a US Senator pushing conspiracy theories!
    1229073825431724033 is not a valid tweet id

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    He probably got it from the Daily Fail. Between Fox and Mail they never fail.

Did coronavirus originate in Chinese government laboratory? Scientists believe killer disease may have begun in research facility 300 yards from Wuhan wet fish market

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-originate-Chinese-government-laboratory.html

3. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Imagine living next to this asshole...

[​IMG]

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  5. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I think the arson squad would call it an electrical problem.

Those people and the GOP are what we’re up against.

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if I'm more offended as a person of faith or as an American.

song219 and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  7. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The irony is the Republicans are the ones who talk about the importance of having a President who is internationally respected, then they elect first W, then this clown.

Pønch, roby, usscouse and 3 others repped this.
  8. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    MAGAts have gone from "I like him cause he's not PC like other pols and will shake things up in DC" to "bow down before your Lord Savior, peons" Textbook cult-like behavior.

dapip and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  9. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    They always wanted a president who shits his diapers on the regular

dapip repped this.
  10. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That is true. I read an article about how the tenor of his rallies have changed. People dontcome to hear him tell it like it is, as they did in 2016. Now they come to hear The Legend. He is half Jesus, half Jim Morrison.

11. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this a trait for Evangelicals? I seem to recall Bush the Younger getting some level of deification. Perhaps not to this degree, but there were definitely references to him being on a crusade and such. Obama definitely got the "He's a devil/antichrist" treatment.

12. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    What do you expect from the temple of sky unicorns and grift?

fatbastard repped this.
  13. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They say "respected." They mean "feared." And while Trump is little more than a bloviating hemorrhoid on the body politic, he is not stable and has the nuke codes. So his base is good with him.

russ, luftmensch, Pønch and 4 others repped this.
  14. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repped, cuz now I don't have to say it.

15. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moishe, JohnR, bigredfutbol and 7 others repped this.
  16. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Damn Jersey prankster! :mad:

There's another anti-Trumper not far from my job. He's in a redder part of Jersey than Asbury Park so there's more of a risk from the MAGAt crowd.

17. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I stand by my rep of usscouse: I think the arson squad might be pro-Trump enough to declare it an electrical fire even if a MAGA hat next to a gas can labelled with Trump 2020 stickers is left at the scene.

18. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    More projection. You know they don’t believe that crap.

19. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Which asshole?
    The guy with the sign
    Trump
    or
    God
    ;)

fatbastard and song219 repped this.
  20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    ef3ee14feee15daddd90a0751597c97f.png

The independent Federal Judges Association is planning an emergency meeting to address issues stemming from the Justice Department's decision to intervene in the case involving Roger Stone, a longtime ally of President Trump.

Philadelphia U.S. District Judge Cynthia Rufe, president of the group, told USA Today that it “could not wait” until its spring conference to discuss the recent decisions made within the department and that its executive committee would convene a conference call on Tuesday after the department backtracked on its recommendation for Stone's sentence.

“There are plenty of issues that we are concerned about,” Rufe, who was nominated by former President George W. Bush, told the newspaper, noting that the group called for the meeting after Trump railed against the initial sentencing recommendation Stone received.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...alls-emergency-meeting-in-wake-of-roger-stone

21. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    This Bill Barr spark looks like it’s going to erupt into a firestorm. The Justice department is calling on all sitting cases to report on any interference at all from the AG or his office.
    Especially if they have anything or anyone related to Trump. Another they’re keeping an eye on is Eric Princes’ case.

MSNBC anchor Nicolle Wallace on Monday broke down “the case against William Barr” as controversy continues to envelop the Department of Justice.

“Republicans and Democrats who have served in the Justice Department for the past 12 presidents are today calling for William Barr’s resignation as our country’s attorney general,” Wallace reported.

Wallace read from an open letter signed by 2,000 former federal prosecutors and DOJ officials.

“But Mr. Barr’s actions in doing the President’s personal bidding unfortunately speak louder than his words. Those actions, and the damage they have done to the Department of Justice’s reputation for integrity and the rule of law, require Mr. Barr to resign,” the officials said.

Wallace noted that former Deputy Attorney General Donald Ayer called Barr’s actions “unAmerican.” (That unAmerican link is worth reading as is the link ‘open letter’ above)

“The Department of Justice still reeling from the sudden resignations last week of four career prosecutors on the Roger Stone case,” Wallace noted. “That was after Barr interfered in the sentencing phase for Stone, calling for more lenient sentences for the president’s long-time advisor, which Trump celebrated on Twitter. The resignations were punctuated by the appointment of another special prosecutor to investigate the investigation of another trump aide, Mike Flynn.”

The host read a quote from The Washington Post.

“The Justice Department in the Trump era has repeatedly tasked U.S. attorneys from far-flung offices to parachute into politically explosive cases in Washington, raising concerns among current and former officials that agency leaders are trying to please the president by reviewing and reinvestigating cases in which he is personally or politically invested,” the newspaper reported.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  22. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    It might be the most notable agency doing doing this. But I guarantee DoD, Energy, Interior, etc. is knee deep in Trumpian conflicts and/or pushing his personal agenda.

usscouse and fatbastard repped this.
  23. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Billy Barr is pretty much doing what his father did as a school headmaster.

Deadtigers repped this.
  24. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Maybe not so much Jim Morrison as he is Jim Jones.
    Here, let me top that up for you Lindsay.

bigredfutbol and fatbastard repped this.