Trump Presidency Tweets Too

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Mar 2, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My first job was in a parking lot at 16. Part of it involved lifting stacks of cones and construction barrels near a busy road. As you worked on roads, I'm sure you know the intensity of having a car fly by you. Imagine a car passing by at 55 MPH with at least 10 feet of space for you. At night. I was 18 doing this. That is intense on a lot of levels. It's been over ten years since that job but you don't forget. And it wasn't construction, either, it was for a entertainment venue that hosted sporting events and concerts. The job did teach me diplomacy though, I picked up a lot of deescalation tricks that still come in handy today.

From 19-23, I had a few white collar gigs. Most of them writing based. Then, I got laid off for a year, ended up working at a consignment store moving furniture and stuff. I also did some construction work as well. Schedule was great at the consignment store, I worked 4 days a week with Friday-Sunday off and had just enough to pay my bills. The schedule I had is the only thing I miss. Grocery shop and run errands on Friday and get other things done. Spend the weekend doing what you like. The work? Wasn't as fulfilling, moving furniture in winter temps is easy since you can bundle up. It still sucks though. Moving furniture in summer temps with humidity? It makes you hot as hell that's for sure. At 25, I was back at white collar roles again and have been there since. And I refuse to leave that perch. I'm currently in the midst of switching careers, too.

I'm grateful for where I am, do not get me wrong. I wake up every day and remind myself that. At 32, I'm doing incredibly well. I remind myself that a lot of people would love to be in my position. There's some elements of blue collar work I miss. I miss the camaraderie for one. But I do not miss being in the cold for eight hours or never feeling well rested.

Dr. Wankler, dapip and usscouse repped this.
  2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The open office trend is one of the dumbest things to come out of Silicon Valley ever, and this is yet another reason why I'm not voting for Bloomberg.

InTheSun and fatbastard repped this.
  3. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, yeah. But at the moment, we've got other choices.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My expert opinion as a professional software developer...

[​IMG]

InTheSun and roby repped this.
  5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My mother was the first person in her family to graduate from college with a four-year degree. (She then went the extra mile and became an MD.) Her father worked behind the parts counter at the local Ford dealership, and her mother was a housewife until he died, at which point she worked in a school lunchroom to keep a roof over her head. Since her mom continued to live in that house until she died, the house where my mother grew up, I had ample opportunity to visit that house and see how my mom grew up.

My life as a college-educated office drone constitutes nothing but progress, as I see it. I have opportunities that my grandparents never had and my body isn't currently breaking down at the age of 48.

Kazuma, Pønch and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  6. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoops. Sorry for the inadvertent posts on the already-closed thread.

Dr. Wankler repped this.