Trump Presidency Tweets 3 - The Old Man and the Seethe

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ismitje, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's a little different here. I think people lose their goddamned minds when they cross the Denver-DougCo county line. I was out today at the grocery store today and everyone had their masks and was generally cool about it.

Meanwhile, you watch the news and DougCo wants to leave Tri-County Health because -- gasp -- Tri-County Health had the temerity to recommend some flimsy mask requirement that municipalities can opt out of. Idiots.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  2. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    TX could one day be a cool place to visit

3. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya know, it's not hard to understand your point of view. I mean, I have been saying that we need every anti-Trump vote this election for some time.

But that was before the coronavirus killed 200,00 people because 30-40% of the country refuse to wash their hands and cover their faces with a piece of cloth. Those people are, by and large, Republicans who have bought into lies from their political leaders. Leaders they elected because of conspiracies they bought into, from Obama's birth certificate to Solyndra to Jade Helm.

Democrats are not innately more intelligent. Liberals are not innately more willing to embrace science. We have to police ourselves. We have to be as good as we can be. And we have to be vigilant. If we don't do these things, then in as little time as a decade, we could see the Democrats embracing conspiracies as policy. And it could get hundreds of thousands of people killed.

So no, it's not over-reacting.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  4. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Listen, man, I've been on the Internet for 30 years -- yes, since 1990 -- and I believe that it's big enough for serious policy discussions and to make catty comments about Donald Trump's sweaty, incestuous carnal relations with Ivanka.

If you think that I'm a bad member of the opposition because I occasionally work a little blue and don't mind it if other folks work a little blue, well, sorry.

luftmensch and russ repped this.
  6. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait til they find out that the prairie dogs have had the bubonic plague the entire time. They'll lose their goddamned minds. (No, seriously, some kid in Fort Collins died of the bubonic plague a couple of years ago.)

7. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I think you're a shitty person who shouldn't help choose candidates for the party that has to govern. I don't care if you make catty comments. I care if you vote. And you really shouldn't be voting in Democratic primaries. You can go vote in the GOP ones. As I said, they're more than happy to take you.

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I've got bad news for you.

I was a delegate to the 2020 Colorado Democratic Convention.

luftmensch, ElNaranja, rslfanboy and 5 others repped this.
  9. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Precisely! That's why you're so dangerous to the Democratic party! I really do worry that people like you are going to exercise power in a way that leads to selecting candidates who don't know what they're doing. It should concern everyone else here, too. The Trump Presidency should have taught us that we need to base our beliefs in facts, in evidence, but all it appears to be doing is convincing idiots that they need to follow the same playbook.

I hope that Joe Biden wins a resounding enough victory to disprove the "we gotta be like the Republicans" faction in the Democratic Party. I really do. If he doesn't, then the Democrats are likely to follow the Tea Party's footsteps. And then hundreds of thousands more Americans will die in the next crisis.

It's sad. It's embarrassing.

10. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's worth a listen to Noel Casler's account of working on the Apprentice set.

What is strange is he has never been sued for his comments, as all those guys are under NDA

11. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    See I disagree on this.

Jacinda has showed that the best way to fight the Trumpy element is with high end, emotionally savvy comms.

American Brummie repped this.
  12. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And if there's evidence in the 2020 elections that civility bests incivility, then you can be first in line to tell me so.

13. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    OK - joke's over.

When El Jefe is a danger to the democratic party I think you gave it away

luftmensch, ElNaranja, russ and 3 others repped this.
  14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look man, I ran seven miles a few hours ago and followed that up with the TOTALLY ADVISABLE idea of drinking 40 oz of craft brew (for those that are curious, it's the "Craft Malt Liquor" from Longmont's own Großen Bart Brewery, an amusing seasonal brew that is neither as good as their usual brews, but better than all the malt liquors that I remember when I was in college 25 years ago) and I'm just popping off on BigSoccer. If you were expecting me to expound in very erudite terms on why I backed Elizabeth Warren in the county and state assemblies (BIG STRUCTURAL CHANGE) or why I backed Andrew Romanoff for Senate (yes, that makes me 0-for-2 this year), you got me at the wrong time.

Right now, I got crude comments about how the duly elected President of the United States was giving his daughter all two and a half inches.

luftmensch, Q*bert Jones III and dapip repped this.
  15. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't understand this post. Do you think I'm not being serious?

16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I think there is evidence that high quality comms beat low quality comms.

The Occupy Democrats twins were very interesting on this topic given they have built basically the only top ranking liberal facebook page. The issue is that Liberals don't like right wing style memes. Also, deep and meaningful content about healthcare is too boring to share. This created a challenge of what valuable content you can create that liberal voters will share to begin conversations with potential voters.

One thing we've seen in recent months is liberals will share a lot of data, graphics, charts, videos on hot topics.

e.g Lincoln Project stuff is shared, is scary but also is not fake news - its accurate.

I find the content battle quite fascinating.

xtomx repped this.
  17. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

luftmensch, Deadtigers and appwrangler repped this.
  18. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Interesting to scan Occupy democrats memes and shares

this seems to be the most off-colour they get. fairly sexist content.

[​IMG]

19. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The pee tape is quite interesting as an example of what may have been russian disinfo embedded into official sources - I mean McCain took the dossier to the FBI!

21. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

appwrangler, roby, ElJefe and 2 others repped this.
  22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maybe it’s possible for liberal posters to wonder how deviant the Trump family can be, while at the same time understanding that voting for democrats is the only way to save our country?

Maybe a liberal mind can joke about the president’s unnatural desires while knowing that healthcare is a winning issue, specially during a pandemic?

Maybe a person that is not full of self-righteousness can see that the latest post that started the moral dissertation was intended as a joke, tailgating the candid conversation from earlier that day?

I mean, if just 1000 voters are repulsed by Trump’s creepy behavior using his advisors words trying to paint our candidate as a pervert, I would say the add was a hit; at the same time I hope most of us understand that it is not how the Democrats operate most of the time and it’s not central to their campaign or politics.

23. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-sarcasm-history-990750/

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/07/politics/donald-trump-joking-gloria-borger/index.html

But okay, I'll bite.

Walk me through the humor. What's funny about the President of the United States sexually abusing his daughter? Walk me through the premise or setup, the punchline, or the original target of satire.

ceezmad repped this.
  24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the "really 1" thing.

25. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Unscientifically, the ad flops for me, because when wearing my neutral hat and watching the ads about his reaction to COVID-19, or tear-gassing protesters, or being surrounded by crooks, I think "Hey the people who made these ads might really care about America." Then I see this ad and think, "Nah they're just Democrats who hate Trump."

ChrisSSBB and superdave repped this.