Trotters - Toon [R]

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Wide Boy, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Wide Boy

Wide Boy New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    London
    I only saw this one on the telly, but it looked like a bad defeat for us.

Either side of Ambrose's wonder goal, we conceded two, both to loose balls in the six yard box where the Bolton player wanted to win the ball much more than our defenders did.

It's the first defeat under Souness and, as he said himself, the real test comes when we have to pick ourselves up after the run ends.

2. PYordan

PYordan New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Pamplona, Spain
    I don't think the three forward plan worked at all either.

3. sakana

sakana BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but the highlights weren't exactly impressive. Shay looked wobbly on both goals, which was surprising-- he's usually about the only person back there we can count on. In the post-game comments, Souness several times said that we defended well-- can anyone who actually saw the game confirm or deny? From what Wide Boy said, it sounds like Souey was just blowing smoke. Nevertheless, it would be a nice sliver lining to a defeat if our backs were finally getting settled.

4. stephen4

stephen4 New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Scotland
    If it was the height difference between our defenders and Boltons attackers that was the problem why wasn't Bramble playing

5. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I watched the game and I did not think the Newcastle defence looked all that great. Two dead ball situations for Bolton scored them their two goals. Shay Given did get a nice uppercut in on Jaidi though which was funny. He broke his nose. It just seemed Newcaslte had the wrong lineup in there. Their attack was non existent. They were outshot 17-3. Being the Fulham fan, I am just hoping they do not take their frustration out on us next Saturday.