Trinidad & Tobago News and more![R]

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by abw, Aug 8, 2002.

1. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
  2. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    he and russel latapy retired from international football last season.

3. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
  4. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
  5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Yorke, the best ever for T&T?

[​IMG]

6. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dwarika is a very good player. Why is he wasting his time on the Island? He needs to move abroad.

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ARENA ENCOURAGES TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Speaking at the CONCACAF World Cup symposium, U.S. boss Bruce Arena had kind words for host nation Trinidad & Tobago. The gaffer both encouraged their national team and praised the regional headquarters for holding the forum.

“It’s all about having patience in order to get success,” Arena directly offered to T & T officials. “The players and coaches and the fans have to realize that in trying to qualify for a World Cup you are going to have your ups and downs, but once you hang in there together as a team and an organization then you are going to be successful.”

http://www.soccer365.com/US_home/CONCACAF/page_32_40031.shtml

8. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Re: Yorke, the best ever for T&T?

probably the best concacaf player of the last 5 years

9. Shatta

Shatta New Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Inglewood California
    Stern John is blossoming into the player that most predicted that he would become.

Trinidad has a good group of youngsters coming up and they can't be discounted.

What is the deal with Rahim, Is he getting playing time at West Ham?

10. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
  11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Najjar named Trinidad & Tobago technical director

Hannibal Najjar was named the new Technical Director of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and Head Coach of the country’s men's national team on Wednesday.
    Najjar’s was among a host of appointments announced by the TTFF as it launched bids to qualify for the 2006 FIFA World Cup, 2004 Olympic Football Tournament and the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship.

http://www.concacaf.com/news/article.page/1019

12. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
  13. JPhurst

JPhurst New Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
  14. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    wow, how many bad things can happen to players from this country...didnt they have a player die last year in a car crash and a youth player become paralyzed?

15. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Yes I believe the player that died in the car accident was Mickey Trotman who also happened to play for the Rochester Ragin' Rhinos of the A-League. The player that was paralyzed, isn't his name Marvin? I can't remember his last name.

Too bad. :(

16. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    FYI: A tragady can happen to anyone in any country.........................

Marvin Lee got paralyzed for life after a tackle from Landon Donovan from the USA.

Read This:
    http://www.socawarriors.net/u-17_u-20.htm

17. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Soca Warriors on strike.

Almost the full TnT senior team that had been training since last year went on striker for more money yesterday. The national team will be playing Finland on Wednesday (29,JAN) evening with a entirely new squad.

The scale began at $300-$500 US (less than 10 caps per game) and ended at $3,000 US (75 caps or more per game) for a full international outing. The Warriors want US$1,000 per game for anyone with more than 15 national caps and US$750 for players with less.

Star stopper Keyeno Thomas paid the ultimate price for his role in the strike as he was among three players sacked by Joe Public, owned by FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, Jeremy Delpino and Hollis Brown were also dismissed by the “Eastern Lions” with immediate effect.

The T&T federation said "Players who have indicated their unwillingness to represent Trinidad and Tobago in this match (today) are hereby suspended from all football activity under the aegis of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and all its affiliates, both local and international, pending a full scale inquiry into their withdrawal from the National Squad.

Here's some of the players who walked off:
    Kelvin Jack, Brent Sancho, Travis Mulraine, Silvio Spann, Lyndon Andrews, Trent Noel, Sean Julien, Gary Glasgow, Ian Gray, Cornell Glenn, Cyd Gray, Jeremy Delpino, Hollis Brown, Keyeno Thomas, Uz Taylor.

I dont think the T&T federation will be to happy about this and dont expect to see most of these guys wear the T&T shirt ever again.

We had big plans for Silvio Spann (Perugia), Ian Gray (Jabloteh), Brent Sancho (Jabloteh, Dundee soon), Keyeno Thomas (Joe Public), Cornell Glenn (Jabloteh), Gary Glasgow (Jabloteh) and Sean Julien (Starworld Strikers), these players will be miss, but their timing and the manner they went on strike was unacceptable.

http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=107201;article=58976

All over the world is going through roungh times right now, and these players requested US$1,000 for players with 15 caps and over and US$750 per player with 14 caps and under for friendly matches beginning with the Finland friendly, to be honest they want too much in these tough times for friendly games, I am not saying they dont deserve more or better or the TTFF is good, but these players need to use their discretion a little more, right now they are getting US$200 per player regardless of international caps for friendly internationals, and US$600 per player per match for the Gold Cup qualifying matches regardless of international appearances, personally I think its not a bad deal, it's your country you're representing for pete sake man, you can only benefit from playing international football, now I think they put they foot in they mouth, no games, no caps and contracts, etc....

The players need to take a stand and they should protest to getting rid of Oliver Camps this I agree, but to fight down your country for money in these tough times is very heartless especially for friendly games, the players deserve more money especially for games that counts and should be respected for that, but to stand up right before a game and protest is sabotage, they learnt well from Latapy and Yorke.

They should of handle it better, bottom line, I am depress, but I am still in support of the players because I know how the TTFF does operate, I am sure Oliver Camps does get paid healty, I wonder if he took a pay cut too, YEA right.

The players where paid since the last gold cup qualifiers, just not enough, this is what I understand from the reports, I dont know who to believe,,, unfortunatley we cannot afford to hire full time players as big countries do and it was always like this, so they knew what they were getting into in the first place.

18. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wonder what will happen with the Finland game tonight? Should be an interesting match with the new players. I assume the players called up are from the T&T professional league?

19. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Infact it wasn't to bad, for a squad that was put together in one day, they showed willingness, we lost 2-1, T&T enjoyed the lead against the Finnish squad up until the 78th minute.

Selwyn George, Craig Demmin, Kurt Williams, David George, Anton Pierre, Kwesi Smith, Kerry Baptiste, Handell Manswell (Kenwyne Jones 55th - Anthony Wolfe 80th), Owen Matthews, Errol McFarlane (Steve Sealy 65th), Jason Scotland.

20. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Doesn't Finland also play a game against the T&T League XI?

21. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    They face a Tobago XI now..

22. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Re: Soca Warriors on strike.

Interesting. I remember RDL used to always comment on the (albeit obvious) conflict of interest by Jack Warner.

23. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Question for Kick da Ball

Hey, is Silvio Spann playing for W-Connection now??? I saw that he was, but in your post it said he was running w/ Perugia