Tributo a Roberto Taylor

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, Apr 8, 2009.

1. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    [​IMG]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Roberto J. Taylor: Roberto Taylor played for the Guatemala Junior National Team in 1966 and club teams Tipografia Nacional and Cementos Novello (1967-1969) before relocating to New Haven, Connecticut in 1970. He attended South Central Community College (1971-1972) before transferring to the University of New Haven in 1972. Taylor was an outstanding midfielder who scored 25 goals and added 8 assists during his 26 games for New Haven, earning All-New England recognition both years. Roberto joined the Connecticut Yankees of the American Soccer League and became the 1975 Rookie of the Year, a league All-Star and earned the team's MVP. That same year he finished second in the ASL in scoring with 14 tallies and four assists from the midfield. Taylor played for the Hartford Bicentennials of the North American Soccer League in 1976. Unfortunately, injuries from an automobile accident in 1977 limited his ability to continue playing competitive soccer. In 1984, he was inducted into the Hew Haven Hall of Fame. [/FONT]​

2. am13539

am13539 New Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I had never heard of Taylor. This is very interesting. What is he doing now?

3. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Yea i never heard from him until one of my uncles told me about him, he told me that he was a really good player. I dont know what he's doing now but i'll do some research.